L.t.triangulum Information "Walt Deptula" - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Kingsnakes & Milksnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-03-2011, 01:14 AM   #1
KcTrader
L.t.triangulum Information "Walt Deptula"

I was going through some old magazines a while back and remember seeing a "Calico Milksnake". This snake was posted in the Sept/Oct 1995 issue of Reptiles and Amphibians on page 6, in the section of "Letter to the Editor". The letter was written by Walt Deptula, if anyone knows how to get in contact with him please do. I would like to know what happened to this beautiful L.t.triangulum. Also if anyone has any information on this snake please contact me through here or a post.

Here's some photos of the photo of the snake in question, also the excert of the letter.Sorry for the blurred pics, I took the photo's with a cell phone. I may try for better pics with my camera.

" Dear Ms Ramus,

I legally collected this snake, a three foot male, in northeast Conn. in July 1994. In some regard, it is one of the most unusual snakes I've ever collected. This is an opinion shared by many "Milk Snake People" around the country, and will be pictured on a future Milk Snake poster.

We believe that the snake has two seperate genetic mutations: extreme hypomelanism and possible pie balding. The array of colors mid-dorsally is difficult to describe.The ventral surface is a checkerboard of two tones of white.

Sadly, the habitat that produced this animal was destroyed. An old foundation and a long undisturbed field was bulldozed to clear the way for new construction. An area that was home to hundreds of snakes, as well as wild turkeys and numerous ground-nesting birds is no more.

The good news is that this male has bred with two females and in all liklihood the genetics will be passed on.

Walt Deptula

Townsville,S.C. "

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!