Need Help Immediately...please Help...someone - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues

Notices

Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues Anything to do with veterinarians, health issues, pathogens, hygiene, or sanitation.

Old 07-27-2005, 01:57 PM   #1
alexspythons
Stop! Need Help Immediately...please Help...someone

I Just Had A Mouse Bite Two Dime Size Holes In One Of My Males Right Down To His Spine...what Should I Do? I've Never Had An Encounter Like This Before? What Type Of Medication Or Healing Aid Should I Use? Any Help From Anyone Would Be Greatly Appreciated. Actually, If You Could Give Me A Call At The Number Below That Would Be Even Better. Thanks So Much...

Alex Quiles
A & J's Snakes
845-800-6928

Old 07-27-2005, 02:04 PM   #2
reptilemama
Short and simple- take him to a vet and never feed live again.

Old 07-27-2005, 02:07 PM   #3
Joker
Go directly to the vet! ASAP
Josh Dahl

Old 07-27-2005, 03:07 PM   #4
alexspythons
Thanks...I appreciate your input and advice greatly. I figured and he is there now with my partner. He still has movement which is good...mouse didn't get through the spine...I think he's in a little shock...of course...I think he will do just fine...won't have that great stripe on his back anymore...but he'll be good in no time...thanks guys

Alex Quiles
A & J's Snakes
22 LaCatena Road
Pine Bush, NY 12566
845-800-6928

Old 07-27-2005, 03:12 PM   #5
Joker
I suggest you consider trying to convert to Frozen Thawed or at least Fresh Killed Prey to save on these headaches in the future. Not trying to preach or pick but it would have prevented this.
Josh Dahl

Old 07-27-2005, 03:47 PM   #6
pch101
First, treat the wound, and then take to an EXPERIENCED reptile Vet asap. Then do as the others have said and NEVER ever again leave a live rodent in the enclosure with your snake. In addition, I would strongly recomend that you feed your snake(s) frozen thawed or prekilled. Last but not least, this is really not a BOI issue, This should be brought up in one of the appropriate snake fourms here. They are in need of traffic, and this is why they are there.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!