Snowden - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum

Notices

Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum Survivalism, Livestock, Preparedness, Self Reliant Homesteading, Individual Liberty

Old 06-26-2013, 05:01 PM   #11
JColt
Dont disagree but hard to base on 8 min video that is of one opinion. I would think this would have to be sorted in court. I do believe giving out classified info that concerns national security is a bit higher than Eric Brockovitch type whistle blowing though. Although I do see the point that he could be charged with something less than treason.

Old 06-26-2013, 05:09 PM   #12
JColt
Tommy please stop with the buzz words. I am neither for or against the man. One part of me does say, Yeah way to go the other side says, What else might he spill? I also do not know what type of contract he signed with Govt. If it says you cannot tell what you had for supper and you tell then guess what? Your in the wrong. He might have one hell of a confidentiality clause.

Old 06-26-2013, 05:58 PM   #13
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by JColt View Post
Dont disagree but hard to base on 8 min video that is of one opinion. I would think this would have to be sorted in court. I do believe giving out classified info that concerns national security is a bit higher than Eric Brockovitch type whistle blowing though. Although I do see the point that he could be charged with something less than treason.
Yes, much higher than other cases. The point that sticks with me is that the government is doing something unconstitutional then reporting on such wouldn't be treason, would it?

Like you stated, the courts will decide.

Not implying they (court) will be right.

Old 06-26-2013, 06:11 PM   #14
JColt
Yes it is a very sticky situation all the way around. I tell you something I think we can all agree on. If next President is Democrat it will be more of the same. If Rep more of the past and if Independent will be fighting against both parties. I'm really not optimistic. Sorry, little side rant.

Old 06-26-2013, 06:37 PM   #15
Metachrosis
Its well past the Dem/Rep stage as history now records both as equal offenders
across the many previous decades.(proven,documented,FACT)
In simpler terms,the affiliation of a US President no longer dictates what is already in motion.
The progression has steadily gained momentum with the last 4 seated,the next one seated will roll their seat term(s)on cruise control . . . . . . . . .

Old 06-26-2013, 06:50 PM   #16
WebSlave
Ah, but WHO decides what information is considered as being "classified"? And what is the criteria used to make such a determination?

Sure would be handy for the government to just categorize EVERYTHING that takes place within their control as being "classified" now wouldn't it?

Do we really WANT a secret government that can do anything it wants to, and be completely immune to any public disclosure and backlash? The government is already pretty much secure against anything other than internal hand slapping anyway, with OUR only recourse supposedly at the ballot box. Which, of course, means that if we want to vote a Twiddle-Dee out of office, our only real choice as an alternative will be a Tweedle-Dum.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:02 PM   #17
Metachrosis
Like this from 6/10/13
quote:

“If anyone thinks that what’s going on right now with all of this surveillance of American citizens is to fight some sort of foreign enemy, they’re delusional. If people think that this ‘scandal’ can’t get any worse, it will, hour by hour, day by day. This has the ability to bring down our national leadership, the administration and other senior elected officials working in collusion with this administration, both Republican and Democrats. People within the NSA, the Department of Justice, and others, they know who they are, need to come forth with the documentation of ‘policy and practice’ in their possession, disclose what they know, fight what’s going on, and just do their job. I have never seen anything like this, ever. The present administration is going after leakers, media sources, anyone and everyone who is even suspected of ‘betrayal.’ That’s what they call it, ‘betrayal.’ Can you believe the size of their cahones? This administration considers anyone telling the truth about Benghazi, the IRS, hell, you name the issue, ‘betrayal,’” he said.
“We know all this already,” I stated. He looked at me, giving me a look like I’ve never seen, and actually pushed his finger into my chest. “You don’t know jack,” he said, “this is bigger than you can imagine, bigger than anyone can imagine. This administration is collecting names of sources, whistle blowers and their families, names of media sources and everybody they talk to and have talked to, and they already have a huge list. If you’re not working for MSNBC or CNN, you’re probably on that list. If you are a website owner with a brisk readership and a conservative bent, you’re on that list. It’s a political dissident list, not an enemy threat list,” he stated.
“What’s that exactly mean, being on that list, that is,” I asked, trying to make sense of it all.
“It means that there will be censorship under the color of authority of anyone in the U.S. who is attempting to expose what’s going on in our name. It’s about controlling any damning information from reaching epidemic proportions. It’s damage control to the extreme. It’s about the upcoming censorship of the internet in the name of national security. The plans are already in place. These latest reports about ‘spying eyes’ have turned this administration and others connected to it into something very, very dangerous. They feel cornered and threatened, and I’m hearing about some plans they have to shut down the flow of information that is implicating them of wrongdoing. Time is short,” he stated.
“How are they going to do this? How is it even possible” I asked.

end quote;plenty more to it though,
Bonus round,
what day did Snowden pop on the public media radar??
Sure,I would be entertained if you attempted to express the flip side to this,yes I really would.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:15 PM   #18
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman View Post
I don't think he is a hero
Why is that? He has given up all hopes of a normal life in order to tell us of all of this, and I believe he will be looking over his shoulder for the rest of his life.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:16 PM   #19
Metachrosis
What the hell,one more snippet couldnt hurt
quote;pt2

“First, they intend to use the Justice Department to silence journalists like in the Rosen case, but they won’t stop there. They will use a host of national security policies, laws, letters, whatever to take out the bigger threats,” he stated.
Next, they will use some sort of excuse, an external threat, and I believe it will be a combination of the economic collapse and a Mid-East war that will begin in Syria to throttle the information that is accessible on the Internet. And you know what? People will believe it!”
Based on what I’ve seen, most of which I should not have seen, the DHS is co-ordinating efforts with other federal agencies to begin to threaten American citizens with incarceration for non-compliance. You know the old talk of color coded lists? Well, this is what they will be using. People exposing the truth about Benghazi, killing the U.S. Dollar, even those questioning Obama?s legal status and eligibility to be President are the current targets. And they’ve had five long years to get to this point. The ugly truth is that these policies and practices did not start under Obama, but long before. This is about the killing of our Constitutional Republic. The murder of our country and the stripping of our rights. While many have been preoccupied with one issue, few have seen the bigger issue. This is the ‘end game,’ for all the marbles,” he stated.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:53 PM   #20
JColt
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Ah, but WHO decides what information is considered as being "classified"? And what is the criteria used to make such a determination?
I would imagine anything security related would be classified right out of the gate.

I can only imagine what his contract specified. I installed conveyor and dip tanks, washer and dryer for Remington Arms. I had to sign a document almost as thick as a small sized city phone book stating I would not reveal info, pictures, documents and a long list of other things.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!