Bad Guy Beware of Casey Lauren Byiers (Rhasputin/EVLV/Eccentric Evolution) - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-26-2012, 10:30 AM   #41
E2MacPets
Remember, the point we're at now is that Casey Byiers already sent Stina a text saying "I have your mouse" on this past Wednesday.
After this text was sent, 4 people were there in person hoping Casey would do the right thing. She had her opportunity. She refused. She taunted that the police couldn't make her turn it over. The police were called and she stood by her refusal to the police.

Old 05-26-2012, 10:49 AM   #42
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypancistrus View Post
When I posted publicly what happened, she flipped out. She called me using another phone so I would not know it was her, and then cried and whined and begged me to remove the negative post.
Lauren, can you post links to this thread in the mouse forums you are on? It seems as if pleas to do the right thing fall on deaf ears, but telling others what happened gets her attention.

Old 05-26-2012, 01:46 PM   #43
Heather82
More people have come out with other dealings with Casey, and Casey has responded herself briefly here:

http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showt...tric-Evolution)

Old 05-26-2012, 01:53 PM   #44
StinaUIUC
Thank you Heather, I was going to share that but hadn't gotten to it yet....I went to bed at like 5 am and just woke up a little while ago...lol

Old 05-26-2012, 02:51 PM   #45
Wolfy-hound
There was one person who was NOT confused as to what Casey had ordered when the mice came into the airport. That one person choose to take a mouse she had not ordered deliberately and has further chosen to keep the mouse after admitting it's not her mouse.

Whether you fool someone into handing over their property or not, it's stealing. You can walk up to a elderly woman, and insist you need to check her purse and walk off with it after she hands it to you. That's stealing. Casey lied to get a mouse that did not belong to her. Casey stated it's not hers, and then refused to turn over the stolen property.

Stealing is stealing. Perhaps the organizer should have prevented the theft by having a better listing of who got what... but it's still the thief that did the stealing!

The Walmart analogy still doesn't hold up... the thief that stole the last widget is still a thief, even if Walmart failed to catch him in time to prevent the theft. By the reasoning that no one stopped her, so it's okay for her to steal it... anyone who shoplifts is not stealing.

Old 05-26-2012, 05:31 PM   #46
breakinglass
Casey is wrong. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. However i agree with suzuki4life when I say the organizer has to take some responsibility in this. What's the point of having someone in charge of the money/receiving animals if they're not gonna make sure people get what they paid for? Example, a wholesaler just gets in a shipment of snakes and you paid for a pair in advance. Who's to blame when you call the wholesaler to have your snakes shipped and he says sorry I sold them all? I certainly wouldn't blame the person/persons who bought the snakes. I would be mad at the wholesaler for selling them out from under me.

Old 05-26-2012, 05:44 PM   #47
StinaUIUC
That's not really the same situation. In this situation the person who organized the shipment was doing us all a favor...she was not making ANY money off of us and did ALL the work so none of us had to. It's not the same thing as a wholesaler selling animals. The person who organized was doing so purely to help avoid confusion with the breeders in the UK and airline...this was a group effort, and one person offered to do all the legwork with contacts b/c it would have been a LOT more complicated and difficult without one person doing the communication. Only one breeder actually charged for the actual animals, otherwise all of the money was in everyone paying their share of shipping for the animals they were getting. Also, everyone who was at the airport was helping to sort out the animals...and I think the group sort effort is probably what made it confusing and allowed casey to take the wrong animal...since there were several people trying to figure it out rather than the organizer simply saying you take this, you take that, etc.... I'm not sure what actually happened at the airport...but the fact is, that the organizer confirmed with casey bucks only but casey took a buck and a doe, when I had confirmed with the organizer 2 does and 1 buck and I ended up with 2 bucks and 1 doe.

Old 05-26-2012, 05:44 PM   #48
StinaUIUC
Casey has posted in the thread mentioned earlier that she is going to give me the doe...so we will see what happens now.

Old 05-26-2012, 05:53 PM   #49
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by StinaUIUC View Post
Casey has posted in the thread mentioned earlier that she is going to give me the doe...so we will see what happens now.
I hope you get your doe happy and healthy and prior to delivering any litter of babies she may be carrying.
I hope Casey will not be invited to participate in any more group deals for a while.

Old 05-26-2012, 06:23 PM   #50
breakinglass
I understand what you're saying, but you made my point. The whole idea behind an "organizer" is to have one person dealing with the details so confusion like this is avoided. The organizer should've been the one saying you get this, they get that, and personally ensuring the orders are filled properly. It seems like everything was good until the animals arrived at the airport and excitement took over, turning it into a confusing mass of people grabbing at the best ones. Hope everything works out for ya.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!