Follow up after the sale - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 10-18-2011, 12:54 PM   #1
bkelley02
Follow up after the sale

Do any of you make it a habit to follow up after the sale to see if the person is still happy or encountering any issues?

I'm a hobbyist and just sold my first few this year. I don't want to be a pest, but have checked in a couple times to make sure the snake was eating and to answer questions if they came up.

Any thoughts or opinions on this?

Thanks,

Brian

Old 10-18-2011, 01:48 PM   #2
rcarichter
I usually send a lot of back and forth emails before the sale, whether I'm the buyer or seller. I always let buyers know they are welcome to follow up or ask questions at any time in the future. If you decide to proactively check on a sale, please keep one thing in mind--once you sell an animal, it's the new owner's right to do with it as they wish. Sometimes that means immediately reselling it. It's frowned upon to do so, as it causes stress to the animal, but everyone's opinion of timing is different. But people buy and sell animals all the time, and they have to come from somewhere. I recommend making sure the animal arrived safely, then letting your buyer know that you're always open to communication, and let them take it from there.

Noelle

Old 10-18-2011, 01:50 PM   #3
bkelley02
Understood. Thank you for the feedback.

Old 10-18-2011, 04:01 PM   #4
hhmoore
I have contacted customers to follow up on a few animals - usually holdbacks that I offered as substitutes, or something in which I had a particular interest - but I'm pretty sure I checked at the time of sale to make sure that was acceptable to them. I have also contacted a few with additional information (ie I discovered that the parents of their snake were het for something that I hadn't revealed).
For routine sales, though, I go by the theory that they know how to find me if they have questions/concerns.

Old 10-20-2011, 11:39 PM   #5
DeMeNtEdDoGz
In most instances customers, especially locally, ask to keep in touch. I do on occasion do a follow up to see how everything's going, make sure theyve transitioned well and that the customer is happy if i feel its warranted (I.E. a particular holdback that may have been hard to let go :-p or a picky eater thats jumpy around new people, exc) )

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!