Amazon Corns? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-28-2005, 11:37 AM   #1
rptilian
Amazon Corns?

I noticed that Amazon Reptile Center has a pair of "Amazon Corns" on their site. the male and female adults are apparently sexable by color? Does anyone know anything about this morph?

Old 06-29-2005, 01:07 AM   #2
TripleMoonsExotic
Check this thread out...

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...ht=amazon+corn

Their's also something on Kingsnake.com...

Personally, look like normals to me! And they don't deny it! Just slapped their name one it to make them seem special...

Old 06-29-2005, 01:08 AM   #3
TripleMoonsExotic
Also wanted to add...

According to his replies on kingsnake.com; he hasn't proved these out as a new morph, nor has any interest to!

Old 06-29-2005, 09:56 AM   #4
rptilian
Disappointing...

to see their lack of interest in proving them out as something new. Shame is I've actually heard a lot of good things about Amazon.

Thanks for the link.

Old 07-03-2005, 02:46 AM   #5
DragonCharm
Maybe it isn't something new.....don't let this hold you back from buying from him....at least he was up front about everything regarding them. I've had good dealings with him and would certainly not hesitate to buy from him in the future based on my experience with Scott.

Old 07-03-2005, 11:56 AM   #6
TripleMoonsExotic
What did he want? $200 for a pair of normals? Coining normals with the term "Amazon" is going to confuse any new to the hobby...They'll think they have something special, then learn that they were scammed. Great way to start out, eh?

Old 07-12-2005, 10:09 AM   #7
DragonCharm
Quote:
Originally Posted by blckkat
What did he want? $200 for a pair of normals? Coining normals with the term "Amazon" is going to confuse any new to the hobby...They'll think they have something special, then learn that they were scammed. Great way to start out, eh?
Well, this guy saw them in person and thought they were unique (from link above):
Quote:
I used to go to Amazon a lot as I lived right next to it at college and had a number of snakes to tend to They have one of the nicest facilities I've seen and treat their animals very well. They do tend to buy pretty low and sell at the usual pet store prices (If I recall correctly a normal baby corn was $20 there) but I imagine they need to pay for all that nice equipment somehow and staff! They were always honest and had good quality animals from what I could see, though I never bought an animal from them. Once I was hanging out and talking with the owner and he showed me an "amazon" corn project, which he said he thought was a new morph and he'd name it after the store. That was at least a year or two ago. I imagine he must have proved the trait out. I can't say I was amazingly awestruck by the differentness of the corn I saw, but it was a very pretty adult and had a different look to it; lighter and much more pastelish, if I recall correctly. Like what you might imagine a hypo with a strong green-and-pink snow ancestry might look like.
Dunno, doesn't seem like he's trying to rip anyone off. He says they produce strange offspring, above states the same. He never said it was a definite recessive or codom, just that weird things come out when you breed them. You called it a scam above, pretty harsh words considering the situation ya know?

Old 07-12-2005, 01:03 PM   #8
TripleMoonsExotic
When you don't want to prove out the animals and call them a new morph (in this case "Amazon"); then yes, that would be a scam in my book (as well as many others). He also claimed that he WASN'T selling these. What was caught being advertised via the internet? Um, him selling them for $200 a pair!

Old 07-12-2005, 02:45 PM   #9
DragonCharm
Quote:
Originally Posted by blckkat
When you don't want to prove out the animals and call them a new morph (in this case "Amazon"); then yes, that would be a scam in my book (as well as many others). He also claimed that he WASN'T selling these. What was caught being advertised via the internet? Um, him selling them for $200 a pair!
Scamming is saying that something is proven and it's not. He said it's not proven, how is that a scam? He can sell them for whatever he feels like selling them for, it's his choice......as it's your choice to pass on them. And of course this is all IMO.....you're of course entitled to your own opinion.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!