Obsolete or invalid email addresses - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 08-18-2019, 01:42 PM   #1
WebSlave
Exclamation Obsolete or invalid email addresses

Please verify that the email address you are using in your account on this site is still valid. Replies to threads you are subscribed to, notices of private messages being received in your inbox, and maybe a few other instances will issue emails to your registered email address. If that address is not valid, or otherwise disabled, this sends a bounceback message to me. And in perhaps some instances also sends red flags to the related email service about this site possibly not being valid or perhaps even an issuer of spam related messages. It is not at all unusual for spam sources to utilize bogus return email addresses, so I would imaging that spam blocking software keeps a sharp eye out for this sort of situation.

So this causes some problems that really need to be addressed. Sooner or later (hopefully sooner) I will be going through the list of bounced email addresses that have been accumulating and contacting the account owners via private message about correcting their email issue. Please take care of this ASAP! Failure to do so will leave me little choice in what I have to do about your account causing these email issues. I cannot have something silly like this negatively affecting this site, so I will have to do what I have to do in order to try to correct it as best I can. So after receiving my notice of the email failure, if you refuse to correct the problem, you may very well find you account access to this site severely restricted. Sorry, but I do have to do what I have to do. You will not be leaving me any choice in the matter.

BTW, if you created a temporary email address merely to register on this account and have already abandoned it, sorry, but you might find yourself in a pickle if you want to continue using this site. For one thing, if you forget your password, you are pretty much out of luck, since the procedure necessary to reset your password requires a valid email address in order to work properly. Certainly trying to contact me using an invalid email address, or even one where you have the spam settings set too high, is certainly going to be a problem for you. I do reply to emails, but cannot help it if you cannot receive my reply.

Secondly, those people who post classified ads here will get email notices of posted replies to their ads sent to them via email. And notices of private messages related to sales inquiries are normally associated with an email sent to you to alert you of such messages in case you come to this site only infrequently. So really, you have some darn good reasons to make sure your registered email address is valid at all times. To not make sure that all lines of communication under your control are open to you at all times is, to me anyway, just nonsensical.

Of course, some people have just abandoned this site anyway, and don't give a flip about their email address, and those accounts will have to be addressed accordingly in order to stop the problems they are causing.

Have I made my point clear enough yet?

Old 08-18-2019, 04:10 PM   #2
WebSlave
Oh yeah, one other thing.

Might be wise to whitelist "webmaster@faunaclassifieds.com" with your email processor as well. Since I will sometimes get verification emails lost or otherwise not delivered from new members using gmail, yahoo, hotmail, etc, yet others process just fine, I have to assume that some users are setting their spam blocking too high and those emails from this site are not getting through.

Nothing I can do about that from my end. YOU have to take care of your end of this, I am afraid.

I can manually approve such verification email lapses when I check on them, but all of the other problems mentioned in the earlier post will still apply to you.

Sorry, but I can only do so much...

Old 10-30-2019, 03:53 AM   #3
WebSlave
I have begun contacting members that are causing bounced emails because of their registered email address being abandoned, false, or any other error that causes a bounce back. Please do not ignore this request to correct the problem on your end. Failure to do so will leave me no choice but to cancel all of your thread subscriptions and anything else that generates emails to you, and then lock your account.

New accounts created that immediately generate a bounceback for the verification email will simply be deleted.

Quite frankly, in my opinion, anyone who creates an account here with the intention of selling animals and/or merchandise and doesn't keep their contact info up to date, is just being rather foolish. Not to mention wasteful of the resources here.

Old 11-21-2019, 07:10 PM   #4
WebSlave
So far this has been rather effective getting members to update their email addresses to help clean up this bounced email problem. Most take care of it right away, and even without notifying me of this fact, I can tell because the bounced emails from their account just ceases.

There are still a few that have not complied after the notices were issued to them, and I have had to restrict their access to this site to try to better get their attention about this matter.

Interestingly, when an old well traveled thread is resurrected from the dead, I will get a rash of bounced emails, often from members who haven't been active here for years. In such cases, I will send them an email notice, just in case they do come back someday, but also then disable all functions in their account that will result in emails being issued to them that will just continue to generate bounce backs to me. That includes all subscriptions to any threads they have activated via their participation or purposely set, as well as any email notices of any kind. If they do come back in the future, these are all things that can be re-established as needed by their request.

Old 01-26-2020, 04:21 PM   #5
highdurations
So how do I change my email apparently this email is giving me shit other places and explains why I don’t receive notifications so can you send a link over so I can fix the problem and you can rest easy

Old 01-26-2020, 04:52 PM   #6
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by highdurations View Post
So how do I change my email apparently this email is giving me shit other places and explains why I don’t receive notifications so can you send a link over so I can fix the problem and you can rest easy
Yes, I just got a notification of a bounced email where you tried to reset your password. Apparently your email account with gmail is over quota. So until that is resolved you cannot reset your password.

If you have access to your account, you can change your email address via this link -> http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...o=editpassword

Please note that you can access this function via your User CP menu. That can be found on the left side of the green menu bar close to the top of the page.

When you change your email, a verification email will be sent to that account to verify that it is legitimate. I strongly advise you to whitelist the email for this site (webmaster@faunaclassifieds.com), because if emails from here get blocked by your email processor, you are pretty much out of luck. Some people do find the correspondence in a "junk" or "spam" folder, but apparently spam (correctly identified or not) is handled in various ways by gmail and other email processors. Nothing I can do about that, so it is up to the individual users to try to make sure that this site isn't being filtered out of their email stream.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!