Reporting false registrations - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 12-26-2012, 07:32 PM   #1
WebSlave
Warning! Reporting false registrations

As many of you know, a real full name being provided in the profile member field is a requirement of registering and participating on this site. The reason behind this is to try to weed out the scammers that abound in this business, and one of the best ways to keep them at bay is by removing as many rocks that they can hide under as possible. They will very commonly use false names and/or locations, so the best way, in my opinion, to limit their damage is by requiring such info to be plainly displayed in their profile on this site. The idea is to KNOW who you are dealing with. And also to know when they are NOT who they claim to be. That can only happen if you have something to compare with, and that's where those profile fields come into play.

With that in mind, please consider anyone contacting you through this site using a name the differs from what is stated here, and/or a location that also does not match, as being a big red flag on the field concerning doing business with them. Yeah, I'm sure they will come up with all kinds of excuses about the discrepancy that will sound reasonable and logical, but the fact of the matter is, you already have them caught in a proven lie. I would hope that would mean something significant to you. If not, well, if you happen to come to the BOI claiming to be scammed and the facts relate that you ignored the common sense being described here, seriously, don't expect much sympathy from the readers of your woes.

Also note that someone knowingly using false information in their profile is subject to being banned from this site. So if you do come in contact with someone who gives you contact info that differs from their profile info, please report this to the moderators. This person might be contacting other members as well, and maybe one of them just might not be as wary as you and wind up getting burned as a result. We REALLY do not want that to happen to anyone.

We certainly cannot guarantee safe passage here with all of your transactions, but we are trying to do our very best with the rules implemented here to make it as hard as possible for scammers to snag you. Please do your part by being aware of the rules of this site, question why someone would knowingly violate them, and then try to help us all out by reporting such violations so we can try to deal with it.

Losing out on a bargain that seems incredible will not hurt you nearly as much as getting caught up in a bum's rush scam where you lose your money or animals. So don't let a scammer rush you into the trap he has set. They ARE out there dangling the bait, regardless of how hard we try to keep them out of here.

Old 12-27-2012, 01:38 AM   #2
TheVipersHouse
this person sent me a messsage but i cant reply and i remember reading somehwere about it being a not fully registered person so you might want to check em out . it says under their name" Guest "

sexyboa

Old 12-27-2012, 12:55 PM   #3
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVipersHouse View Post
this person sent me a messsage but i cant reply and i remember reading somehwere about it being a not fully registered person so you might want to check em out . it says under their name" Guest "

sexyboa
Yeah, there was an oversight in the permissions group that allowed people who were not accepted in registration to send private messages. I have now closed that hole.

BTW, you will need to remove this statement from your signature -> Fauna Good Guy #222. Since your paid membership on this site has lapsed, you no longer qualify to participate in that program.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!