Odd boa behavior - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-06-2004, 09:29 PM   #1
SPJ
Odd boa behavior

Been doing this since he arrived and is slow to turn over when placed on his back. He's been seperated in QT from the rest of my animals since arriving but this behavior worries me. Plus he stays right out in the open. Makes no attempt to burrow or use the hides.

Old 09-06-2004, 09:38 PM   #2
hill4803
IBD???

It sounds / looks like symptoms of IBD. That would be bad...real bad. I would get him as far from your collection as physically possible & to a vet. There isn't anything that could be done for the boa if it has IBD, but it is best to have a pro diagnose it. I hope it is just a strange little boa but I would be extremly cautious. Best of luck!

Old 09-06-2004, 09:43 PM   #3
SPJ
I suspected IBD based upon his behavior but none of the vets around here know anything about it so they cannot even give me advice. Right now it is in a seperate room AWAY from ALL of my other animals as a precaution.

Old 09-06-2004, 09:55 PM   #4
hill4803
If you are near a university

with a vet school, call them up and see if they could take a look at it. IBD scares that poop out of me...it could quickly run through an entire collection before you even know what is going on! I would probably get rid of any equipment that has been in contact with him that you can't sterilize with bleach. Did you just buy him? If you haven't already, you should contact the seller to let them know.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!