Pumpkin Patch - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Flora > Flora General Discussions

Notices

Flora General Discussions This will cover anything and everything you all wish to discuss about plants.

Old 07-21-2009, 11:15 AM   #1
Dennis Hultman
Pumpkin Patch

My first year trying to grow pumpkins. Not bad. I have about three hundred pumpkins going so far.

Old 07-21-2009, 01:58 PM   #2
Dennis Hultman

Old 07-21-2009, 02:18 PM   #3
Refused Autopsy
WOW!!! You are good!!!

Old 07-21-2009, 03:07 PM   #4
Dennis Hultman
Thanks. It really is a test run this year growing my own stuff. I have tomato, squash (yellow, zucchini) cucumbers, cantaloupe and watermelon. I plan on donating the pumpkins to my children classrooms and schools.

I really want them to learn and to be able to grow their own food.

My daughter started a couple dozen tomato plants as well.

Still green but looking good.

Old 07-21-2009, 03:32 PM   #5
Refused Autopsy
Thumbs up

Too cool!! I did a garden with my kids classes on their school grounds a few year ago. The kids loved it and I think the teacher did as well..ha!! She got an hour to herself on Wednesdays....ha!! The feed stores even donated supplies when I told them I would submit pics with the donors listed to the local paper.

Kids love to be able to do things "themselves"....

You have a gift, that is obvious. Great way to share it!!!!

Old 07-22-2009, 02:13 AM   #6
Dennis Hultman
Thanks again and yeah it's great for the kids.

Old 06-05-2012, 08:35 PM   #7
Dennis Hultman
I got over three hundred pumpkins last year in the same space. This year I'm doing Armenian Cucumbers in that spot. Don't have any pictures yet but they are flowering. Anybody try them here? I'm expecting a whole bunch and they get so huge. I should be able to feed a small city.

Old 06-06-2012, 10:24 AM   #8
snowgyre
You know, if you're sick of pumpkins you can harvest the flowers, bread them, and deep fry them as a really tasty fritter. That's my favorite treat! I generally use tigerlilies because I don't have pumpkins.

And dang, my first thought about your picture was if you have any part of your backyard that's not covered in pumpkins! Maybe the photo is misleading, but it doesn't seem like you have a whole lot of space there?

Old 06-06-2012, 11:31 AM   #9
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgyre View Post
You know, if you're sick of pumpkins you can harvest the flowers, bread them, and deep fry them as a really tasty fritter. That's my favorite treat! I generally use tigerlilies because I don't have pumpkins.

And dang, my first thought about your picture was if you have any part of your backyard that's not covered in pumpkins! Maybe the photo is misleading, but it doesn't seem like you have a whole lot of space there?
Hmm, actually I have some acreage this area is not my backyard and is pretty big. Oh I see, the one post in the corner in the first post is all that is showing. Each post that has "Last edited by Logician" was lost or removed when the site did a backup. I think it was during a server change. Anyway, there was many pictures in this thread. The two in the first post was the very back corner of the area. It is a side lot we purchased next to us and its about .75 of an acre in this area.

I'm doing pumpkins this year as well just not as many and in another location. Also, squash, many varieties of tomatoes, blackberries, blueberries, strawberries carrots and other varieties of cucumbers.

Also, Avocados, peaches, oranges, tangerines, persimmons, plumes pomegranate, lemons, limes, and passion fruit to harvest at different times in the next five months.

Old 06-06-2012, 11:34 AM   #10
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgyre View Post
Yeah, I harvested the flowers before and also squash blossoms.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!