Mazuri.com Great Service - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-30-2005, 12:56 AM   #1
Glenn Bartley
Mazuri.com Great Service

I am hopeful there is not another thread on these guys since the search feature has not been working for me. Well anyway:

I placed an order with Mazuri.com about a week and a half or two weeks ago for some Tortoise Pellets and, for some Rat & Mouse Pellets. If I recall corrctly the order went in on a friday night. They shipped on Saturday. WOW!

The order arrived with all items in two individual boxes on the same day about 4 or 5 days later (including the weekend). That was great.

As for the products the rodents love the Rodent pellets and, the tortoises love the Tortoise Pellets. I tried feeding my Herman's Torts other pelletized foods with no to very little luck. They devour the Mazuri stuff along with their other food items or by itself.

I am saving a lot of money now as compared to how I bought the Rodent Pellets before. I was buying another brand in two pound bags. The Mazuri stuff came in a 25 pound bag, even with shipping it is about half the cost of the stuff in the smaller bags.

They did fine by me and saving money is also a good thing.

Old 01-30-2005, 11:30 AM   #2
snakegetters
Mazuri also sells a powdered product that is designed for carnivorous reptiles. It reconstitutes as a gel with hot water, and with cold water it is an effectuve nutritional slurry for assist feeding. I recommend it highly and have used it for years on venomous snake patients with great success.

Old 01-30-2005, 12:33 PM   #3
Jan Orcutt
Thumbs up

I have bought the Water Turtle and Tortoise diets in 25 lb. bags several times. They give very good service and the prices are so much less than what you see in the pet stores for small containers of food.

Jan

Old 01-30-2005, 12:37 PM   #4
Rockford
Agree

I just switched to rat and Mouse pellets. $13 a 25lb. bag. And the Rats and mice are digging in it. It will significantly lower my feeding costs.

Bthacker

Old 01-30-2005, 12:58 PM   #5
dself40
I use the rodent chow also but I order it through a local feed shop and I get 50 pound bags for like 17 bucks a bag when I order 20 or more bags.My rats and mice are producing like crazy with this stuff and they dont waste it.So if ya'll have any local feed shops that are Purina dealers see if they can order it for you might save some moneys.Although it does take my feed shop two weeks to get it it saves me alot of money.They rodent chow is awesome in my book and they have lots of info out there to help you know whats in there food as well.

Old 01-31-2005, 01:32 PM   #6
paulweaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Bartley
I am saving a lot of money now as compared to how I bought the Rodent Pellets before. I was buying another brand in two pound bags. The Mazuri stuff came in a 25 pound bag, even with shipping it is about half the cost of the stuff in the smaller bags.
How were you able to get a 25-lb bag that was so much cheaper? I went to their website, and the 25-lb bag is just $13, but with shipping to the east coast the total cost was almost $30...

Old 01-31-2005, 05:42 PM   #7
Glenn Bartley
Let's see, my math is not the greatest but I got the 25 pound bag shipped to me for about $29. That works out to about $1.16 per pound. I usually get a 2 pound bag of Rodent Pellets either L&M or Kaytee for about $3.99 or virtually $2.00 per pound. While not exactly half, that is about half price of what I usually have been paying on average. I can someimes get a 2 pound bag for as little as $3.49 and other times for as high as about $5.00.

Old 01-31-2005, 06:08 PM   #8
Rockford
I get mine from a local feed store for $13 a bag. You have to go pick it up but they pay shipping. Some folks may not be geographically located near one but I think even if you pay shipping it's worth it.

Take care-

Bthacker

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!