For Sale Chironius carinatus and exoletus - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Other Snakes

Notices

Old 08-28-2019, 10:55 AM   #1
thamnophis123
Chironius carinatus and exoletus

I have a single unsexed Chironius exoletus and a group of 3 unsexed Chironius carinatus available. The carinatus group produces eggs regularly but I have no frogs to feed the hatchlings - and it appears this is all they take initially - live frogs. A steady diet of small cuban tree frogs killed an entire clutch, so thats not an option.

They have been in my care for about a year now and are doing well on a diet of thawed tilapia dusted lightly with Repti-Cal vitamins and Repti-Cal calcium and D3 powder.

They are very alert, active snakes that bite freely, often aiming directly at your eyes when they strike. They have settled down quite a lot as captives and appear to be very intelligent snakes. These are NOT snakes you keep in plastic boxes.

The green exoletus is $150 shipped. The entire group of carinatus is $300 shipped.

Photos are of actual animals and some of the babies I have hatched.
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 08-28-2019, 11:04 AM   #2
thamnophis123
More pics

I wanted to show a photo of one of the babies. These may have been the first cbb C. carinatus born in captivity. Breeding was observed on many occasions with this group.

They will take full advantage of a good viv with proper gradients of light, humidity, security and temperature. I would plan to provide quality UV light - not the curly bulbs or Chinese junk - good UV tubes from Arcadia, especially given the less than whole food items.

These guys have all been treated with Fenbendazole, but they did eat some live frogs this summer, so they need to have fecals done and treated if needed.
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 12-15-2019, 11:35 AM   #3
Aaronherron
Did you already sell the Carinatus?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!