Jeff Ashley (Jeff & Angie) ~~ (VENTING-UNPROFESSIONAL-BEWARE) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-07-2007, 08:29 PM   #1
ExoticPetsWS
Jeff Ashley (Jeff & Angie) ~~ (VENTING-UNPROFESSIONAL-BEWARE)

*THIS IS NOT A GOOD GUY OR A BAD GUY POST BUT A BUYER BEWARE POST*

I responded to an ad they had posted on Kingsnake.com on Sunday.

The ad reads:
Hello Fellow Herpers,
We have 1.1 adult pueblans milks for sale. They were not cooled last year, therefore we did not breed them this year. This female is the largest (in girth) we have ever seen, although she is healthy. She feeds weekly on F/T adult mice. She is 5 years old and has a great attitude, she is super calm. She should produce some nice clutches.
The male is 4 years old and is has the classic looking pueblan pattern. He also feeds weekly on F/T adult mice.
In the pics the female is the first pic, male is second. We are asking $145 Shipped, this is $45.00 per snake. We are authorized Fed-Ex reptile shippers overnight to your door. Not responsible for carrier errors. We accept Paypl as our only form of payment. Feel free to e-mail any questions you may have. Thank you for your interest in our snakes. Jeff & Angie

They responded promptly with this:

Hello Rose,
We have just had an inquiry about these milks, at this time they are still available, however it is first come first served...Whomever we receive paypal from first gets the snakes. You may paypal to jashaman40@aol.com, after we receive the payment we will ship for next day A.M delivery. Thank you for your interest in our snakes. Jeff & Angie

I paypaled the money ($145) and sent them another email stating such.

I received an email stating they had not received the payment.
Hello Rose,

We got your e-mail, however we did NOT receive any money via paypal for the milksnakes. We have a 10 lot of albino cornsnakes left, the total price for the 10 lot and 1.1 pueblans is $260.00 Shipped. As we stated before we have NOT received any money from you via paypal....You can paypal us at jashman40@aol.com. Thank you, Jeff & Angie

I checked paypal and the payment said sent. I forwarded the email from paypal to them and said "Check again".

They emailed me again and said they accidentally gave me the wrong email address.

I fixed the paypal email address problem and resent the payment.

I received an email stating they received the payment and would ship on Monday for Tuesday morning delivery.

On Monday I received this email:
Hello,
We shipped the snakes today for Tuesday a.m. delivery, someone will need to be there to sign for the snakes. Here is the Fed-Ex tracking # 8625 4602 3923
We would appreciate it if you e-mail us to let us know they arrived. We thank you for your business. Jeff & Angie

There were a few other emails concerning signature not required or required. I said no need, as there is always a body here for deliveries. Anyway they wanted it and it was fine with me, whatever.

Ok, so what happened?
The box was not delivered at 10:30, so I tracked it and it said it was at the local FedEx station and did not make the truck. I sent a driver to pick up the box so the animals would not be sitting around burning up or whatever.

I emailed them and said this:
I think I’m entitled to a refund of the $55 shipping since they have not arrived by 10:30am.

I am aware of how FedEx applies the refunds since I ship with them as well. So please, once you receive the refund add it back to my paypal account.

Thanks again!
Rose

No response....

I emailed again shortly there after:
We will be picking up the box at FedEx in PSL since it did not make the truck in time for delivery. Please let me know about the shipping fees.

Still no response....then I receive this email from them at 6:42pm:
Hello Rose,
This is in response to your request for shipping fees to be refunded. First of all, we never stated a specific time for the snakes to arrive other than A.M. delivery. Secondly, it is clearly specified in our ad on kingsnake.com that we are NOT responsible for carrier errors. The amount we paid to ship those snakes was $60.50
which is more than you paid us to ship them. Add to that paypal's fee, so as you can see the amount of money we made on the sale of these snakes was quite minimal. This should go without saying, but we will not be refunding any money to you. We have marked your account in such a manner as to never do any business with you again. We have plenty of extremely satisfied customers in our databank and therefore do not need your business in the future. Thank You! Jeff & Angie

My response:
And how did it get to this?

They were guaranteed by 10:30 am. You can check with FedEx. The ad stated $45 per snake and the rest was for shipping.

So now you want to get nasty because I asked for the refund that is going to you for a box that did not arrive on time. Mark my account as such….No invoice, unprofessional packaging. Whatever! It took you all day to respond. When you knew you could be getting money you were eager to respond. Now that you have my money there is no need to answer questions. Great business practices.

Maybe you did not read my emails but I never said I was dissatisfied and I was NOT nasty to you. I have your ad and it says what it says. Not responsible for carrier errors, that’s if they arrive DOA. They weren’t because we picked them up. The box was hot but the snakes were ok. Also it states $45 per snake. Go figure… As an authorized FedEx shipper, I am surprised they allowed you to send a test package like the box you sent me. Also, I’m sure you receive a discount for the volume (if you actually have a business) of shipping you do. So, I doubt you actually paid that much for shipping. Maybe the rate before the discount was applied but not after.

What a waist of 10 minutes! I’m glad to NOT be a FUTURE customer. Take this as a lessoned learned. Don’t do business with smart people.

Have a nice day!
Rose

They responded:
Yes it took us all day to respond, as we have a full time jobs Monday-Friday. We responded so promptly on Sunday because we were home. Our packaging was sufficient according to industry standards. No invoice enclosed because we are NOT a business, we do this as a hobby. We are simply saying what was stated on kingsnake.com, that we are NOT responsible for carrier errors, which is what apparently happened. WE never stated that they would arrive by 10:30 a.m. seems like your hostility should be directed at Fed-Ex and not us. At any rate, you can rest assured this will be our last correspondence with you.

My response:
YEAH!

Maybe they had a bad day at work. I don't know but that's not how you handle a problem when one arises. The snakes were as described. They were hot and drank a lot upon arrival, but no big deal. The attitude is what I have a problem with.

BUYER BEWARE ~~~

Old 08-07-2007, 09:33 PM   #2
Gecko_Den
When you sign the waiver to ship reptiles via FedEx you also agree to waive any claim against FedEx relating to reptile shipments.
Section 9 of the waiver of liability states:

Customer shall be entitled to file claims pursuant to the Money Back Guarantee Policy of the FedEx service guide. In the event that customer is entitled to file claims pursuant to the Money Back Guarantee Policy, Customer acknowledges and agrees to (i) FedEx shall have no responsibility or liability for delay due to the inability to complete delivery for any reason, and (ii) Customer shall not be entitled to a Money Back Guarantee claim for such shipments.

In a nutshell, they can file a claim with FedEx and be entitled under normal circumstances to get refunded for it not arriving on time, but in the case of reptile shipments they will not get a refund from FedEx. Since you make it a point to mention that you ship via FedEx you should already be aware of this.

My personal opinion on this, you were out of line to demand a refund of shipping, and came off a bit snotty in your e-mail; I don't blame them for not wanting to do business with you.

P.S. you need to post your full name on the BOI; since you have been a member since 2003 you should also know that as well.

Old 08-07-2007, 09:50 PM   #3
Serafim
I agree with Sam. I think asking for a full refund right off the bat was a bit much.

Old 08-07-2007, 09:51 PM   #4
ExoticPetsWS
And each time a shipment is not delivered on time I GET A REFUND. I also apply the refund to the next invoice of my customer.

Is that to much to ask? I never demanded, I asked.

Yeah, I don't know what happened to my signature line!

Rose Campellone
Exotic Pets Wholesale

Old 08-07-2007, 09:55 PM   #5
Gecko_Den
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExoticPetsWS
And each time a shipment is not delivered on time I GET A REFUND. I also apply the refund to the next invoice of my customer.

Is that to much to ask? I never demanded, I asked.

Yeah, I don't know what happened to my signature line!

Rose Campellone
Exotic Pets Wholesale
FedEx must really like you then, as each time I have a REPTILE shipment not arrive on time, I get referenced to section 9 of my waiver of liability, if i request a refund.

Regardless, the delay was not their fault, it was clearly FedEx, perhaps if you had addressed the issue with them and asked that they consider refunding shipping, IF they got a refund, rather than demanding the shipping cost back, then they may have been open to work something out with you.

Old 08-07-2007, 09:58 PM   #6
ExoticPetsWS
I guess the volume I do speaks for it's self.

Again, I never demanded anything. I asked.

Rose Campellone
Exotic Pets Wholesale

Old 08-07-2007, 10:01 PM   #7
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
came off a bit snotty in your e-mail; I don't blame them for not wanting to do business with you.

I will second that.

Quote:
There were a few other emails concerning signature not required or required. I said no need, as there is always a body here for deliveries. Anyway they wanted it and it was fine with me, whatever.

Ok, so what happened?
The box was not delivered at 10:30, so I tracked it and it said it was at the local FedEx station and did not make the truck. I sent a driver to pick up the box so the animals would not be sitting around burning up or whatever.

I think I’m entitled to a refund of the $55 shipping since they have not arrived by 10:30am.

I am aware of how FedEx applies the refunds since I ship with them as well. So please, once you receive the refund add it back to my paypal account.

Thanks again!
Rose
Quote:

Thanks again!
Rose

No response....

I emailed again shortly there after:
We will be picking up the box at FedEx in PSL since it did not make the truck in time for delivery. Please let me know about the shipping fees.

How long before the second email you sent?

I purchased some BRB's from a Fauna Member a couple of years ago. The delivery service sent them to the wrong city. The seller spent time tracking them down for me and worked with my wife to make sure they arrived safe and sound the next day. I was glad they were alive and grateful for the assistance and professionalism of the seller. Several months later the seller contacted me to issue a credit for a refund he had received. I refused it.

I would have never dreamed of sending a email to the seller like you did.
You haven't even picked them up yet to make sure they arrived in good shape.
"I'm entitled" came off pretty obnoxious to me.

Old 08-07-2007, 10:04 PM   #8
Gecko_Den
Perhaps "demanding a refund" was a bit too strong on my part; however your statement:

"I am aware of how FedEx applies the refunds since I ship with them as well. So please, once you receive the refund add it back to my paypal account."

Assumes quite a bit and looks to me as if you had already decided that they were going to try and say that FedEx wasn't going to refund them. As I said before I am only giving my opinion and in my opinion you set the tone, for further discussion regarding a refund for shipping, at a less than cordial level.

Old 08-07-2007, 10:15 PM   #9
ExoticPetsWS
I assume that when a package does not arrive on time and you call for a refund and receive that refund, it should be passed along to the purchaser. Not kept as a thank you gift.

I don't think my email was in anyway demanding, but yet thanking them still for the animals.

FedEx guarantees delivery by a certain time and pays when the package is not delivered by that time. If you don't receive a refund I would speak to your account rep and find out why. They do not guarantee live arrival and will not refund based on DOA's.

BTW, since my paid subscription is expired so did my signature line. I was not aware of that and yes, posted without my name and received a warning for such.

Rose Campellone
Exotic Pets Wholesale

Old 08-07-2007, 10:21 PM   #10
Gecko_Den
Quote:
Hello Fellow Herpers,
We have 1.1 adult pueblans milks for sale. They were not cooled last year, therefore we did not breed them this year. This female is the largest (in girth) we have ever seen, although she is healthy. She feeds weekly on F/T adult mice. She is 5 years old and has a great attitude, she is super calm. She should produce some nice clutches.
The male is 4 years old and is has the classic looking pueblan pattern. He also feeds weekly on F/T adult mice.
In the pics the female is the first pic, male is second. We are asking $145 Shipped, this is $45.00 per snake. We are authorized Fed-Ex reptile shippers overnight to your door. Not responsible for carrier errors. We accept Paypl as our only form of payment. Feel free to e-mail any questions you may have. Thank you for your interest in our snakes. Jeff & Angie

Quote:
[color=Navy]My response:

I have your ad and it says what it says. Not responsible for carrier errors, that’s if they arrive DOA.
Where in THEIR ad, that you posted, does it say that "not responsible for carrier errors" only applies to a DOA? Seems you made yet another ASSumption and are trying to pass it of as fact.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!