PRECISION CAGES - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-12-2002, 05:51 PM   #1
Ichabette
This guy rules.  We were replacing all our cages when we moved to Colorado about 5 months ago and the owner of this company set up the delivery so quick and handled things so well that a move in the snow with bunches of snakes ended up going ok.  HE MUST STOCK HIS CAGES because HE DELIVERS VERY PROMPTLY.  He returns calls.  He will return multiple calls daily until the order is all set up.  He even returns calls once you get the product.  Some of our cages got delayed a day and HE TRACKED THEM DOWN.  We had some sort of problem with a hinge and he helped us on the phone right away.  I think the animals only spent one night on the bathroom floor by the heater in tupperware.  THANK YOU for doing what other companies weren't willng to do, and arrange what we needed.

We have a whole wall of your cages and they look great.

I'm wondering, is there any way to customize the larger ones to have a separator that slides between the doors to clean the cage?

Old 05-12-2002, 06:04 PM   #2
xpensivegecko
Precision Cages actually did come thru for us in a big way.  A hinge broke during shipping and they actually overnited me another hinge and instructions on how to fix the problem.  Even offered to send another cage in its place if i wanted to.  I opted to go with just the hinge cause i couldnt believe that this guy was so customer oriented.  Killer Cages, Killer Pricing, KILLER CUSTOMER SERVICE

Old 05-12-2002, 06:08 PM   #3
HerpVenue
I might disagree with you guys in other threads.
But I can't help but agree with you on this one.
Lovell Romans is a great guy.
Cages are great too.

Old 05-12-2002, 11:15 PM   #4
Coal
I am getting my first Precision cage this week I hope!
Did anybody ever have a problem about an animal getting burnt from the inside light?  What kind of bulbs do you use?
I hope everything goes great!
Thanks, Nicole Gustafson

Old 05-12-2002, 11:24 PM   #5
HerpVenue
Hi...I was using a 25 watt.
But I now just use one of those human body heater things from wal mart.
Soon I am gonna buy an offical reptile heater thing from Big apple.

Old 05-12-2002, 11:31 PM   #6
xpensivegecko
Yes i actually had a problem where an albino burm wrapped himself around the lite, shattered it, and had some pretty bad burns.  They have since completely healed, but i still felt like crap for weeks about it.  What i did was simply take out the fixture thats already in there and i put in corner flourescents.  I use flexwatt on the bottom of the cages on dimmers for the main heat source on 4 of my 2ft cages and Pro Products Radient Head Panels on 3 of my 4 ft cages.  I also have 2 arboreal cages where the heat light seems to be fine and the snakes dont go up close to it.  An easy way to be sure, and I'm doig this in the next few days, is to put a wire mesh around the light so that the snake cant get too close to it.  I believe you can order the cages now from Lovell without the fixtures in it and I believe thats he's also offering pre-installed flourescents.  Other than that initial learning curve, i couldnt be happier with the cages.  They're very strong and at the same time extremely light, and it was a stupid mistake on my part to just assume the snake wouldnt go near the light fixture.  For the price they r sooo worth it.  

Would be nice if they came in black though lol (jk).

Old 05-13-2002, 12:21 AM   #7
Coal
Thanks for the advice guys!  Happy Herping!

Nicole Gustafson

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!