Info Em Wright - Quick to make a deal, but never followed through? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-08-2012, 05:26 PM   #1
AggielandReptiles
Exclamation Em Wright - Quick to make a deal, but never followed through?

Ok, so I hate to have to post this, but I really am hoping to get some resolution from this issue. Has anyone done business before with "Em Wright", AKA Em Herrera/Icy Serpents/Crimson Ice? I recently agreed to a deal on a proven male butter stripe corn snake. Here is the link to the ad, but as you can see its been taken down?

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...6&goto=newpost

Just type "1.0 male proven butter stripe corn Em Wright icy serpent" into google and you'll find the information.

She was asking $175 shipped, I offered $125 shipped and she agreed. We agreed for shipping to be Monday, for Tuesday (today) delivery. I attempted to get in contact with her multiple times since our original agreement, but have been unable via email. I tried to PM her on Fauna and it says she isn't able to receive messages.

No, I haven't notified her of this thread, because I can't get ahold of her.

All I want is either my snake or my money back, I know that things can come up, but the lack of communication is becoming concerning.

Here is our email string:

Em Herrera icy.serpent@gmail.com

To: Nathan Shotts

Will do! Thanks!

On Sun, May 6, 2012 at 4:02 AM, Nathan Shotts <stingray113@hotmail.com> wrote:

I'll be sure to send pics. If you don't mind, I'd really appreciate it if you could shoot me an email when you ship on Monday with a tracking number. Thanks again!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Sun, 6 May 2012 04:00:44 -0400

Subject: Re: Butter Stripe
To: stingray113@hotmail.com

I don't doubt it, he has a wonderful stripe, it goes almost all the way down with no breaks. He's stunning, you won't be disappointed!

On Sun, May 6, 2012 at 3:58 AM, Nathan Shotts <stingray113@hotmail.com> wrote:

Awesome! Just sent the money via Paypal. Please ship on Monday to:

Nathan Shotts
1001 Krenek Tap #2602
College Station, TX 77840

Thanks SOOO much! I'll be making some rockin' butter motley/stripes this year now! :-)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Sun, 6 May 2012 03:48:03 -0400
Subject: Re: Butter Stripe
To: stingray113@hotmail.com

Okay

My Paypal is Crimson_Ice44@hotmail.com

Please include an address either here in email or when sending payment so I can get the label done. I can ship as early as Monday for a Tuesday delivery.

Em.

On Sun, May 6, 2012 at 3:44 AM, Nathan Shotts <stingray113@hotmail.com> wrote:

I'm interested in your butter stripe male if he is still available. I'll do $125 shipped, very serious, can pay instantly through Paypal. Thanks!

Nathan Shotts

--
Em Wright of
Crimson Ice Reptiles
http://crimsonicereptiles.weebly.com

And my subsequent attempts to contact her:

Sent: Tue 5/08/12 10:27 AM
To: icy.serpent@gmail.com

I'm a little concerned that I haven't heard from you yet. Have you shipped the snake? He should have been delivered by now. I can tell from fauna that you've been on since our last emails, so I assume you have been getting them. Please let me know ASAP what is going on.

Thanks.
Nathan.

To icy.serpent@gmail.com

Hey Em, Did you get the male butter stripe shipped ok?? Please send me an email with his tracking number as soon as you get the chance. Thanks, Nathan

To icy.serpent@gmail.com
Sent: Mon 5/07/12 8:53 AM
To: icy.serpent@gmail.com

Everything still good to ship today?

Sorry the emails are a little rough - they didn't copy well from Hotmail. Anyway, I don't want to stir up any trouble through this post - all I really want to accomplish is to re-establish communication and to resolve this issue. Any help from you guys would be awesome! Thanks!

Old 05-08-2012, 06:56 PM   #2
Amelanistic Orca
Hmm. I thought she was God's Gift to Cornsnakes.... OR, was that what she thought?

Old 05-08-2012, 07:10 PM   #3
TheFragginDragon
Screenshot of the ad:
Attached Images

Old 05-08-2012, 07:30 PM   #4
AggielandReptiles
So.... I just called FedEx and they said they did have a package for my address but they won't let me pick it up until the morning, and for some reason didn't deliver it?

Maybe this is simply a case of a lack of communication on her part - I still haven't heard a word. If this is the snake in question, and everything is ok, then I have no problems with Em whatsoever. Just was really hoping for more thorough communication in this process, as well as a tracking number so I wasn't left to wonder.

Thanks for finding that screenshot! I'd been looking all over for that ad, and could never find it again.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:44 AM   #5
AggielandReptiles
Ok, the package at FedEx was NOT the snake in question, and still no word back from Em. Any help from you guys in contacting her and bringing her into this discussion would be GREATLY appreciated!

I really want my snake... but if not she needs to just refund my money.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:49 AM   #6
AggielandReptiles
Most recent email attempt:

Sent: Wed 5/09/12 8:48 AM
To: icy.serpent@gmail.com; crimson_ice44@hotmail.com
Hey Em,

I'm really starting to wonder what's going on. You were supposed to ship the proven male butter stripe on Monday 05/07, for a Tuesday delivery like we agreed. However, I haven't heard anything from you, and no snake has been shipped! We really need to address this issue. I've started a BOI on Fauna in order to help get this resolved. I really want this snake, but if you have no intention of shipping him, at least give me my money back. Email me asap so we can work this out.

Thanks,
Nathan

Old 05-09-2012, 01:25 PM   #7
SMCAPATRICK@COMCAST.NET
So let me get this right.... you posted in the BOI the SAME DAY you were supposed to receive the animal? The one thing you said correct was that lack of communication can be a little discerning... BUT, another thing worse is going off half cocked posting in the BOI when you havent even given due diligence to speak with her before posting. If you dont recieve the animal soon, or you dont speak with her soon, then follow through in the BOI. Slow your roll and take a moment to reflect on the proper method to conduct yourself in a public forum. Like you said, things happen, she may have a perfectly valid reason for being out of touch.
Seth

Old 05-09-2012, 01:46 PM   #8
bloodybaroness
Slow your roll Seth. This is an INFO THREAD! Serving the purpose of an INFO THREAD!

Nathan is 100% in the right.

Old 05-09-2012, 02:10 PM   #9
AggielandReptiles
Yes Seth, you're correct. After 3 days of trying to unsuccessfully reach her, on the day I was supposed to receive shipping (after giving every chance for the package to be delivered - with never receiving any shipping information, tracking number, or any communication for that manner), I posted on the BOI. Sorry if this offends you, but this is simply an information thread meant to establish communication as phone calls, emails, PMs, etc have all failed. If you would like to help resolve this issue and can find a way to contact Em Wright, it would not only greatly serve the purpose of the BOI but I would appreciate it as well!

Thanks.

Old 05-09-2012, 03:55 PM   #10
SMCAPATRICK@COMCAST.NET
Informational or not, I can still be damaging to her reputation. I have no knowledge of her past or present, but was merely stating you seem to be jumping the gun. If you get no response or resolvein the near future, I will be more than happy to jump on the bandwagon.

Seth

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!