Would you be able to spot one if it popped out mysteriously? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-30-2013, 11:26 PM   #11
Amelanistic Orca
I put him to my faithful Jungle Pastel female too... (All my females are beasts!)
Attached Images

Old 11-30-2013, 11:38 PM   #12
Amelanistic Orca
I lost a lot of lock pics in a phone breakage a bit back too. He went to a Possible DH Pied Caramel, a giant Mojave, a YB... And I think that was it. I have orders for the new owners to keep in touch as well? Not hopeful on that, but would be nice.

Who knows... Sure was fun and interesting, I have corrected my rollout problem for the next maternal inc'd clutch. I won't give up on that! I promise! It's way to fun.

I didn't take pics of the other five littermates that died at my hands... BUT, if you could believe me. If you would... I swear they were out of this world! They blew away that second Spider female I posted that I killed on accident. And honestly, resembling some of these OD combos I keep seeing. Similar, but definitely not Orange Dreams.

I'm talking about somekind of Killerbee looking thing that was definitely not, but incredibly bright. Three of those, another SpiderBelly+, and an all white with cream stripe down its back and black eyes. I tried so hard to salvage the twisted umbilicus'. To say I was devasted is a massive understatement. Hence no pictures of them were taken at all!

I am in the process of talking myself out of my fifth burnout with reptiles. These losses, and some other issues have me contemplating. But, I can't quit. I'm 3/4 reptile anymore. Lol. Thanks for weighing in Vanessa, sure means a lot to a joker like me

Old 11-30-2013, 11:44 PM   #13
Amelanistic Orca
I found a gross and embarrassing pic to the Possible DH Pied Caramel. Here is the gross lock pic. Next is what she really looks like for fair measure. I apologize. I can only do one pic at a time off the iPhone.
Attached Images

Old 11-30-2013, 11:45 PM   #14
Amelanistic Orca
Here is that female in a different light... And in all fairness to her! She rivals my Fire's! Great Poss Het here.
Attached Images

Old 12-01-2013, 11:39 AM   #15
snowgyre
Hey, I know what it's like to lose animals due to issues during incubation! I lost four of five eggs in that first clutch with my Osmosis female, and the surviving male isn't thriving well enough to breed. I had great success with a Nature's Spirit incubator last year. I think maternal incubation is outside of my means up here in North Dakota. It's too hard to maintain adequate humidity and I tend to keep my rack on the low end of temps (84) for winter, otherwise the heating elements are always on and things get too hot.

Wow, that is a very pale female! She looks like she's glowing in that picture. The reduced female is pretty sweet too, I hope she lays a ton of eggs for you! I just started pairing two weeks ago, but most of my girls don't actually ovulate until February. I'm still hoping I can breed a 2013 Osmosis male back to mom this year... he's not producing sperm plugs yet, but I did put a shed of an adult male in his tub. Osmosis doesn't take until February, so he still has a couple of months to catch up.

I understand the burnout too. I started with leopard geckos but after six years I got burnt out with them and switched to ball pythons. I think the slower generation times of ball pythons and the reduced amount of necessary care has helped me keep my interest up with them. This is my fifth year with balls and so far I'm having a lot of fun. You could always switch species up too... sometimes learning the care of a new species rekindles the spark of interest!

Good luck with the breedings and keep us posted!

Old 12-01-2013, 02:45 PM   #16
Amelanistic Orca
I remember the Osmosis! That is super impressive stuff. So I got a scary idea. How bout I get you involved in this, if I can make it replicate. I'm very confident about that. Annnnd then. You get me in on the Osmosis when you can. That would awesome stuff! Whattaya say to that? :-) Haha!

Old 12-01-2013, 04:12 PM   #17
snowgyre
Thanks for the offer, Tom! Unfortunately I really don't have the space to start up another dinker project (I've actually got three in the works, but the Osmosis is the farthest along). Landlord recently expressed disdain for the number of snakes I have (I have 35 in two racks, 15 are yearlings), so I'm trying to have a no net-gain of animals right now. It really sucks... you would think at 32 years old and with a Ph.D. in wildlife biology that they'd be a little forgiving of my eccentricities, especially considering I'm *not* a bad tenant and the last time I checked, the snakes don't chew on furniture. I hate renting, I can't wait until I can afford my own place. My landlords are first-timers and they're the babysitting type, which I don't really appreciate as a non-college student. Sometimes I wish I could get a nightmare neighbor for them to gain an appreciation for good tenants *sigh*. Normally I would move, but with the oil boom in the western half of the state, it is IMPOSSIBLE to find a dog friendly unit for less than $1200 a month in Grand Forks. It seriously blows, big time.

Old 12-01-2013, 04:42 PM   #18
Amelanistic Orca
I completely understand. I will keep an eye out for the osmosis anyways :-)

Old 12-01-2013, 08:05 PM   #19
David Bellis
Fun stuff Tom, good luck! That SpiderBelly is smoking!

Old 12-01-2013, 08:18 PM   #20
Amelanistic Orca
Damn... I'm elated. Nothing should impress you dude! Haha! I strive to hit quality like you sir!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!