Impact of Advertising ??? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
 Sponsors »  Breeders | Dealers |  Importers/Exporters | Caging | Feed | Supplies | Services | Events 
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Product Reviews |  Classifieds!   | Photo Gallery   | Banner Advertising 

Do you want to be able to bump and highlight your classified ads? Click here!

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-18-2004, 12:39 AM   #1
RedQuake
Impact of Advertising ???

I've seen alot of the Geico commercials lately and it got me wondering...

First, is that a representation of a Day Gecko?

Second, it is a common occurance that animals brought to the forefront of attention through media tend to become the latest fad (ie. dogs in movies become very popular).

Does anyone think that the cute gecko on these commercials might increase sale of geckos?

Thanks for the input

Red

Old 07-18-2004, 08:56 PM   #2
progeckos
Yup, it looks kind of like a giant day gecko.

I think more geckos would be sold if they could talk, sing, and have their own car to park in the employee of the month spot. LOL. Now if it could do all that you bet I would get 1 or 2 maybe 3………

I can’t really tell you for sure if the gecko makes people want one but I can’t see why not. They make the gecko out so cute it might give people a different perspective on geckos or reptiles in general.

Old 07-19-2004, 07:28 AM   #3
RedQuake
OOPS LOL i was wondering where my post went....i didn't mean to post in the photo gallery........i'm way to tired!

I've seen increases in sales of animals that appeared in movies, they've even showed how people have gone nuts buying them on the news. Honestly i hope it doesn't happen with geckos. in my opinion theres already to many people who buy on impulse without researching the proper care first.

Oh well maybe it'll give people a positive view on geckos and other reptiles but lets hope people don't expect to buy a gecko that can drive HAHAHAHAHA

Red

Old 07-19-2004, 07:03 PM   #4
progeckos
Quote:
OOPS LOL i was wondering where my post went....i didn't mean to post in the photo gallery........i'm way to tired!
LOL. We all have our bad days.

Quote:
I've seen increases in sales of animals that appeared in movies, they've even showed how people have gone nuts buying them on the news. Honestly i hope it doesn't happen with geckos. in my opinion theres already to many people who buy on impulse without researching the proper care first.
This is very true. I think sometimes people get the wrong idea about the animals in a commercial. Take the Geico commercials. The gecko seems to be fun, easy etc. So someone gets one and they then realize it’s hard to take care of them. You know what though, there’s always going to be impulse buyers.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!