Leopard Gecko Identification - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-26-2014, 11:23 PM   #1
Ramla
Leopard Gecko Identification

Can anyone identify/confirm these?

Ramla
20 gram (4mo) female.

Sne- Mack snow albino with raptor
12 gram (4mo) female

Ponto
6 gram male (sick)

Old 10-26-2014, 11:24 PM   #2
Ramla
Sorry Ramla didn't load for some reason.

Old 10-26-2014, 11:25 PM   #3
Ramla
Ramla

Ponto

Old 10-27-2014, 03:36 PM   #4
Pasodama
Ramla - Normal
SNE - Albino Mack Snow
Ponto - Mack Snow (possibly Striped Mack Snow)

Old 10-27-2014, 07:52 PM   #5
Ramla
See I don't understand how you come to that. Ponto and Sne don't look alike but are similar genetics? Is morph based on color or pattern or what? I guess I'm just use to guppy genetics.

Old 10-29-2014, 01:20 PM   #6
Pasodama
SNE is homozygous Albino while Ponto is not.
Morphs are based on color, patterns, and traits (different genes for each). Plus, there are morphs that are selectively bred and go by different names.

Old 11-02-2014, 05:44 PM   #7
blackholebeauty
In all honesty, these are just guesses as to what they look like visually. Without knowing parents genetics, you can't say 100% what they are.

SNE is a tremper snow if you say it's with raptor, but definitely snow albino.
Ramla is probably a normal, I agree with Pasodama on that
Ponto is a stripe of some kind, probably snow, what happened to the rest of his/her tail?

Ponto, by the way, is super skinny.

Old 11-02-2014, 05:56 PM   #8
Ramla
I got Ponto from a crap breeder. His tail was missing when I got him, no idea what happened. He is currently being treated for internal parasites... Didn't seem to be doing any good. I also had to put him on a baby food, vitamin diet because he was refusing live food.

Old 11-02-2014, 05:59 PM   #9
blackholebeauty
=(

Did the vet say it was parasites?
Try Repti-boost or a gecko slurry (recipe below), it's a little better than baby food.

GOLDEN GATE GECKOS SLURRY:
This slurry was developed years ago when I was trying to rehabilitate sick geckos. It has helped save the lives of many geckos, and is being recommended and used by many veterinarians and Universities now. Keep in mind that this slurry IS NOT medicine, nor will it cure anything! It is designed to be used as nutrition for anorexic geckos that are off-food and being treated by a veterinarian for a diagnosed clinical disease or illness. Here is my recipe for the mixture:

In a blender, combine:

1 small can Hill's A/D pet food (available at most vets)
1 jar baby food squash
¼ cup Ensure (not chocolate)
¼ cup Pedialite
Contents of 2 capsules Milk Thistle (herbal supplement, liver purifier, found at most drug stores)
¼ tsp. each calcium powder and herp vitamin powder
3-5 X-large handfuls of mealworms, added slowly while mixture is blending
Puree all ingredients until completely smooth, adding mealworms until mixture is the consistency of milkshake. Pour into ice cube tray and freeze. Store frozen cubes in a zip-lock bag in the freezer until ready to use, then thaw out 1 cube at a time in the empty baby food jar at room temperature. Keep thawed slurry in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days, washing the jar and lid thoroughly after each batch.

Using this mixture, draw a full 1ml dropper (eye dropper type) for adults, and 1/2 dropper for juveniles, and place a drop on the gecko's nose, and avoid plugging the nostrils. Be patient and do not force-feed! The gecko will lick it off its nose, and as it does, slowly squeeze out a little at a time as the gecko licks it. Be careful not to let the gecko choke, allowing for time to swallow. Most geckos love this food, and will lap it up. Patience is a key factor!

* NEVER tell anyone you put mealworms in the blender!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!