Questions about starting a reptile store - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 08-20-2010, 12:24 PM   #1
Blazinmorphs
Lightbulb Questions about starting a reptile store

I have been thinking about starting a reptile store. There is no place around me that sells reptiles, feeders and supplies at a reasonable price, and the closest stores to get these items are not well cared for. I definately think there would be a market for a store that was clean, had reasonable prices, good quality animals and people working there who actually cared about what they are doing. I'm trying to figure out what kind of permits or licenses I would need to start a store like this. I have talked to the city and all I can get out of them is that I need a vendors license and can't sell turtles under 4" but I know there has to be more to it than that. I'm getting ready to write a business plan so that I can apply for grants and a loan, so any information I can get will be a great help. Any opions are also welcome, I just want to make sure that I'm well informed before I make the decision to pursue this.

Thanks, Scott

Old 09-05-2010, 04:29 PM   #2
urban_M86
uuu if you decide to move to provo utah im in

Old 09-05-2010, 05:15 PM   #3
BobOblak
http://www.dispatchpolitics.com/live...litics&sid=101

In light of the situation going on in your state right now, moving to Utah would could be a plan.

Old 09-05-2010, 05:24 PM   #4
Blazinmorphs
Yeah....I know some of the people in that article....I think it is all B.S. and it will be hard for them to do that

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!