Unopened bag of baby ball pythons - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-01-2018, 04:24 PM   #1
demonss
Unopened bag of baby ball pythons

https://youtu.be/qYtUhjSP8ak so me and my wife got an unopened bag from outback. Let me know what you think.

Old 05-01-2018, 05:26 PM   #2
Robert Walker
Here you go:

Old 05-01-2018, 05:33 PM   #3
ElliotNess
Unopened Bags = not opened yet by YOU.

They were however sorted through by:
African Collecting Crew
African Sorting Crew
African Selling Team
Exporter
Importer
Importers Employees

And that's if they weren't captive bred in Africa or the states cause I have heard of that as well...

Old 05-01-2018, 05:47 PM   #4
Lucille
Michael they are adorable, and I smiled when I heard the person who was with you address them with baby talk. I would have done the same
Whether it was any kind of good investment I don't know, but there is no doubt the grand opening of the bag was a happy experience.

Old 05-02-2018, 06:08 AM   #5
demonss
Thanks guys, Ness we both knew they were going to be picked thru, however alot of thought went into deciding to get them. We did it mostly for the experience, we aren't looking for the next big morph or anything like that. Lucille, that's my wife doing the commentary she is absolutely in love with every one of them.

Old 05-02-2018, 01:15 PM   #6
snowgyre
I know people think it's fun to get these bags, but here are some things to consider:

1. You are more likely to get healthy normals that are captive bred here in the United States.

2. These captive bred healthy normals produced here are actually more likely to have hidden genes (e.g. pied, ghost, clown, etc.) than anything that's imported due to big breeders mixing in low-value possible heterozygous animals or low quality codominant genes (e.g. fire, yellowbelly) into lots.

3. We already have a vast overproduction of normal ball pythons in the United States. Why import more?

4. Importation places a huge strain on hatchlings and many do not survive. I question the ethics of this practice.

I'm sure those are just a few of the thoughts that have many of us here having lackluster responses to your enthusiasm. This isn't meant to be a slight to you, so please don't take it that way. However, the marketing of these so-called "unopened" baby bags is predatory on new keepers and probably results in a few leaving the hobby before they've ever really begun due to bad experiences getting these imported babies to thrive.

Old 05-11-2018, 11:29 PM   #7
RustlewoodCaptiveRoyals
People will say what they will about
outback baby bags, but take a look
at my avatar and tell me I that i did
not get lucky...I assume these bags
are already pre-sorted, and I do not
mind - but I told him I really hope I
get banded and granite, and I got like
5 or so banded animals ahahah, just
seemed like too good of a coincidence.

Out of the banded balls I acquired, this
obviously was my holdback. Some had
phantom and blitz like characteristics..

Old 09-03-2018, 10:48 PM   #8
David Reid
I consider "unopened bags" as one of the many reptile related scams.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!