Inquiry HAH Reptile Collection - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-08-2017, 04:06 PM   #1
JColt
HAH Reptile Collection

HAH Reptile Collection Miami Fl. (Arthur James Young)

I have noticed on a few post's he inquires about burmese pythons and reticulated pythons from other states.

It has a deceptive feel to me. Either HAH Reptile Collection has no clue or possibly trying to lure in naive people.

I'd like to hear from Mr Young or any members that have dealt with him.

Old 05-08-2017, 04:08 PM   #2
JColt
Sorry, I did send pm to HAH directing to this thread.

Old 05-08-2017, 04:37 PM   #3
bcr229
A permit is required to import a burm or retic into FL. Perhaps he has one?

http://myfwc.com/wildlifehabitats/no...s/regulations/

http://myfwc.com/license/wildlife/nonnative-species/

Old 05-08-2017, 04:47 PM   #4
JColt
You cannot bring Burmese over state lines. Retics you can with permit. I would think he would have stated such when asking though. I'm open minded but it just seems fishy.

Old 05-08-2017, 05:14 PM   #5
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by JColt View Post
You cannot bring Burmese over state lines.
Until 5/30 unless FWS appeals... fingers crossed they won't. But yeah I totally flaked on that.

Quote:
Retics you can with permit. I would think he would have stated such when asking though. I'm open minded but it just seems fishy.
You're right, it does.

Old 05-08-2017, 05:14 PM   #6
Reptar
Maybe he is misunderstanding the recent court ruling in USARK's favor challenging the Lacy act. If I understood it correctly, it's legal to transport previously banned constrictors across state lines providing local regulations permit.

Old 05-08-2017, 05:19 PM   #7
JColt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptar View Post
Maybe he is misunderstanding the recent court ruling in USARK's favor challenging the Lacy act. If I understood it correctly, it's legal to transport previously banned constrictors across state lines providing local regulations permit.
He started asking about out of state burms back in Jan. He could be clueless but I don't think he is. I would just hate to think he could get someone to ship though. And could it be a setup? Hopefully he shows up and explains.

Old 05-08-2017, 05:20 PM   #8
HAH Reptile Collection
I want to First state that I do have a conditional license to own several different types of species and sell them across state lines. I am not here to try to lure somebody into him any kind of trap. As for somebody to accuse me as such Behavior I take that as an insult. I am retired military who is in the process of opening up a new company. If you do not want to do business with me that is totally fine that is your prerogative. The sad thing is that there's always somebody who has nothing but negative to say and try to bring a person down. I wish you the best of luck because I'm not going to let you bring me down

Old 05-08-2017, 05:23 PM   #9
JColt
No I am not trying to bring you down. What permit do you have that allows burm to be shipped across state lines? The biggest of the big do not have that ability unless I'm really missing something. That's why your invited to tell your side.

Old 05-08-2017, 05:29 PM   #10
JColt
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
Until 5/30 unless FWS appeals... fingers crossed they won't.
I'm hoping! Going to get dwarf Burms as quickly as I can!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!