2 little foster kitties - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Mammals > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Mammals.

Old 06-28-2011, 10:55 PM   #1
Elizabeth Minton
Talking 2 little foster kitties

They are only 2 days old. The mother was a regular at a shelter for wild cats. She had evaded being caught and delivered a litter of 3 kittens. She carried one off to a different location and left the other 2 kittens alone all night. They were brought to me by the owners of that shelter and i agreed to foster them. They are both boys and i haveyet to name them.... any ideas for unusual yet tasteful names

Old 06-28-2011, 11:46 PM   #2
Elizabeth Minton

Old 06-29-2011, 03:36 PM   #3
smb2585
Cuuuuuute they make my day better too.. ah i love kitties... I have a grey and white DSH named Twix.. he reminds me of the greyish/black and white one in the pic.. awww i love them i wish i could have them. <3

Old 06-29-2011, 06:21 PM   #4
Elizabeth Minton
If all goes well i will be looking for homes for them when they wean.

They were both hypoglycemic when they arrived to me and both were cold so ive been monitoring them and they seem to be doing ok now. they are currently both sleeping on a heating pad but should be ready to eat in like an hour

Old 06-29-2011, 06:32 PM   #5
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth Minton View Post
If all goes well i will be looking for homes for them when they wean.

They were both hypoglycemic when they arrived to me and both were cold so ive been monitoring them and they seem to be doing ok now. they are currently both sleeping on a heating pad but should be ready to eat in like an hour
Personally, knowing your history with animals..I would hope you would stop taking any animals in until you got help for your sadistic streak (freezing a live rat to kill it, and then letting it out when it didn't die after (24?) hours) listening to it scrabble in the freezer all this time.

Someone has visited you remember?? And seen how all the animals in your care (mammals) seem scared to death of you.

You are young, but I am not seeing any changes in your behavior, what I am seeing is you dropped out for a while hoping people forget the dust up that happened regarding the lies you told and the mess you created over on the Rat forum then you come back and start collecting animals again.

Old 06-29-2011, 06:54 PM   #6
Wolfy-hound
The owners of the shelter didn't warm them or do anything other than randomly bring you 2 day old kittens? Why would a shelter do that?

Old 06-30-2011, 07:10 AM   #7
Elizabeth Minton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy-hound View Post
The owners of the shelter didn't warm them or do anything other than randomly bring you 2 day old kittens? Why would a shelter do that?
The kittens where Hypoglycemic from being born and abandoned outside. The people were coming to chico the same day they found the kittens to take a dog to the vet so they just brought them to me. They know me personally and know i work well with newborn kittens and have successfully raised a total of 5 abandoned kittens.

deborahbroadus: all i can say to you is that you should not pass around false information when you do not know all the facts. I work closely with shelters and the pet community of chico and have had nothing but good said by people who know me in person

Old 06-30-2011, 07:16 AM   #8
Elizabeth Minton
The kittens are now 4 days old, eating every 2-4 hours, gaining weight, responding well to stimulation.

Old 06-30-2011, 08:31 AM   #9
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth Minton View Post
The kittens where Hypoglycemic from being born and abandoned outside. The people were coming to chico the same day they found the kittens to take a dog to the vet so they just brought them to me. They know me personally and know i work well with newborn kittens and have successfully raised a total of 5 abandoned kittens.

deborahbroadus: all i can say to you is that you should not pass around false information when you do not know all the facts. I work closely with shelters and the pet community of chico and have had nothing but good said by people who know me in person
Elizabeth, Here's where I got the information..

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...+minton&page=2

http://www.ratforum.com/index.php/topic,24181.0.html

Post on page 27 of the ratforum:
Quote:
Ok, time for me to speak up! I've watched all of this nonsense go down and tried my best to hold my tongue... I even stuck up for her for a long time until I went over to her apartment to meet her rats (pre-'rescue') & babies and started to see all of the lies she had herself caught up in. =P I didn't want to betray her confidence in me because I didn't think it was worth losing a friendship over, but it's become clear that she only wanted to be 'friends' with me for rat-support, and she dropped basically all contact with me once I told her that I wasn't going to take one of the babies after all, and stopped texting me when I told her I wasn't going to put up with her lying (so she stopped telling me the truth as well).

I still feel kind of bad for betraying her, but when the person in question continues to tell blatant lies and try to pass herself off as an acceptable 'rescue,' trust in general kind of goes out the window. =P So here goes!

Just to clarify some things that she told me (again, these are her words, not mine):

She tried to put Taz (who is alive) to sleep herself by suffocating him, basically. She squeezed his ribcage until he 'died' and then put him in the freezer. She checked on him an hour later and he was definitely alive and scratching at the freezer door... this is a hairless rat we're talking about. =P No vet. I doubt if she ever got meds from anyone. =P

I know that at least two of the babies' missing tails were due to her cat catching their tails from through the bars.

Another tidbit: she hides ALL of her rats in her attic once a week when her mom comes to visit (her dad doesn't mind and apparently encourages the situation...). The cages she can't fit in the attic she breaks down and hides under her bed. I don't know how the heck she does it every week, but apparently she makes it work. =\ I don't understand how you can be that rebellious...

I'm not sharing these things to slander her, but because I want it to be very clear that while she does love animals, she does not know HOW to love animals properly. =P

It sucks to see all her CL ads in my area, asking for cages, trying to re-home rats... she posted a new one the other day asking for an odd-eyed rat, any gender. She's a collector! It's crazy! I mean, I tend to be on the side of the fence that says 'they're animals, give them good care out of respect for life but you don't have to spoil them,' but what she's doing is ridiculous. It is ABSURDLY easy to modify your cage with hardware cloth, took me one afternoon to add on enough extra space to my rabbit cage for 3 rats (where I will house two females), and it cost me $15 at Joann's for enough fleece for liners and four or five hammocks, not to mention the paltry sum of money I spent at the Dollar Tree for a kick-a** cage full of hideouts and toys, if I do say so myself... UGH. She's unbelievable.

Would it hurt to call Animal Control about her?

Old 06-30-2011, 08:50 AM   #10
hhmoore
This is a discussion thread - not a venue for "calling out"...I know you and Elizabeth have a history, so I'm breaking this up right now. Take it to PM, or the BOI if you think it is appropriate; but harassment in the discussion areas will be brought to a screeching halt.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!