breeding question - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Chameleons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-28-2004, 01:16 AM   #11
Dingo
She still could be gravid from your last description. There really is no norm. I have had many different color variations and changes. Its also my opinion that the "Sunburst phase" is a marketing scheme. Some show more yellow, some more blue, some more orange. No matter what the parents looked like.

Keep a close eye on her though. Your last description also sounds way dark, which can be a sign of stress or illness. Pay attention to everything, nothing is insignificant. Try to peak more than inspect. The constant alert can cause more stress.

Double check temps and humidity to make sure there hasn't been any changes to out of range. Listen specifically to her breathing. A cracking or popping sound can tell you if an upper respiratory infection (URI) is present. Check her fresh fecal droppings to see if they are white with black/brown, not too dry, not too wet. Eyes should be nice and full in their sockets. Openings to eyes are nice, round and clear. No bones are warped (specifically leg bones). Aim is precise when feeding. Goes through a daily cycle of basking, cooling, and sleeping. Skin is clear with no abrasions or swelling. I am sure you already know to look for these things. It's just alot easier to treat a problem if it is noticed soon enough.

She is probably fine. Just a few suggestions.

Old 01-29-2004, 08:50 PM   #12
kamylia
shes back to green but shes still acting odd... i think she was just mad at me for putting her in with that big perverted male lol
anyways thanks for the help im gonna start another thread now because i have another question

Old 01-29-2004, 10:14 PM   #13
Collide
I notice a pattern in my females, while they are creating eggs they are grumpy, then they do there hole looking for a spot, lay, then normal for a month or more and then it all starts over. But this is just my observation no real facts. Sounds like she is creating eggs or is stressed i do think they can associate u with bad things soo offer food lol, make a peace offering lol, might help a bit.

Old 01-29-2004, 10:18 PM   #14
kamylia
shes a diva..........a piggy one.......but i think cuz i added the egglaying chamber into her cage and some extra folliage she got mad at me and believe me thier is nothing peacefull about my chameleons lol............they'de take your finger off if you gave them half a chance lol at least shes managable though.....my younger male hasnt came within 6 inches of my hand since sexual maturity lol

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!