Wanted Female Eastern Box Turtle - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Turtles/Tortoises

Notices

Old 05-30-2017, 12:25 PM   #1
Luke leith
Female Eastern Box Turtle

I'm looking for female eastern box turtles. i would prefer 5+ inches but any size is fine.
  Contact User Check User
Old 05-30-2017, 07:51 PM   #2
iamjcal
arent those illegal to own in ohio?

Old 05-30-2017, 09:22 PM   #3
Luke leith
really ? i didn't know that.
  Contact User Check User
Old 05-30-2017, 09:34 PM   #4
gecko32
They are legal

This is a false statement! You need the wildlife propagation license from Ohio Division of Natural Resources. You are aloud four wc animals and as many legally obtained animals from out of state as you want. Must keep a log of all animals. I have this license for foxes, eastern boxes, spotted, North American wood, and blandings turtles.

Old 05-30-2017, 09:53 PM   #5
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
Originally Posted by gecko32 View Post
This is a false statement! You need the wildlife propagation license from Ohio Division of Natural Resources. You are aloud four wc animals and as many legally obtained animals from out of state as you want. Must keep a log of all animals. I have this license for foxes, eastern boxes, spotted, North American wood, and blandings turtles.
Nobody made a statement. It was a question.

Old 06-04-2017, 07:20 PM   #6
marke1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gecko32 View Post
in ohio you cannot catch eastern box turtles , spotted turtles , NA woods , or blanding's ....... it is illegal to take any of those species from the wild in ohio , even with a propagation permit .......
1501:31-1-02
collectable reptiles in ohio are

(1) "Collectable reptiles" includes Carphophis amoenus amoenus (Eastern wormsnake), Carphophis amoenus helenae (Midwestern wormsnake), Chrysemys picta marginata (midland painted turtle), Coluber constrictor constrictor (Northern black racer), Coluber constrictor foxii (blue racer), Diapophis punctatus edwardsii (Northern ring-necked snake), Graptemys geographica (Northern map turtle), Heterodon platirhinos (Eastern hog-nosed snake), Lampropeltis triangulum triangulum (Eastern milk snake), Nerodia sipedon sipedon (common watersnake), Pantherophis alleghaniensis (Eastern ratsnake), Plestiodon fasciatus (common five-lined skink), Plestiodon laticeps (broad-headed skink), Podarcis muralis (common wall lizard), Sceloporus undulatus (Eastern fence lizard), Sternotherus odoratus (Eastern musk turtle), Storeria dekayi dekayi (Northern brownsnake), Storeria dekayi wrightorum (midland brownsnake), Storeria occipitomaculata occipitomaculata (Northern red-bellied snake), Thamnophis butleri (Butler's gartersnake), Thamnophis sauritus sauritis (common ribbonsnake), Thamnophis sirtalis sirtalis (Eastern gartersnake), Trachemys scripta elegans (red-eared slider).

Old 06-04-2017, 07:37 PM   #7
CatchemallSC
But he would not be collecting those species in Ohio...

Old 06-04-2017, 07:55 PM   #8
marke1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatchemallSC View Post
But he would not be collecting those species in Ohio...
I just didn't want anyone to think you could legally collect 4 eastern box turtles , spotted turtles or blanding's from the wild in ohio ....... those species need all the help they can get in ohio ........ he would just need a propagation permit , which are easy to get , he can buy the turtle from a legal source , and he has 10 days from receipt of the turtle to apply for the permit ..........

Old 06-04-2017, 08:23 PM   #9
CatchemallSC
Thank you for clarifying Marke1
Not being argumenative at all simply trying to ensure I was understanding wording correctly. By my interpretation he can own specimens from out of state but not collect In Ohio. I dont know the situation in Ohio but lived in FL and now SC and do sympathize

Old 06-04-2017, 08:23 PM   #10
CatchemallSC
Are spotted turtles legally able to be collected anywhere? I hope not. Tbh.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!