viper boas??? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-02-2004, 07:55 AM   #1
bytheshore1
Angry viper boas???

these were sold to me as viper boas. but i have been informed from the classified section that they are of the candaoi mamily but not vipers.they are very calm and love the water.

Old 03-02-2004, 07:56 AM   #2
bytheshore1
pictures

some of the babies
Attached Images

Old 03-02-2004, 07:59 AM   #3
bytheshore1
some better

these are better pics of the juvies
Attached Images

Old 03-02-2004, 08:01 AM   #4
bytheshore1
the older ones belly

this is an older females belly
Attached Images

Old 03-02-2004, 08:05 AM   #5
bytheshore1
1 more

i more pic
Attached Images

Old 03-03-2004, 01:31 AM   #6
diablos
UHHH?

I dont think those are viper boas!they look like solomon island tree boas to me..or canadoias...i included a pic of our girl for you to compare.
Attached Images

Old 03-03-2004, 07:02 AM   #7
bytheshore1
thanks

that does look a lot like my group. how does their bellies compare? i have 2 pics posted where you xan see the pattern. thanks, tim

Old 03-03-2004, 04:02 PM   #8
diablos
Hi.

The bellys are exctaly the same..i will try to post a pic of our girls stomach later so you can compare also..but yea,i do beleive you got some solomons there.i meen beleive or not the vipers and the solomons are from the same family,Candoia..but obviously there looks are quite diffrent.and atttitudes.the vipers are more shy and can be alittle cage difensive,while the solomons are pretty peiceful and very docile.

Old 03-04-2004, 06:26 AM   #9
bytheshore1
here is more proof

the guy who sold them to me told me to ga to silver city reptiles site and compare. their pictures of viper boas look very simialar to mine. the heads are narrow and shovel shaped as in the pics. i was starting to think i had tree boas but now i am still not sure.
Attached Images

Old 03-04-2004, 10:11 AM   #10
herpetological
These are Candoia Bibroni not Candoia Asper. The biggest Aspers (Viper Boas) are about 26" and very heavy in girth.(Most of the times big ones are females) Hope that helps.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!