Well I finally joined the club - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 03-25-2009, 11:05 PM   #1
suzuki4life
Well I finally joined the club

Made to trip to meet Greg tonight (triton) and picked up my new project.

Should be breedable soon and very tame so far. 2 groups of 1.4.

I'll add this to the rats, gerbils and hamsters already on the shelves.

Old 03-26-2009, 09:18 AM   #2
Tiger Lilly
Congrats! Is that a regular mouse in the 1st picture? Do they interbreed with the ASFs?

Old 03-26-2009, 09:40 AM   #3
suzuki4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Lilly View Post
Congrats! Is that a regular mouse in the 1st picture? Do they interbreed with the ASFs?

all asf's to the best of my knowledge.

Old 03-26-2009, 09:58 AM   #4
Shadera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Lilly View Post
That's just an albino ASF.

Old 03-26-2009, 11:14 AM   #5
Tiger Lilly
Sorry--I still don't know a whole lot about them...didn't know they came in albino!

Old 07-09-2009, 04:35 AM   #6
offroad537
I think you have a normal mouse with your asf mice, you mite want to get that out of there if you haven't done so

Old 07-09-2009, 05:28 AM   #7
MEReptiles
So I keep hearing a lot about these ASFs. The only thing I don't like that I am hearing is how once you starting using them for feeders your snakes won't eat anything else.
How true is this? I know I can get rats all day long here but as far as ASF rats I'm not sure who actually deals in them around here.

Old 07-09-2009, 06:20 AM   #8
offroad537
im sure pet shops can get them, the only thing i know about them is there good for picky snakes. i cant get them where im at.

Old 07-09-2009, 11:44 AM   #9
Shadera
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEReptiles View Post
So I keep hearing a lot about these ASFs. The only thing I don't like that I am hearing is how once you starting using them for feeders your snakes won't eat anything else.
How true is this? I know I can get rats all day long here but as far as ASF rats I'm not sure who actually deals in them around here.

Given all their different personalities, I don't doubt that some snakes would get hooked on them. Especially if they're imprinted on them when they're younger with a lot of them. I breed rats, mice, and ASFs here. My snakes will for the most part happily eat anything I dangle into the tub. As long as you're still feeding rats regularly along with the soft furs, it's doubtful you'll have a problem. They're always nice to have around as a backup for when the rats aren't producing as much as you need, too.

If you were closer, I'd hook you up with a couple breeder trios to get you started.

Old 07-09-2009, 12:05 PM   #10
timebider
So where does one come by these large quantities of rats/ASFs with which to start a colony? I'm almost done building my homemade rack but the only venue around here with quantities of rats for sale is Petco. They don't sell ASFs and the last time I got rats from them, the rats were sneezing right out of the box. So I'm still trying to figure this one out.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!