Flesh Tunnels??? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 06-17-2006, 10:39 PM   #1
nicolai
Flesh Tunnels???

What is up with these "FLESH TUNNELS" as they call them turning up everywhere?? At the last white plains reptile show I saw one guy that had one of those flesh tunnel loops in his ear that was atleast 1 1/2" across. I saw no less then 10 people with them there. Is this a new trend now??

this is an example i found of a 1/2" flesh tunnel so you know what i am talking about.

Old 06-18-2006, 05:56 PM   #2
coyote
"Flesh tunnel"?
Ain't that just a fancy word fer A HOLE?
Looks like someone was intoxicated and someone else got creative with a paper punch.
Imagine what could be done with some of those fancy scrapbooker punches, eh?

Old 06-18-2006, 06:23 PM   #3
nicolai
I just asked the oldest child (18 yrs) and he showed me just how many sites are on the web that sell these things, its unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!! It seems like this is a very popular fad. Plus i told him i would disown him if he came home with them in his ears.

Old 06-19-2006, 03:00 AM   #4
ZX11
Flesh tunnels are sweeping the nation, that's for sure, but are you wondering where they originated? Obviously an African thing, right?

The history of mankind shows that tattoos were the first form of body modification and this went to piercings here, there and everywhere and places no one should have extra holes.

But, in underground societies, the next step was branding. Yep, burned in images, like a cows and idiots. I don't know about you, but I have enough body scarring, I don't require anymore.

It is predicted that someone will up the ante with amputations. Yea, thats what I want: my kid coming home from college with a couple digits missing.
" What the hell happened?" I'd ask very concerned. She'd reply with "oh, dad, it is sooo kwel. All the kids are doing it !!" At that point, I would amputate her head with my hand.

Ever wonder why some folks get their own name tattooed on themselves? I wonder that alot. I think I now know.

Imagine you and the missus getting seperated at the mall. What would you do? Stand still and eventually someone will take you to the "lost and found".
It is here your wife can claim you.
"Excuse me, but has anyone turned in my husband?"
" I don't know. Can you describe him?"
" Uhhh. Hmmm. Oh, yea. Ok. He is about 5 foot 8, maybe 140 pounds, dark, but greying hair. His name is Michael and it is tattooed on his left shoulder"
"Let me go take a look"
A short time later, the fella at the "L&F" comes back, my body slumped over his shoulder. He flops me onto the counter.
"Does this one look right?"
Yea, thats him. Thank you"
Yea, I'm glad I got that tat !!!

How many people do you suppose have kids, and tunnels in their ears???
Not too smart, aren't they? We all know how little kids like to put their fingers in our faces and pull our hair and pull on our ears.
You thinking what I'm thinking?? Yep. Some little kid puts his/her tiny fingers into the holes and YANK. A new trend has started: having two dangly pieces of skin hanging from the bottom of the ears !!!

SIGN ME UP !!!

Old 06-19-2006, 07:25 AM   #5
nicolai
I was looking at some of the "flesh tunnel" websites and there are kids 10-14 years old with them already. Once the hole gets to a certain size i don't think it will ever close up will it???

Old 06-19-2006, 11:10 PM   #6
ZX11
No, they won't close once they are stretched to about 12-10 guage.

Old 06-24-2006, 02:40 PM   #7
Junkyard
I have seen those around for years out here, they are so common that I do not even notice them, that is with a lot of my friends that have them. They are called plugs out here, I have never heard the term "Flesh Tunnel" before.

The street scenes here in California, you can see at least one of every type of piercing, plug, branding, beading(embedding of objects under the skin), tattoos, steel mohawks, dangling from hooks in their skin, self mutilation, spilt tongues, and anything else a person can think of to inflict pain on their body and call it cool.

Old 06-25-2006, 11:12 AM   #8
nicolai
Last year we went out to california for work and we visited holly blvd, the boardwalk and various other places and yes i did see A lot of strange things. Some of the people wearing the costumes on hollywood blvd have serious genuine mental problems and they smelled very bad.
As far as there large flesh tunnels (plugs) goes, i dont see what the purpose of stretching your skin like that is. What if you want to go out to a nice restraunt for dinner, it isnt like a tatoo that you can cover up, or a peacing the you can take out.

Old 06-25-2006, 02:02 PM   #9
Rebel Dragons
I know a couple people who have the plugs and some other stretches and piercings in places I don't care to think about. I personally find them to be a bit "extreme" but hey, more power to em.

I have and like some of the other more "traditional" piercings available, so who am I to judge?

Old 06-25-2006, 02:37 PM   #10
romad119
Yep, plugs are the more common term. I had no clue what this thread would be when I opened it. Flesh tunnels.....hmmm

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!