What morph of Cal King is this? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Kingsnakes & Milksnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-19-2017, 05:53 PM   #1
Conornewton
What morph of Cal King is this?

I purchased this snake from Craigslist, listed as "Albino California Kingsnake". Yes, it is that... or it looks to be, but also looks like there's more going on there. It's a female, and I'd say a 2015, maybe 2014. She looks almost pure white with hints of purple. It's hard to find a pattern on her, but looks to be striped. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Attached Images

Old 02-20-2017, 12:21 PM   #2
Karma Kritters
Looks like what we used to refer to as a ruby eyed lavender California king. There are a couple of lines of albino that do not match up when bred together.
Sam

Old 02-20-2017, 03:33 PM   #3
Conornewton
Oh ok, awesome! If you were to pair this girl with a mate of your house... what do you feel would make some pretty cool stuff? Thank you for reply!

Old 02-20-2017, 03:34 PM   #4
Conornewton
...mate of your choice* ... lol, sorry

Old 02-20-2017, 03:46 PM   #5
Karma Kritters
I would look for a lavender albino to breed her with. It would be your best shot at producing more albinos like her. If you breed her to a normal white colored albino you may just get double hets for both strains.

Old 05-01-2017, 04:20 AM   #6
RossCA
I think that's a normal albino, not a lavender albino. The eyes don't look dark enough to be a lavender albino. And the full name would be albino high white. The white on this one isn't all that, but its decent and falls into the category of high white, if those colors in the photos are accurate.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!