Bad Guy Do NOT do sell to Shane Risely!!! - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-13-2017, 07:51 PM   #41
nickolasanastasiou
Mr. Gearheart, present and argue your case regarding the dispute between yourself and Mr. Risely. If you want to complain about the site, the staff, or the BOI, you have already received instructions for more appropriate placement.

Old 04-13-2017, 07:55 PM   #42
nickolasanastasiou
If you want the BOI to be effective, maybe cross-examine more and complain about open expression less. Many threads have been turned around by members asking thoughtful questions that drove to where the truth was really parked.

Old 04-13-2017, 08:01 PM   #43
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanerisley14 View Post
I already have people backing out of buying from you and that's all I wanted
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmeurrens31 View Post
I have no dog in this fight. But from a distance I would seem like Shane did intentionally put his post some place to catch more "eyeballs" and did so with no proof. He seems to back this by saying in his post here that his only intention was to hurt Todds reputation and pocketbook.
If Shane published a false claim about Todd which has damaged Todd's reputation, (and he has himself noted the damage through his post, above) that is the very essence of defamation.

Old 04-13-2017, 08:07 PM   #44
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmeurrens31 View Post

It takes little deductive reasoning to see what Shane wanted to do with his initial posting and he did it all by simply circumventing the BOI. Why have the BOI at all if a mad customer can throw out accusations in other sections and have them remain there.
Just as it takes a gross misunderstanding of site policies to believe that one could do more damage by posting a very short-lived BOI-type thread in a classified section. I'm not seeing where your reasoning is very sound. Which is more potentially damaging: a drive-by post that'll be deleted in a day or two, posted in a classified section with fairly little traffic; or the very same type of post made here, where it'll be seen by thousands and never be deleted? The math seems pretty simple to me. If one actually thinks about it, I'm not sure how they could avoid realizing that this Risley guy ultimately did him a favor by posting where he did.

Old 04-13-2017, 08:52 PM   #45
Jmeurrens31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangthane View Post
Just as it takes a gross misunderstanding of site policies to believe that one could do more damage by posting a very short-lived BOI-type thread in a classified section. I'm not seeing where your reasoning is very sound. Which is more potentially damaging: a drive-by post that'll be deleted in a day or two, posted in a classified section with fairly little traffic; or the very same type of post made here, where it'll be seen by thousands and never be deleted? The math seems pretty simple to me. If one actually thinks about it, I'm not sure how they could avoid realizing that this Risley guy ultimately did him a favor by posting where he did.
The main difference to me, is most who go to that specific classified section are at least interested or looking at buying something that Todd could be selling. While BOI gets many more views a vast majority have and will never have interest in Todds species therefore not losing him sales.

I apologize for hi-jacking the thread. I just read a ton of the BOI stuff and recently starting posting the positive transactions Ive had. When I read this thread it seems (to me) that Todd is absolutely correct in his views and how certain things were handled.

Old 04-13-2017, 08:57 PM   #46
nickolasanastasiou
Guys, end it regarding the discussion of the BOI itself. Please.

Old 04-13-2017, 09:44 PM   #47
xenesthis13
dead on

Jmeurrens31 has it dead on. I might not always pick the perfect words, but Jmeurrens31 summed it up accurately.

I have repeat customers dating back to 1993 that have done hundreds of satisfactory to mostly excellent transactions with me from all over the world, so Shane is a grain of sand with his weak and lying antics. My problem is with the .....

Oh, can't say it....but it is been fleshed out again for all to see. People like Shane know the ..... is a great way to try to smear somebody. Giving and facilitating the medium and method for people like Shane is the problem.

There is a great rule that should always be applied: Just because it's on the internet doesn't make it true, and if somebody tries to, make the burden very, very difficult, and if they lie, falsify info, or commit defamation towards somebody or a business, don't reward them for it in anyway what-so-ever. Their membership should be revoked, they should be banished forever, and their name should be mud, not the ones they tried to lie about and defame.

Old 04-13-2017, 09:48 PM   #48
DavidBeard
Todd has aways disliked the BOI because it keeps his shady unethical behavior for all to see. He doesn't like not being able to have it removed like he used to on the old Arachnoboards forum, and that sticks in his craw. A simple search of his name yields more than one or 2 bad transactions and less than ideal ethical behavior to say the least.

Old 04-13-2017, 09:56 PM   #49
xenesthis13
law of probability

Anybody that deals with the public and does thousands of transactions over three decades will run into a few *#%#Q jobs along the way. No worries, I keep good notes on those types and pass my notes onto other dealers/sellers to warn them.

Old 04-13-2017, 10:28 PM   #50
Snake-Queen
This hasn't been addressed yet, not that I saw.

You violated your own TOS by shipping without requiring a signature upon receipt, as indicated by the attached screenshots.

So your argument about Shane not following your TOS, neither did you.
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!