Ripped Off By House Of Reptiles & Tropical Fish ?????? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-25-2004, 05:08 PM   #1
Miss_Marbles
Ripped Off By House Of Reptiles & Tropical Fish ??????

Hi..

Has anyone had experience with these people? Exactly one month ago I overnight-FEDEXed them a postal money order for $200 for 4 box turtles which they assured me were available. The turtles were never sent. My numerous emails since have not been answered. I've also left many voice mail messages, none of which have been returned.

This is their address:

House Of Reptiles & Tropical Fish
Worldwide Import & Export
Buy/Sell/Trade
921 & 923 Pine Grove Ave.
Port Huron ,Michigan
Phone (810)984-2200
Fax (810)984-3984

Old 03-25-2004, 05:14 PM   #2
elago
Thumbs down Nope,

They wanted to buy a large group of herps off of me and I posted an inquiry about them, it's apparently 100% previously AV Exotics. My query was based on the fact that they won't send you $ without you shipping the animals first, and that was red flag # 1. They are scammers and rip-offs in my opinion, I've received email from people who had similar stories to yours. File fraud, and see if you can get your $ back! Do a search on them here, and get a cup of coffee and smoke em if you got em. -Eric Lago *MS Reptilian Hobbyists*

Old 03-25-2004, 06:09 PM   #3
Miss_Marbles
Thank you for that information, Eric !! I will indeed do a search on them as "AV Exotics" as well as "House of Reptiles and Tropical Fish". The "House of" title sure SOUNDED like a real business, but now I get the feeling the house is someone's residence with some herps in the basement and a tank of guppies in the living room!!!

I have to say that I've purchased reptiles many times over the years through internet ads, and this is the first time I've been (apparently) ripped off. Even though $200 is not a huge amount of money, this is more than aggravating. I could have paid a few bills with that money!!! I hope I can get it back.

I've never had to file fraud charges, but there's a first time for everything. At least I paid with a postal money order, so hopefully the Post Office will take a dim view of these people.

And I hope at least my misfortune will make people beware of "The House of Reptiles and Tropical Fish". I imagine that now they will change their name yet again!!! Since I look at ads & auctions many times a day, I'll sure blow the whistle if I can spot them advertising again under ANY name.

Thanks again for the info, Eric !!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't smoke 'em, but I may start.

Barbara

Old 03-25-2004, 06:48 PM   #4
Miss_Marbles
Thank you for that information, Eric !! I will indeed do a search on them as "AV Exotics" as well as "House of Reptiles and Tropical Fish". The "House of" title sure SOUNDED like a real business, but now I get the feeling the house is someone's residence with some herps in the basement and a tank of guppies in the living room!!!

I have to say that I've purchased reptiles many times over the years through internet ads, and this is the first time I've been (apparently) ripped off. Even though $200 is not a huge amount of money, this is more than aggravating. I could have paid a few bills with that money!!! I hope I can get it back.

I've never had to file fraud charges, but there's a first time for everything. At least I paid with a postal money order, so hopefully the Post Office will take a dim view of these people.

And I hope at least my misfortune will make people beware of "The House of Reptiles and Tropical Fish". I imagine that now they will change their name yet again!!! Since I look at ads & auctions many times a day, I'll sure blow the whistle if I can spot them advertising again under ANY name.

Thanks again for the info, Eric !!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't smoke 'em, but I may start.

Barbara

Old 03-25-2004, 07:10 PM   #5
John Apple
Road Trip

box turtles?!!...what kind as easterns are a nono in Mi.
Port Huron is not too far from me also