venomous dealers out of control - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-16-2004, 06:03 PM   #21
bud mierkey
Thumbs down humm new guys make me laugh

I never named any names and that is it.
You use the statement with all posts or replys.

I just am having fun with the new guy.
He seemed like he wanted to make a big connection.
He thinks he did.
There are others that use the term.
but hey let him name you if he wants to.
Its his post.

Red carpet

This topic is dealers out of control.
lets keep it on this topic

If you want to just fight go to the hell forum
look up the hate bud arena.
I will meet you there!
other wise stay on topic.

Old 06-16-2004, 09:52 PM   #22
COBRAMAN
Quote:
I never named any names and that is it. You use the statement with all posts or replys.
I just am having fun with the new guy.
He seemed like he wanted to make a big connection.
He thinks he did.
There are others that use the term.
but hey let him name you if he wants to.
Its his post.

OK, Bud, No problem.
Ray

Old 06-16-2004, 11:18 PM   #23
taphillip
Ray,
Not sure how this thread started to point it's nasty little finger your way. I suppose I should have posted an update. The dealer was in California, which is a major NO NO to begin with. and I did find out more info regarding the whole situation. ( the guy actually called back???) And yes the dealer did tell him that the angusticeps is not a lethal species. He was also told that for a kaouthia bite all they do is inject oxygen into the site of the bite.....?
Let me reiterate this. there is no way in Hell that this person could have fooled ANYONE into thinking that he knew what he was talking about. I asked him if it was an aussie or NG death adder....his answer was I thought they were found in S. Africa........
Ray, since you are the only dealer posting here, Let me just say this, I know there are some smart idiots out there, but please take that little extra time in questioning people when you sell dangerous species to people! Especially in my state, as I am the only source of AV for people here and in most states close to here. Not that you don't, I have never dealt with you before, all I 'm saying is that in a 5 minute conversation you can tell if someone should be working advanced venomous snakes!

Old 06-16-2004, 11:20 PM   #24
taphillip
OH! how could I forget this.....
He said quote " I live in an apartment that does not allow pets, so I have them at a friends house, they said I didn't have to but I thought that for safety sake I should put a pad lock on the cage. Just in case"
Holy crap!!!!!!!

Old 06-17-2004, 01:59 AM   #25
COBRAMAN
taphillip
Thank you for your post to clear up matters. After reading your post, I am sickened by that person's total disregard for the safety of others, not to mention his stupidity. Know that I do all I can to make sure that I sell to responsible people only. I oftenspen far more than 5 minutes questioning customers. Most of the people I sell to are repeat customers that I know well, but venomous reptiles shows can be a real problem (I don't do these shows anymore). I had a guy at Columbia, S.C. try to buy a Naja haje from me after telling me how repulsed he was of venomous snakes (go figure). Obviously I refused to sell to him.

Again, thank you for your post.

Blessings
Ray

Old 06-17-2004, 03:33 AM   #26
snakegetters
Quote:
Originally posted by taphillip The dealer was in California, which is a major NO NO to begin with. and I did find out more info regarding the whole situation. ( the guy actually called back???) And yes the dealer did tell him that the angusticeps is not a lethal species. He was also told that for a kaouthia bite all they do is inject oxygen into the site of the bite.....?
Aiyeee. I wish I could believe that the guy was just yanking your chain. This is some majorly scary stuff. Do you think there is any chance that somebody is playing an elaborate practical joke on you?

Old 06-17-2004, 11:55 AM   #27
taphillip
Tanith,
No, no one is playing a practical joke on me. This is actually the fourth time in the last 12 months this same exact type of thing has happened. The first time was the worst one.
a guy in North Dakota, (long story short) he owned a corn snake and a pair of corn snakes. he ordered a New Guinea Taipan and a Black Mamba, both wild caught...
This sort of thing happens a tremendous amount. When working for a zoo, we get the calls from all the idiots from all over the country, basically because the idiots don't know who else to call that works with venomous snakes.
This is one reason why most zoo people hate the private sector. because we never get the calls from the intelligent responsible keepers, they know other intelligent responsible people. the only calls we get are from the idiots! Which far outnumber the smart keepers

Old 06-17-2004, 05:09 PM   #28
bud mierkey
Thumbs down And it bold down to one thing The dealers!

They are out of control and nobody seems to want to bring it up.
They will say we do are best to check them out.
I have had two dealers ask if I had experiance or a permit.
Thats it!
No names named I don't mean RAY ok?
And I used to spend a nice chunk of change on snakes.
Before I found out about all the skulldugery involved in the hot reptile trade.
In the usa ITS AS BAD AS RAY HOSERS OZ.
its regulation time AND I DONT CARE If SOME BODY SAYs YOU CAN NOT OWN OR BUY A SNAke ITs about time this is halted.
If we lose a few rights so be it.
Soon I will no longer gasp in fear when I hear this crap.
Good luck is all I will say I have had 30 years of hots
and lots of good memories.
I might move to a secluded area that has its own hots and enjoy them without messing with them.
oui theres the rub!

:alien:

Old 06-22-2004, 02:01 PM   #29
redcarpet
Bud,

1st of all let me say sorry about blowing up on you.I thought you were talking about Ray.

I heared a phone call today,The guy wanted a Western Rattler.He had already got one from someone.The person had shipped it via Airborne,NO BAG JUST NEWSPAPER AND A STANDERD AIRBORNE BOX.The guy saw nothing wrong with this.The customer and the shipper are at fault!

Let me just say that I would never sell to this person.He was saying the only reason why he keeps rattlers is because they always worn you before they strike.I tried not to laugh at this stupid statment,but what can you do.

Old 07-09-2004, 06:56 PM   #30
bud mierkey
Thumbs down here is a clear violation of the lacy act

The shipper was zooalogical based in miami fl
see if anythings done if not everyone can ship hots UPS
There has been no retraction!

THE TRIBUNE (Bismark, N Dakota) 09 July 04 Next time, try a dog or cat instead (Frederic Smith)
What gets into some people? Last week, two young Bismarck men were arrested for keeping four deadly snakes in their apartment. "I live near the hospital, so I wasn't worried," said one. Police, more worried about their neighbors, slapped the men with a charge of reckless endangerment.
The incident recalls the Bismarck man of a few years ago whose apartment mate was an adult bobcat. Neighbors complained -- go figure -- when they discovered the cat roaming the hallways.
In the present case, some would give the men credit for having checked state law and finding no prohibition of poisonous snakes. They never thought to check for the city ordinance against "dangerous animals." But who with the sense he was born with needs a law or an ordinance? One of the men disputed the police contention that his death adder and East African green mamba were No. 10 and 11 on the most-dangerous list.
They're No. 2 and 3, he said, proudly.
People are getting into trouble all the time for ownership of inappropriate animals and too many animals. Remember the Sykeston man on whose farm officers seized three bobcat-sized African wildcats -- along with 38 hunting dogs, 47 birds, two hedgehogs, 51 Asian flying squirrels and a gecko, all suffering from neglect?
Not that people are lacking for encouragement of their peculiar tastes. Why federal law doesn't have more to say about the companies that supply these "exotic" pets -- including the baby alligators that are so popular back East -- is an enduring mystery.
The Florida company that furnished three of the deadly Bismarck snakes shipped them UPS. Does the law care about that? If not, why not? And were the various UPS employees along the line made aware of what they were handling?
It remains true that, if you're going to have a pet, a dog or cat is probably challenging enough. They are deep and remarkable companions that reward years of cultivation, and it's hard to imagine the person who has really got to the bottom of them and requires the stimulation of a poisonous snake, wildcat or alligator.
At the same time, the dog and cat weren't domesticated thousands of years ago for nothing; they've had so much practice being around people and around the house that it's in their genes.
In a word, they're appropriate, where the poisonous snake, wildcat or alligator is not. It's not a subtle or difficult distinction, but one that, alas, is still lost on some people.
Next time, try a dog or cat instead

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!