Info Eddie Markward - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-22-2015, 11:51 AM   #91
charlene.dourty
Quote:
Originally Posted by nharrison View Post
One point Eddie said you had told him your animals had mites and they you sent NIX to help treat them. Is that true?
At the time of pick up and transportation of our collection to Eddie's, our collection was 100% mite free. We did have an outbreak months before that we resolved. We had the extra NIX not only because of that but because we treat all new incoming animals to our collection regardless of where we get them from. I sent out a few packages a couple weeks before Eddie got our snakes in a trade and had no complaints of any issues with those shipments. One of those people even posted on facebook stating this as well. I can get screen shots if further proof is needed.

Old 09-22-2015, 11:55 AM   #92
Lucille
A suggestion.

Eddie manned up about his failure here. That is a good first step.
Whatever the cause, (and he may have civil or criminal liability, depending on the cause) he still needs to make good, and we as a community need to hear some sort of assurance that further critters will not be harmed.

I checked out Eddie's fb page and he has a lot of friends, and a good number are well known and respected in the herp community.
Perhaps those friends could come forward, either here or privately to Charlene, with Eddie in agreement, and each offer a gift of one of their critters to help make all of this right with Charlene.

There were many missing critters and many starving of the ones that were picked up.
Charlene deserves to be made whole, and Eddie may not be able to do that all at once. If his friends help, that will spread the burden around, Charlene can move forward with her projects, and Eddie can either owe them unless they were willing to make it a gift to him also.

He hopefully will be able to quickly manage the repayment of the cash he took from Charlene for services not rendered as I'm sure there are considerable unplanned expenses to Charlene from suddenly getting her collection back.

These gifts would not stop with assistance to both Charlene and Eddie of a donated critter, hopefully his friends would keep in touch with oversight being both a gift of friendship to him, and a protection of future critters of his in the future.

Old 09-22-2015, 11:55 AM   #93
charlene.dourty
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
Does anyone know if the failure occurred when Eddie was on his recent vacation? I know he had posted that he had cut some eggs before leaving for a week. If the failure did happen during that time, it may explain why he didn't know the room heated up to unsafe levels.
I cannot answer this question other than when he messaged us to let us know about the incident. It happened overnight of the 12 August 2015. He contacted us at 553 am on 13 August 2015 to inform us of what he came home to.

Old 09-22-2015, 12:02 PM   #94
charlene.dourty
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAceD View Post
In all of this, I would strongly advise the OP not to pump these animals with food quickly, even if they want it.

Shock to their organs is a very real possibility following such prolonged neglect.

For a snake to actually reach starvation status is very extreme and incredibly sad.

I hope there is an actual resolution to all of this and not just acknowledgement of what went wrong.
I am in the process of giving everyone their first meals. Most got fed last night but I didn't order enough for everyone so the second round will get their meals tonight. I gave small than appropriate sized meals to everyone as to not shock their system and gave them a good 2 days to fully re-hydrate before feeding. As of last night, everyone ate without hesitation. I will be waiting a week before attempting a second meal. As they gain weight and strength, I will increase the frequency of feeding and as long as I have no regurgitations.

Old 09-22-2015, 12:08 PM   #95
charlene.dourty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
A suggestion.

Whatever the cause, (and he may have civil or criminal liability, depending on the cause) he still needs to make good, and we as a community need to hear some sort of assurance that further critters will not be harmed.

I checked out Eddie's fb page and he has a lot of friends, and a good number are well known and respected in the herp community.
Perhaps those friends could come forward, either here or privately to Charlene, with Eddie in agreement, and each offer a gift of one of their critters to help make all of this right with Charlene.

There were many missing critters and many starving of the ones that were picked up.
Charlene deserves to be made whole, and Eddie may not be able to do that all at once. If his friends help, that will spread the burden around, Charlene can move forward with her projects, and Eddie can either owe them unless they were willing to make it a gift to him also.

He hopefully will be able to quickly manage the repayment of the cash he took from Charlene for services not rendered as I'm sure there are considerable unplanned expenses to Charlene from suddenly getting her collection back.

These gifts would not stop with assistance to both Charlene and Eddie of a donated critter, hopefully his friends would keep in touch with oversight being both a gift of friendship to him, and a protection of future critters of his in the future.
We are in the process of discussing with Eddie how we are going to proceed from here. For now, we will give him the benefit of the doubt and give him time to make things right.

As for others in the snake community donating animals to us for replacements, we would love it but do not expect it. At this time, we won't be adding any new animals until we can get the ones we have back into a healthy state. My husband and I have purchased a couple animals before all this went down so those will be added but other than that, I don't want to get overwhelmed and I don't want to risk any new animals until I know how everything here is going to do.

Thanks

Old 09-22-2015, 12:53 PM   #96
Xaila
That sounds like a smart course of action. So sorry about this lousy situation. It's good to see that the involved parties are communicating and working it out though. Way too often you see these things devolve into something really ugly and I'm sure nobody needs that added stress.

What state are Eddie's own animals in? It sounds like he got in way too deep. I would hope he's strongly considering a big scale-down (no pun intended) so that he can get things under control again. Or take some time away from snakes entirely while he focuses on working things out with the OP. This was a big screw up, make no mistake, but I don't get any sense that Eddie is a horrible person.

Old 09-22-2015, 03:40 PM   #97
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaila View Post
Way too often you see these things devolve into something really ugly
You haven't been on FB lately have you? LOL

Old 09-22-2015, 04:09 PM   #98
Xaila
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
You haven't been on FB lately have you? LOL
In this particular instance I meant ugly conflict directly between the accuser and accused. The only posts I've seen between Eddie and the OP there have been civil. I'm more than aware that there's always a poo-stirring peanut gallery.

I quit most of the ball python/herp related FB groups because the rudeness, drama, and backstabbing high school antics got to be a bit too much for me.

Old 09-22-2015, 05:48 PM   #99
Southern.Constrictors.2
Quote:
A suggestion.

While this is a good idea, and would be very generous of his friends, part of the problem with that is that some of his friends have turned on him. Not everyone on your FB list is truly a friend. Which is sad to see.

I have every confidence that Eddie will keep to this word and make it right. I just hope that the peanut gallery shuts down and allows the two parties directly involved to handle this themselves. Good luck.

Old 09-22-2015, 09:07 PM   #100
HerpVenue
Quote:
What the %^&* did I just read?!?!

This statement resembles what some people feel in real life. In real life, there are some people who believe that society and not the criminal, is responsible for criminals said actions.

I will say it here just like I say in real life...... huuuuhh NO.

Perhaps I missed it. But what does his "friends" have to do with this transaction? Because they pressed a button on facebook does not mean they are responsible for any part of this transaction. It is almost like saying, you are talking to him on the internet. Why don't you give the lady some animals.

I guess you can say I wholeheartedly disagree.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!