Inquiry Randall Nash Hartdegen - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-07-2016, 06:05 PM   #11
Kristi23
The main reason to post this was just to let others know and be careful. Something isn't right.

You have him saying he's got a masters in herpetology, almost done with phd and just asking basic questions about leopard gecko care, stating he was in the military for 6 years, and that he's 28. But all those things found online show that he's 19. He did go to a military school for some time (the school is for grades 7-12). That is also shown in the San Diego news story from last year that has him as 18 years old. Same school is listed.

Old 12-07-2016, 06:08 PM   #12
Kristi23
Unless I'm missing info, I can see his old HS stuff from 2011-2012 in Idaho. It looks like he transferred to the military school from 2013-2015.

Old 12-07-2016, 06:12 PM   #13
Kristi23
I also wanted to add these that says he has these iguanas in the US. Maybe he does, but I would like to see proof.
Attached Images

Old 12-07-2016, 06:43 PM   #14
Kristi23
I thought I had this one on here, but must have messed up. Too many screenshots.

Another newspaper article. This one about his mom and she mentions her kids here. I'd have to find the link again, but I believe it was 2010. Says Nash is 13 here.
Attached Images

Old 12-07-2016, 07:05 PM   #15
Kristi23
Two more and then I'm done for now.

This shows his HS (his home town per his facebook profile) and says that he was in 9th and 10th grade here.
Attached Images

Old 12-07-2016, 07:05 PM   #16
CliffsideExotics
I've been in contact with him for a while now and I've had doubts from day one, but I'm actually hoping to clear up a lot of dust. I haven't really started working with him other than making plans and suggestions for our possible future. Just trying to clear up my doubts before I actually become a part of his work

Old 12-07-2016, 07:12 PM   #17
Kristi23
Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffsideExotics View Post
I've been in contact with him for a while now and I've had doubts from day one, but I'm actually hoping to clear up a lot of dust. I haven't really started working with him other than making plans and suggestions for our possible future. Just trying to clear up my doubts before I actually become a part of his work
I noticed he said you were head of breeding. I was curious about this since it's a rescue.

I think the stuff posted above would give me enough doubt to stay clear, but that's just me. There are way too many stories that I've seen. I'm hoping others come forward with more because it's not mine to share.

Old 12-07-2016, 07:15 PM   #18
CliffsideExotics
We were talking about breeding the lesser common species or commonly mass imported species like monitors. He's not planning to breed the rescues or anything that's already mass produced like ball pythons

Old 12-07-2016, 11:57 PM   #19
DavidBeard
Looks like a major case of compulsive liar syndrome if you ask me. Wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him.

Old 12-08-2016, 09:55 AM   #20
tim brophy
There is no such thing as a "Masters in Herpetology". The degree would be a masters in biology, zoology, maybe wildlife biology. Even major universities have very few courses in Herpetology beyond "Herpetology" itself and maybe a couple seminar type classes. This is likely just an example of a kid who started exaggerating, hoping the anonymity of FB would protect him.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!