Inquiry Randall Nash Hartdegen - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-10-2016, 09:52 PM   #51
Craig Wyatt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristi23 View Post
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I thought inquiries were to figure out if people were being shady or not. If they were trustworthy. This isn't just one post by him on a facebook page. There have been a lot of things that have blown up all over. I think it's only fair for people to know before they donate money to him. I didn't make a bad guy thread on him. Just an inquiry with his own words and the facts I've found. It's there now for people to decide what they can believe from him at this point.

I wasn't trying to compare him. I said multiple times that he needs help. I was just saying that I've seen similar behavior. That was it. I didn't say he was faking it. I asked Cher to please contact his mom with the messages he sent her.
Your not your wrong about the BOI being here for the reasons you presented. Right now it has already been stated about his donations might be for the animals and might not be. Now what changes by another person saying the same exact thing on the same thread. Once it's posted the information is here and it was posted early on. So that specific information is here to stay. What's more to gain by posting again and again. All I'm saying is the information is already in this thread.
Suicidle threats and thoughts should not be played with. Unless someone has a crystal ball and can see his actual thoughts and he's fine then why push it anymore.
The homeless population is huge where I live and if I have spare change or a few bucks I give more often than not. Are they going to buy beer or drugs I don't know I freely give it without expectations hoping it's used for good. In my gods eyes I was well intended no matter what happened to the money.
If someone wants to donate to this kid but doesn't want to give money get his address and send him some crickets or mice or a light bulb or whatever. I don't care if you donate to him or not. I just don't want to see him kill him self because this thread is overwhelming him.
Like anything some agree with me and some won't. But me posting this and my last post just feels like the right thing to do. I've had some low times in life and all I wanted was to be left alone and that's why I am encouraging it here.
Evidence is here so you can keep posting to show how right you are or simply just walk away for now. Not saying forever. Just for now.

Old 12-10-2016, 10:18 PM   #52
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Wyatt View Post
I just don't want to see him kill him self because this thread is overwhelming him.
While that would be unfortunate for those who care about him, it's lame to try to put that on Kristi or anyone else participating here. If he's really that broken - that a civil thread exposing the truth on the internet will push him over the edge - he's probably not very likely to make it far into life, anyway. Let's not forget this situation was ultimately brought about by his own choices.

The most impressive scars tend to be the ones that no one can see, and I'm sure many of us have had some pretty dark go down in our lives. Not everyone is so eager to hide behind whatever happened, though. As someone who's had a couple more decades to deal with the level of depression that he seems to be dabbling in, I'm not entirely unsympathetic. But at some point you just have to call a spade a spade - and I suspect he's fake all around. Either way, he's going to do what he's going to do and life goes on for the rest of the world. There's no real reason to change anything on his account.

Old 12-10-2016, 10:34 PM   #53
TOMMYTRADIX
Let's say i wanted to partner with him.... I would have to constantly question\worry about his mental state and his lies would associated with my name as well. Years ago i went into a partnership and my partner wasn't the friendliest person and it ended up doing harm to me and ended our friendship. People need to know these kind of things. Personally i wouldn't form a partnership over the internet and not know who I'm partnered with on a personal level.
Fangthane has no chill lol

Old 12-10-2016, 10:50 PM   #54
Craig Wyatt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangthane View Post
While that would be unfortunate for those who care about him, it's lame to try to put that on Kristi or anyone else participating here. If he's really that broken - that a civil thread exposing the truth on the internet will push him over the edge - he's probably not very likely to make it far into life, anyway. Let's not forget this situation was ultimately brought about by his own choices.

The most impressive scars tend to be the ones that no one can see, and I'm sure many of us have had some pretty dark go down in our lives. Not everyone is so eager to hide behind whatever happened, though. As someone who's had a couple more decades to deal with the level of depression that he seems to be dabbling in, I'm not entirely unsympathetic. But at some point you just have to call a spade a spade - and I suspect he's fake all around. Either way, he's going to do what he's going to do and life goes on for the rest of the world. There's no real reason to change anything on his account.
I agree with 99% of what your saying. The 1% is lame if you to think I'm trying to establish blame. So I think your misunderstanding me. I'm trying to create awareness that has already been recognized by many posters on here but some would rather just make sure they are overly heard and it's established there right.
I'm saying who cares. I am no way agreeing or disagreeing on anything posted here. Maybe everything is true. It's certainly out there now and I don't hear anything new so what's the point of repetition when something bigger could be possibly at stake. A life. I don't need to feel like I'm 100% certain that he's going to kill himself to speak up.
I new I would get backlash but that's ok with me. I'm strong and mentally stable so any anger or disagreements are ok if they are pointed at me. I'm not going to kill myself and I will not become depressed because of a disagreement. No matter any comment made by anyone about anything people are going to agree and also disagree.

Old 12-10-2016, 11:32 PM   #55
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Wyatt
The 1% is lame if you to think I'm trying to establish blame.
If establishing blame isn't what the following sentence meant to do, then it's well past the time where you should probably start putting some sincere effort into choosing your words and expressing your thoughts more effectively.
Quote:
I just don't want to see him kill him self because this thread is overwhelming him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Wyatt
He hasn't ripped anyone off all he's done to bother anyone is type on a keyboard what appears to some of you as lies. Maybe they are. I don't know and to tell you the truth if he is telling lies it does not effect my life in anyway shape or form. And I don't see how it can possibly effect anyone else's.
Luckily, something directly impacting you isn't a prerequisite for posting a BOI thread on someone. If you can't see why so many people would find his activities noteworthy, I'm not going to waste more time calling attention to the blatantly obvious. I just think you're overdoing the whole bleeding-heart thing, and you're way off-base with the blame that your words were clearly trying to assign.

Old 12-11-2016, 03:03 PM   #56
Craig Wyatt
Quote:
If establishing blame isn't what the following sentence meant to do, then it's well past the time where you should probably start putting some sincere effort into choosing your words and expressing your thoughts more effectively.

Luckily, something directly impacting you isn't a prerequisite for posting a BOI thread on someone. If you can't see why so many people would find his activities noteworthy, I'm not going to waste more time calling attention to the blatantly obvious. I just think you're overdoing the whole bleeding-heart thing, and you're way off-base with the blame that your words were clearly trying to assign.
My wording is spot on as far as I'm concerned. I can see how someone could just take my words for just simply what they are but I also see someone twisting them just enough to dramatize them. Bleeding hard- extremely over dramatizing. But that's cool. I'm a person that has a great ability to feel empathy. I'm not an old man but I'm 38 years old so I've been through some stuff in my life. I have been through like everyone else happy times, sad times but I have also been overwhelming depressed. So I can relate to a lot of emotions. I set out to put a split in the road and incourage the traffic onto my path. This is my way of diverting the negative attention and or good attention onto myself. Please forgive my empathy it's looking like maybe it's one of flaws instead of one of strengths.
As long as someone continues to keep "chasing" me I'm good.

Old 12-11-2016, 03:40 PM   #57
Fangthane
Quote:
I also see someone twisting them just enough to dramatize them.
Well, it's been pretty plainly obvious that cognition isn't one of your strengths, so maybe you actually believe your own nonsense.

Quote:
You're doing one of more obvious white knight routines I've seen on here in recent memory, yet I'm the one who's overdramatizing. Riiiiiight.

For someone who wants to make the case that this thread's existence my push the poor, depressed kid to suicide, it's kinda funny that you're doing your damnedest to keep it in the spotlight. Seems a bit counterproductive, assuming that the attention gained from simple virtue signaling isn't what you're actually after. Congratulations on playing a part in contributing to his impending demise.

Old 12-11-2016, 04:35 PM   #58
Craig Wyatt
Quote:
Well, it's been pretty plainly obvious that cognition isn't one of your strengths, so maybe you actually believe your own nonsense.

You're doing one of more obvious white knight routines I've seen on here in recent memory, yet I'm the one who's overdramatizing. Riiiiiight.

For someone who wants to make the case that this thread's existence my push the poor, depressed kid to suicide, it's kinda funny that you're doing your damnedest to keep it in the spotlight. Seems a bit counterproductive, assuming that the attention gained from simple virtue signaling isn't what you're actually after. Congratulations on playing a part in contributing to his impending demise.
I'm not a kid and reverse psychology doesn't work in me. But keep up the good chase. As long as your target stays zeroed in on me I'm getting what I came after. You can't win against someone that doesn't care if they loose. (Last sentence about loosing can be the start of your reply) You see I left my person feelings at home today. So it's the ol sticks and stones saying. Notice I have not personally attacked you after ever failed attempt to personally attack me. Keep on picking apart everything I say and I'll keep responding without using my emotions to fuel my next reply.
The ball is in my hand and as long as your eyes stay fixed on it I'm happy.

Old 12-11-2016, 04:55 PM   #59
TOMMYTRADIX
Quote:
My wording is spot on as far as I'm concerned. I can see how someone could just take my words for just simply what they are but I also see someone twisting them just enough to dramatize them. Bleeding hard- extremely over dramatizing. But that's cool. I'm a person that has a great ability to feel empathy. I'm not an old man but I'm 38 years old so I've been through some stuff in my life. I have been through like everyone else happy times, sad times but I have also been overwhelming depressed. So I can relate to a lot of emotions. I set out to put a split in the road and incourage the traffic onto my path. This is my way of diverting the negative attention and or good attention onto myself. Please forgive my empathy it's looking like maybe it's one of flaws instead of one of strengths.
This kid has almost achieved what he intended. To get someone to feel sorry for him in hopes this whole thing will go away. And what better way to do that than to threaten his own life and make the op feel somewhat responsible and try to flip it on them.
The fact remains that he has deceived tons of people. He couldn't even be honest with his almost soon to be partner. I wonder how this would've went if he didn't threaten suicide.....

Old 12-11-2016, 04:56 PM   #60
favrielle
This kid is clearly a mess, I'm pretty sure we can all agree on that.

Here's the thing... He isn't just telling a couple of friends some crazy stories or making up a fantasy to make himself feel better. He's telling people all over Facebook & reptile communities that he's 1) much older than he actually is, 2) much more educated than he actually is, 3) is engaged in serious scientific research on reptiles, the results of which will be published 4 months from now, 4) has reptiles that, as far as I know, he can't legally possess, and 4) has done other things that are questionably legal at best, but that's ok because all herpetologists do illegal things. He's also soliciting money for his "rescue" to his personal paypal address and to a gofundme, and #1-3 (maybe even 4) above make it more likely that people will be taken in by his appeals to help out.

I'd say this inquiry thread is entirely valid, and a good warning to check into anyone before you send them/their business/their "rescue" or organization money. Randall Nash Hartdegan is clearly NOT everything he says he is... whether that's because he's intentionally out to defraud people, or because he is young & stupid/mentally ill/what-have-you, that doesn't change the fact that people within the community might not want to get entangled with him.

Thanks, Kristi, for putting this out there.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!