Bad Guy Christopher Davis (calebroad) - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-18-2016, 03:12 PM   #51
tlmoon
While I don't think this needed to be a bad guy thread (maybe an info thread at most), in re-reading the conversation it looks like Calebroad threatened first to "post this conversation on the forums" so perhaps the OP was trying to head that off and get his end posted first.

I think both parties could have simply walked away but honestly Christopher, this started due to your weird texts that no one could have understood. The OP politely told you that due to your odd communications he didn't trust you and didn't want to do business with you. You took offense, which I can understand, but his concern was based on what you wrote. A more useful response from you to him might have been something like, "I'm sorry I wasn't clear - typing on my phone. My name is...and I'm established in the turtle industry. I have references available...could we discuss what morphs you have available?" Or whatever. You chose to get snarky first and unless I'm not understanding the conversation right, you threatened to post this first.

So, I don't think you did anything to be a "bad guy" BUT, you appear to be difficult to communicate with and quick to take offense. It's not really making you look good. I appreciate that you seem to have taken to heart what some posters mentioned about your communication style, but I encourage you to look at what lead up to this being posted on the BOI and reflect on how you could have handled it differently. If nothing else, the OP lost a customer and you lost a potential purchase (I assume you are on his Do Not Sell To list now).

Old 12-18-2016, 04:58 PM   #52
calebroad
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlmoon View Post
While I don't think this needed to be a bad guy thread (maybe an info thread at most), in re-reading the conversation it looks like Calebroad threatened first to "post this conversation on the forums" so perhaps the OP was trying to head that off and get his end posted first.

I think both parties could have simply walked away but honestly Christopher, this started due to your weird texts that no one could have understood. The OP politely told you that due to your odd communications he didn't trust you and didn't want to do business with you. You took offense, which I can understand, but his concern was based on what you wrote. A more useful response from you to him might have been something like, "I'm sorry I wasn't clear - typing on my phone. My name is...and I'm established in the turtle industry. I have references available...could we discuss what morphs you have available?" Or whatever. You chose to get snarky first and unless I'm not understanding the conversation right, you threatened to post this first.

So, I don't think you did anything to be a "bad guy" BUT, you appear to be difficult to communicate with and quick to take offense. It's not really making you look good. I appreciate that you seem to have taken to heart what some posters mentioned about your communication style, but I encourage you to look at what lead up to this being posted on the BOI and reflect on how you could have handled it differently. If nothing else, the OP lost a customer and you lost a potential purchase (I assume you are on his Do Not Sell To list now).
I understand, yes I did consider posting this on the BOI. But after careful consideration. I realized there was no merit, and my posting the conversation would be unfounded. So I chose not to post, however, Ross Baker posted it, and he apologized, and he admitted he jumped the gun, and he admitted it was not worthy of the BOI. Then he left the conversation not to return. Some warriors have relentlessly continued to post comments, even though the op himself has bailed.

I likely could have been more clear about the turtle I wanted. I'm completely stunned Ross Baker reacted so dramatically, and that so many lives have been touched by Ross Baker not understanding a message, that I sent of which was not properly grammertized.

My hope is that we can all move on, find strength this holiday season to allow that grammar error, to pass on, perhaps we can all settle down and allow the epic grammar mis-appropriation on my part, go away without further problems.

I'm likely to check and double check grammar, if somebody came on this BOI and said Chris is a bad guy because I heard static on the phone while speaking to him. There would be two or three warriors, sitting on the BOI ready to attack.

Ross Baker has completely made a mockery of the BOI, himself, and those who support his grammar error campaign. Mr. Beard is extremely locked on to the grammar error, then constantly reverts back to a bout, that I had with a moderator, a long time ago.

Some folks are on here simply to argue, or attack, keyboard warriors find pleasure in drama and slinging mud. I appreciate you kindly pointing out your perspective on the matter.

And hopefully the grammar error can soon be forgotten, and life can move on. I am not being mean in any way. I find this forum intriguing. But also I wish it would be used correctly, so that valid claims can be found in the mix.

Stephen Brenner in Miami, Florida brazenly stole a $4,000.00 turtle from me, and then immediately used my bout with a moderator, as a satisfactory fustification for the theft.

Any way, have a wonderful Christmas!

Old 12-18-2016, 05:15 PM   #53
calebroad
would it be a bad idea, to go on the forum and make a bad guy thread against Ross Baker d/b/a Oxbow Reptiles, for going on the BOI, and making a false bad guy thread against Christopher Davis?

Since he made a complete mockery out of the boi, himself, and his supporters

Old 12-18-2016, 05:37 PM   #54
calebroad
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebroad View Post
would it be a bad idea, to go on the forum and make a bad guy thread against Ross Baker d/b/a Oxbow Reptiles, for going on the BOI, and making a false bad guy thread against Christopher Davis?

Since he made a complete mockery out of the boi, himself, and his supporters
I would like to retract this statement, for I would never make a mockery of the BOI, myself, and those who support me, by posting something that does not merit BOI. This topic would not be worthy of posting, therefore, I will retract the above statement as to respect anyones time, who might read the BOI section.

Old 12-19-2016, 08:25 AM   #55
AllisonLeigh
You need to simmer down, you're doing more damage to your reputation with your over reactive responses than the OP's post did in the first place.

He called you a scammer... not how I would have responded as a business , but I would have thought the same thing if I received the initial inquiry you sent. You both could have laughed about it after, and probably worked out a deal, but instead you got all worked up and had to give the value of your house? Seriously, don't get so worked up! I agree this didn't warrant a bad guy thread, but you did threaten to post it first so you planted the seed and are now mad it grew?

Old 12-19-2016, 12:44 PM   #56
SiXandSeven8ths
For a 35 y/o you sure sound like a toddler. Grow up.

Old 12-19-2016, 01:19 PM   #57
Lucille
This is not a criticism, it is merely an observation: Whether or not the thread was deserved, it is here, and has to be dealt with.
I think if one wants long ago missteps forgotten, what better way to encourage that than by showing some forbearance? This thread need not be ignored, but one could say something appropriate about it, and then move on.

If Chris could model forgiveness for others as far as personal matters go, he might end up reaping the same for himself.

Old 12-19-2016, 07:39 PM   #58
SofaKing
Hey Chris, you sure are doing alot of whining and babbling on here while complaining about others.. Do you need a midol or something..

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!