Bill Leverton SCAMMER beware - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-11-2005, 02:13 PM   #41
KelliH
Something else that disturbs me is that when you were questioned about this on Reptibid in the Q & A section of the auction, you (Bill) state:

Quote:
Lee you really do need to explain what your saying about me, Yes i did buy a 2' hypo Dh from you(which was lost in transit) But this is not a hypo this is a barely 18" 100% Dh Im selling so please explain.And to say I finally got caught what did I get caught at?????
Does anyone else see what is bothering me in the above statement? A double het ghost Bci has to be a hypo, right? Someone confirm this for me please, my brain still isn't functioning properly.

Old 07-11-2005, 02:18 PM   #42
BenSiegelReptiles
both animals are hypos

both animals are hypos--terminology can be confusing when mixing codoms--the absolute proper term would be hypo het anery--both snakes in question are hypos---because both snakes in question are the same snake.

Old 07-11-2005, 02:24 PM   #43
pch101
Yes a DH ghost is hypo as the het form of this mutation still displays hypomelanism (if homozygous, it would be a superhypo). And yes the snake in both pics is a hypo. as for the size thing. We are talking about 6 inches, and Lee may have just guessed at it. It is not at all unusual for that sort of thing to happen. In fact, I have found that most people do not tape measure their snakes, they just give it their best guess.

Old 07-11-2005, 02:25 PM   #44
pch101
You beat me to it Ben. I have slow fingers...

Old 07-11-2005, 02:25 PM   #45
KelliH
Quote:
both animals are hypos--terminology can be confusing when mixing codoms--the absolute proper term would be hypo het anery--both snakes in question are hypos---because both snakes in question are the same snake.
Thanks for the clarification Ben.

Old 07-11-2005, 02:27 PM   #46
pch101
"Lee you really do need to explain what your saying about me, Yes i did buy a 2' hypo Dh from you(which was lost in transit) But this is not a hypo this is a barely 18" 100% Dh Im selling so please explain.And to say I finally got caught what did I get caught at????? " quote from Reptibid Q&A by Bill Leverton

I have to say this does not look good at all.

Old 07-11-2005, 02:33 PM   #47
critical bill
Posture of the snake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH
That is the same boa, I agree 100% with what Ben said in his post. There are way too many identical markings!

Bill, if that is not the same snake, why Pay Pal the $200? Wouldn't you rather prove that it is not the same snake and that you are not a "scammer" as the title of this post suggests?

If you are sure it is not the same snake, borrow a digital camera, take photos from all angles, especially similar angles as the original pics sent to you of the snake that you say escaped out of the UPS box. Surely someone you know has a digital camera?
I have to agree with Kelli. I've been overlaying and merging the photos pretty much since the photos were posted. They do appear identical.

It leads me to believe that if this animal is photographed in a different "posture", not so much angle or camera position, that it might reveal this is the same snake.

Bill, if you cant borrow a digital camera than just pick up a few good disposables and have them processed to CD. You'll be able to post the pictures that way at far less the cost of buying a new digital or the hassle of having to borrow one.

Old 07-11-2005, 02:34 PM   #48
Bill_Leverton
To be honest I don't really know what else to say on this whole thing, I presented all I have in the way of proof and by me offering to send the money to Lee makes me look guilty then so be it. I will admit that I don't Know as much about genetics as I should, I can only go by what people tell me DH- Hypo I guess I need to take a step back and become more knowledgable before I try to sell the snakes I have

Old 07-11-2005, 02:34 PM   #49
BenSiegelReptiles
i gotta say i feel bad for lee

i feel for you-i do not know if we have ever talked or met or done business, but i know exactly how you feel--intial exhiliration and then anger. I love 99.9 of my customers--most of them are good repeat people that i talk to and like to meet at shows. I have become friendly with many of them. However there is always that one in a million who just the thought of there name makes you burn. In ways i am envious of lee(the fact that he was able to compare photos).

Old 07-11-2005, 02:44 PM   #50
Golden Gate Geckos
Bill, I'm afraid you really need to take some more pics of that snake as well as the box it was shipped in before this is going to go away.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!