Beware: Of Reptileguru. - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-25-2006, 07:06 PM   #11
David Scarboro
It seems...

The Seller has offered you a full refund including return shipping. If you don't accept those terms, then asking for a partial refund while keeping the animal in question doesn't fly. JMHO

Old 01-25-2006, 07:21 PM   #12
PaulSage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Cox
Why on earth would anyone knowingly purchase a snake with mites!! Not to mention a boa with mites!! Talk about stupid!! Good god!!
Laura, that's a good point. But when I read the first post as well as Prehistoric's reply, I had the opposing question in my head: Why on Earth would anyone knowingly SHIP a snake with mites?! (especially a boa)

Regardless of who said what and what should be done, the fact that a snake that was known to have mites was shipped bothers me the most. Mites are tiny, and I don't doubt that they can get out of a shipping box while in transit. Let's hope there wasn't a box of un-infested boids next to it on the plane.

Old 01-25-2006, 07:22 PM   #13
Zoo Supply
I gotta go with prehistoric here.... If a full refund is offered then it is up to the purchase at that point. if you choose to keep the snake out of "emotional" reasons as it seems you have here, then you are only inviting more problems. If for instance you saw a decrepit dying animal in a local pet shop...it is advisable to not buy it to try to save the animal...seems too many people do this then get upset when it dies on them at home.
This does not mean that AJ or jim sell animals like this, just a for instance. If you are unhappy, send it back.
TOM

Old 01-25-2006, 07:33 PM   #14
prehistoric
Pics

I will post the pictures he sent me. I do not believe these pictures at all. Why would you keep a snake that had this many mites? Then only ask for a partial refund…It doesn’t add up. I soaked the snake, treated it with mite off, and wiped it clean with a towel. I would never send a snake like this. But I agree, one mite is one to many and I apologize. I will stand by my offer of a FULL REFUND.

Thank you,
Jim Alles
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 01-25-2006, 07:38 PM   #15
Dennis Hultman
If you will not send the snake back,
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnjreptile
I was no way in hell going to send him back to that horrible environment.
Then what the heck does this mean?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnjreptile
We never said we are going to do a charge back and keep the snake. My wife said she was going to do a charge back if you didn't correct the situation.

He already told you he was not going to give you a partial refund. One would have to assume Jim told it like it is. You threatened to charge back the animal and you weren’t going to send it back.

With threats of thievery, you have no room to complain about anything

Old 01-25-2006, 07:40 PM   #16
liquidleaf
Was the photo of the bag the only photo? Was that the type of bag you shipped it in?

Old 01-25-2006, 07:43 PM   #17
prehistoric
Pics

The pictures of the bag were the only pictures I received.

Old 01-25-2006, 07:44 PM   #18
The BoidSmith
Jim,

Was the boa kept in those enclosures that are shown in the picture? If it was you will probably have a nasty battle ahead. That closeness between cages can have your whole store infested in no time. For the rest of your animals (and your) sake I only hope the boa was in another room or you had just received it.

Regards

Old 01-25-2006, 07:53 PM   #19
liquidleaf
Without more photos (as in, the actual snake), it's impossible to tell WHAT was in that bag. It was mentioned that the customer already was working to eradicate their own case of mites.

If treating a snake with lots of mites, versus one with a few, is very similar..... you already resigned yourself to treating the snake (hence your refusal to have the sale canceled or treatment precede shipping), so if there is not a huge difference treating different amounts of mites... seems fishy.

Please provide photos of the mites on the animal in question. Hopefully you didn't just take that one photo of the bag... and then treat the snake without photographing IT? How are we to believe the snake was as bad as you say?

Old 01-25-2006, 08:07 PM   #20
jnjreptile
I have posted the pictures of the mites in the gallery. I do not know how to upload the link or how to post it on this thread. As far as Jim saying:
Quote:
Originally Posted by prehistoric
I’ve seen their pictures and personally I don’t believe them. That snake did not have that many mites on it.
Why would I go through all of this trouble if the mites were not from him. As far as sending him back and getting a full refund. I will say it again. If he was letting the snake sit in that many mies without treatment then why would I send it back to be in those conditions again. I asked for a partial refund because I will not send the snake back to be in a condition where he will not be treated for his bad mite problem, but I also do not believe I should have to pay full price for a mite infested snake.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!