Good Guy Andrew Schnell username aschnell, Great Guy!!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-21-2011, 11:35 AM   #1
AltitudeExotics
Andrew Schnell username aschnell, Great Guy!!!!

I have done business a number of times with Andrew, and thought it about time I write up a good guy post for him.

I have bought a number of animals from him, and me and him have worked other deals on buying other animals together. I have never had any problems sending or recieving money from him, nor have I ever had any problems sending him or recieving animals from him. All the animals I have gotten from him have been in perfect health, and have some of the best appitite's and growth rates of all the animals I own.

Andrew's knowldge of how to care for the sepcies, and knowldge of geckos in general is top notch, and he was been a great help to me when it comes to leachianus.

Buy with confidence from Andrew Schnell! You will not regret it!!

Old 11-21-2011, 11:41 AM   #2
kkreptiles
I have not personally dealt with Andrew as of yet, but I've talked with him a few times about his animals and every time he was polite and helpful and even referred me to you, Brian. Andrew is a great guy from what I've seen and I hope to do business with him in the future, maybe next year

Old 11-21-2011, 02:54 PM   #3
Ed Clark
More Andrew Schnell. start with post 544.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=232090

Old 11-21-2011, 03:00 PM   #4
kkreptiles
I've been keeping up with that thread and honestly I think who cares. He's got his own reasons for his actions, but overall even after seeing that thread, he seems to be a good guy, knows his stuff, and cares about his animals. We all make mistakes. He should've checked the BOI, yes, but you know what, that's his fault for not checking if something does happen. He learns from it. If he lied about it, again, that's for him to know about. He made a deal with someone, is trying to fix it, and probably didn't want everyone to know about it. I really don't give two craps though. The type of people he deals with doesn't matter to me since he's a very reputable breeder, nice and knowledgeable guy overall, and has very nice animals.

Old 11-21-2011, 03:10 PM   #5
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkreptiles View Post
I really don't give two craps though. The type of people he deals with doesn't matter to me since he's a very reputable breeder, nice and knowledgeable guy overall, and has very nice animals.
Breeder? you are some what confused.

Andrew bought Max from AC then flipped him to Chad for a huge profit, then he lied about it.

Old 11-21-2011, 03:15 PM   #6
kkreptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark View Post
Andrew bought Max from AC then flipped him to Chad for a huge profit, then he lied about it.
You've flipped several animals yourself, Ed, so I wouldn't be talking.

And again I don't care. It's not my business - that goes for anyone doing such thing. Once you sell an animal to someone with no contract, you have the right to do as you wish, IMHO. Now if Andrew had a contract with Max, then ok I see a problem.
Unless you come up with a contract stating that you are not allowed to turn around and resell the animal, I see no fault in it. If he wants to lie about it, fine, that's what he wants to do - it'll hurt his reputation, but that's at his stake.

Old 11-21-2011, 03:20 PM   #7
Ed Clark
Matthew, reselling an animal is not a crime as long as the seller is up front with any info requested. once the lying starts as it did with Andrew then it starts to get shady.

Old 11-21-2011, 03:22 PM   #8
kkreptiles
Agreed Ed, but there is a point where Andrew can explain his intentions and everything can be healed. Even if a slow process.

IMO, Andrew didn't lie about anything that's gonna sway my wants of buying from him someday. He lied, it's shady, whatever. But no one was hurt, the animal isn't hurt.. Max may never be returned, but that's the risk Andrew took and that's the risk he has to deal with himself.

Old 11-21-2011, 03:26 PM   #9
Spyral
I believe that Andrew's main breeding projects are for R. leachianus, not cresties. Not going to fault him on "flipping" - the animals were in his care for several months, they were not turned around quickly.

I do find it a little bit concerning that he lied about having sold the animals, but not enough to make him a "bad guy" in my opinion. Neither does selling animals to a labeled "bad guy" whether or not you've researched them on the BOI.

Old 11-21-2011, 03:27 PM   #10
kkreptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyral View Post
I do find it a little bit concerning that he lied about having sold the animals, but not enough to make him a "bad guy" in my opinion. Neither does selling animals to a labeled "bad guy" whether or not you've researched them on the BOI.
This is basically my thoughts on the matter said much more simply.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!