Bad Guy Richard Beasley www.richbeasley.com - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-11-2012, 02:52 PM   #1
reaperreptiles
Richard Beasley www.richbeasley.com

we purchased a female bearded dragon from Rich Beasley reptiles 2 months ago. we were infrmedthat the reptile was ingood health, had a minor tail nip, and that she was one of his hold backs that he planned to breed but had to slim down his breeding stock due to a move coming up. when the dragon came in it was poorly packaged. the animals tail is kinked and distorted. and sh has a deformed jawbone and underbite. We the try to contact Mr.Beasley several times to no avail. ater having my vet look ovr her she is diagnosed wth MBD and has to be put on a calcium regiment. Now to my understanding these things should have been noted when the animal was being sold. There i no way this animal should have been sold as a breeder quality animal. it was barely at PET standards when recieved. It is also my belief that the seller should have at least answered the questions we had about the animal after the purchase. AND why shipping a reptile took almost a week, with no "fragile" or "live animal" markings on the box. i would come t expect better from someone with a reputation for outstanding red dragons.

-Nicholas and Cheyenne Badolato

Old 04-11-2012, 02:57 PM   #2
AGoodwin
You'll want to post any correspondences here, as well as vet papers. Any proof you can provide to support your claim.

Old 04-11-2012, 04:04 PM   #3
tundradragons
I've seen photos of the dragon itself and I can confirm a kinked tail and misaligned jaw. looks to me like the animal had MBD at one time honestly.

Old 04-11-2012, 04:26 PM   #4
Reptilecam
Pictures,emails, texts or such would help a lot.

Old 04-11-2012, 05:20 PM   #5
reaperreptiles
i am currently working on posting pics. computer is not in the best of shape right now but im determined to get these up.

Old 04-11-2012, 05:35 PM   #6
reaperreptiles

these are the pictures i took of her. ill post her breeder pic in a moment as well as emails trying to contact him

Old 04-11-2012, 05:54 PM   #7
reaperreptiles
------------------------------------------------------------
To: rich@richbeasley.com
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2012 11:01 PM
Subject: ADF6

Hello Rich, just saw you added new dragons to your website. I have been looking for a nice orange/red adult female for a while now, I really want ADF6. What is your policy on 'holds' or partial payment. I definitely want her but I don't get paid until this friday. Thanks so much!

Cheyenne Badolato
cheyennembadolato@aol.com

-----Original Message-----
To: Cheyenne Badolato <cheyennembadolato@aol.com>
Sent: Tue, Mar 13, 2012 12:04 am
Subject: Re: ADF6

Shoot me a few dollars to my paypal at rich@richbeasley.com and I'll go mark her sold. Shipping is $40 so just at that for a total and send me the balance Friday. We'll schedule shipment for next week.

Thanks

Rich
------------------------------------------------------------
To: rich_beasley@yahoo.com
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2012 11:13 PM

Fantastic! Has she ever been bred before?

Cheyenne Badolato

Sent: Tue, Mar 13, 2012 12:14 am

Nope. I was raising her up for me, but with the move I have to lighten the load a bit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: rich_beasley@yahoo.com
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2012 11:26 PM

Just sent you $50 via paypal. will be under username cheyennemnelson@aol.com, thanks so much Rich! I will send you the remaining balance friday morning and we will work out shipping. Thanks again!

Cheyenne Badolato
Great, thanks again Rich! And just to clarify she a is cawley
red/hypored/ OGG at 15-16 inches. About how old is she?

Cheyenne Badolato

Sent: Thu, Mar 15, 2012 9:08 pm

Hey Rich, just a question about the girl I bought from you. Was she
born with the underbite? I was hoping to breed her later this year but
I don't want to pass on defects if she was born with this. Thanks.

Cheyenne Badolato

Sent: Thu, Mar 15, 2012 9:08 pm

Hey rich I was wondering. Her tail is really kinked and her jaw looks pretty crooked. I was under the impression that she was breeding stock? Im really conscerned about this. could you contact me asap?
Cheyenne Badolato

To:Richard Beasley <rich_beasley@yahoo.com>
Sent: Sat, Mar 17, 2012 7:03 pm

I understand if your busy with the move and all but this is important to us. Our vet has told us we need to put her on a calcium regiment due to MBD. shes an absolute sweetheart but this really isn't what we were looking for when we purchased her.

Cheyenne Badolato

To: Richard Beasley <rich_beasley@yahoo.com>
Sent: Sun, April 01, 2012 8:45 PM
Subject: RE: ADF6

Old 04-11-2012, 06:13 PM   #8
AGoodwin
Thanks for posting the pics and emails. That really helps. That tail looks nasty. So it seems that he did not disclose her health issues, and stopped all contact once you paid. Although I am not trying to downplay this situation, I am not seeing where he told you she was in good health. I do not even see mention of the tail nip. I do however see where he stated he had planned to keep and breed her. Can you please tell us where the good health statement was made?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaperreptiles View Post
we purchased a female bearded dragon from Rich Beasley reptiles 2 months ago. we were infrmedthat the reptile was ingood health, had a minor tail nip, and that she was one of his hold backs that he planned to breed but had to slim down his breeding stock due to a move coming up. when the dragon came in it was poorly packaged. the animals tail is kinked and distorted. and sh has a deformed jawbone and underbite. We the try to contact Mr.Beasley several times to no avail. ater having my vet look ovr her she is diagnosed wth MBD and has to be put on a calcium regiment. Now to my understanding these things should have been noted when the animal was being sold. There i no way this animal should have been sold as a breeder quality animal. it was barely at PET standards when recieved. It is also my belief that the seller should have at least answered the questions we had about the animal after the purchase. AND why shipping a reptile took almost a week, with no "fragile" or "live animal" markings on the box. i would come t expect better from someone with a reputation for outstanding red dragons.

-Nicholas and Cheyenne Badolato

Old 04-11-2012, 07:06 PM   #9
reaperreptiles
yes it was actually on his price list that it stated that. i didnt think i would have to do this since my wife assured me that she had been well informed that this was a reputable breeder. she did all of the dealings with him. with her being in basic training right now i witnessed everything go down of course (i watch my money carefully) just wanted to be sure to warn and post my bad experience with this breeder. i do not plan on purchasing from him again. i will see if i somehow find the forsale link for her. it has been about a month though

Old 04-11-2012, 11:33 PM   #10
SnakeEyesExotics
I have known Rich and his wife Sue for a while, and this doesn't seem like something he would do. He has always treated us and other people right, and I have yet to hear of any bad experiences before this thread. There are two sides to every story, and I have informed him of this thread.

I hope you guys can get this resolved.

Anya Hogan

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!