Bad Guy Richard Beasley www.richbeasley.com - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-12-2012, 02:42 AM   #21
DragonkeepersDungeon
I Have a dragon from Rich as well.

I bought a female cawley red hypo het for clear nail ogg purplepatch trans. x ogg lavender female from him last year. named her Athena. She's doing great. was a little late on the shipping. but other than that it went well. Although i too had a no contact issue after i recieved.... i asked what her hatch date was never got a response. but she is an awesome dragon!! i am very pleased to have her.. although she was on the aggressive side and ate my leather's foot... other than that... she was in great health and was packed correctly.

Old 04-12-2012, 02:46 AM   #22
DragonkeepersDungeon
Not saying it didnt happen.. i am just stating that my experience was fine ..besides no knowing her birthday!!

Old 04-12-2012, 03:01 AM   #23
AGoodwin
I would say that cutting off contact as soon as the animal is shipped and refusing to answer even a simple question such as the birth date is anything but a fine experience. It seems like once he gets paid, he doesn't care about his customers.

Old 04-12-2012, 03:24 AM   #24
DragonkeepersDungeon
Yes but there could have been technical problems where he never got the message.. i never did try to get ahold of him after that. .. i just sent him an email again tonight... (shes almost ready for breeding) so we'll see if he responds or not. who knows why he didnt for sure or not?
My dragon is Fine exactly what i purchased he did tell me about 6 weeks old before i purchased.. i just wanted to know a timeframe. BUT Hey Im Glad i got her...Shes awesome.. Ill post pics in a day or so

Old 04-12-2012, 04:09 AM   #25
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonkeepersDungeon View Post
Yes but there could have been technical problems where he never got the message..
Ignoring one person's concerns immediately after the sale could be a simple technical problem. Having two people come forward to say they were ignored could be taken as the beginnings of showing an established behavioral pattern regarding certain buyers. Proper communication practices are an essential part of doing good business, in general. Factor in the anonymous and inflectionless nature of cyber-space, and the likelihood that the involved parties know nothing more of each other than what characters on a monitor can convey, proper communication becomes even more crucial in this type of business dealing.

It's uncanny how the important emails, those concerned with potential purchase inquiries and payments, as well as notifications of a BOI thread, generally seem to find their way to the inbox in a timely manner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenkznza
I don't look at the BOI often as I feel the whole concept of allowing open attacks on individuals and businesses places everyone involved on a very slippery slope.
The lack this type of venue, designed to do nothing more than enforce some sense of accountability throught peer pressure, sounds preferable to you? An absolute lack of recourse regarding poor business practices seems like much more treacherous footing to me.

This isn't an "attack" on you, and with the information provided so far, I can't say you've done anything wrong here, but I choose to believe that those who ultimately do the right thing, need not fear the BOI.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:12 AM   #26
AndreaH
Can you please post the vet records for this dragon? I have bought many dragons off of Rich and the only problem I ever had was Nebula (hypo pastel female) actually turned out to be a male who is now named Bane. He always contacted me the day they were shipped and always the day they were to arrive to make sure that my babies were good from the shipping and not to stressed out. I also know for a fact that Rich doesnt like to comment on the BIO unless necessary not out of fear, but out of respect for all breeders and buyers.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:27 AM   #27
AndreaH
Oh and I almost forgot......Starfire which is one of my babies that I held back for future breeding also has a tail kink. Not from lack of calcium but when she hatched from her egg she had the longest tail I had ever seen on a baby dragon before, so I think it got cramped. Im not a vet or anything, but that was the only abnormal thing compared to her clutch mates. As for the misaligned jaw which is visible with your photos I do agree that it is possible that its MBD.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!