An unusual find today in PA - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Field Collecting/Observing

Notices

Field Collecting/Observing Sightings of herps in the wild, where-tos and how-tos, as well as photos of herps in their native environment.

Old 04-01-2006, 07:06 PM   #1
TrpnBils
An unusual find today in PA

All I've been able to find so far this year is salamanders. Today, I found this erythristic redback under the first log that I flipped. According to Dr. Art Hulse's book "Amphibians and Reptiles of Pennsylvania and the Northeast", there were only a handful of reports of erythristics during the several year long survey of PA herps....and they were from the whole way across the state from where I'm at.

Old 04-01-2006, 07:16 PM   #2
Traci1
Congrats on that neat find! Very interesting!

Old 04-01-2006, 07:19 PM   #3
Rebel Dragons
Thats awesome!!! Where did you happen to come across it?

Old 04-01-2006, 07:24 PM   #4
TrpnBils
In the woods somewhere southeast of Erie... I'm not trying to be secretive about the specific location, I just don't know any more specifics than that...lol. Today was my only day off for 12 weeks so I decided to make the most of it and herp as much as possible just by driving on back roads outside of the city.

Old 04-01-2006, 07:43 PM   #5
markface
congrats on the find . i'm hoping to get out this week sometime and do a little looking around .

Old 04-01-2006, 07:53 PM   #6
John N
Awesome find! Does any one know of any good herping places in Lancaster PA?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!