Good Guy Underground Reptiles - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-04-2010, 05:51 PM   #1
lizardman1234
Arrow Underground Reptiles

I Got My Red Eye Croc Skinks on Time and In Good Condition
Good Service, Very helpful and answered my questions
Thanks Guys

Old 08-04-2010, 05:54 PM   #2
VinnyButch
Thumbs up Underground Reptiles

I just bought a skunk from Underground Reptiles, and every bit of the transaction was great. The animal is fantastic and the guys there were really nice and very helpful. Underground gets a big thumbs up from me!!

Vin Buccigrossi

Old 08-04-2010, 06:31 PM   #3
Maldesto
I think their very professional, only problem is, i've complained 20 + times on his picture quality that he needs to upload different pictures BIGGER ONES. He just tells me to go to kingsnake if i want to see them. I'm not on kingsnake im on FAUNA

Old 08-04-2010, 07:38 PM   #4
Harpy254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldesto View Post
I think their very professional, only problem is, i've complained 20 + times on his picture quality that he needs to upload different pictures BIGGER ONES. He just tells me to go to kingsnake if i want to see them. I'm not on kingsnake im on FAUNA

I agree! It's frustrating to look at an ad I'm interested in and see a tiny little picture.

Old 08-04-2010, 10:29 PM   #5
Maldesto
Honestly, my dad has wanted to buy several of their reptiles/animals, and said if they can't post quality pictures they can't get his business.

Old 08-05-2010, 01:47 PM   #6
UndergroundReptiles
Hey guys we thank you for your feedback and are working on making changes to our ads. We are also always happy to email larger pictures upon request. Thank you.

Ryan Borkan
Underground Reptiles
(954)428-8005

Old 09-01-2010, 06:54 PM   #7
Tenor Goddess
Got my frilled dragon in...

First off let me say I'm very happy with my wee frilled dragon I just got in from Underground Reptiles.

Aside from feeling kinda like maybe I was irritating Ryan by asking questions, the transaction went smoothly. Again, I'm NOT badmouthing them, I got what I wanted in a lovely frilled, just sharing my transaction experience.
I mention it because every time I asked a specific question, I'd get a reply back in a one liner stating a roundabout answer such as when I asked what he (or rather the group he's in with) were feeding on if it was just crickets or did he also eat mealworms, etc (which I had to ask twice)...I got back a statement of 2 weeks old crickets, phoenix worms, mealworms and waxworms are all great for feeding. I asked what "this" baby was eating, not what would make good feeders. Yeah I might have just read it wrong, but the entire transaction conversation just seemed like it felt as though I was treated like I was only buying something relatively cheap so details were not a have to....again, I could've misread all that but it's fine. I did get my answers eventually
When the little guy was offered food, he completely ignored every insect I offered but jumped head over heels for the crickets. Again, not griping, just would've been nice to know. I'm sure no doubt he'll take more bugs of different types soon.
Aside from that, I asked 3 times for a tracking # after confirming my address and being told he was shipped out. The day he was to arrive 10:30am rolled along and no frilled dragon. I got a little worried so I emailed Ryan asking if he was in fact shipped since I never got a tracking # to find out for myself and FedEx was late.
He emailed me back with here is the tracking #. So, again, was my dragon being late his fault? Of course not. FedEx was running stupid late and had a mixup where the truck left before it got officially loaded up.
Just a bit irritated I had to ask three times for the tracking # and I'm just really surprised he did arrive alive given that although the box was labeled correctly with the arrows up and perishable, there were large lacerated holes on every single side except the top and bottom that looked like someone took a steak knife to it (a couple had thusly gotten hit probably by another box so you could see inside the box). The box itself was not lined with any sort of styro to offer more protection and no heat pack was included. My frilled arrived in a deli cup with a wet paper towel and butcher-type paper was the only thing that protected him from moving around in the box (thank goodness). My frilled was consequently pretty chilly when removed since he had the wet paper towel in there with him and endured at least two flights (Florida to Texas, then on to California).
So, bottom line, I'm a little irritated that he was packaged so poorly but he arrived fine, which is the most important part.

Will I buy from them again? Well, if I can be guaranteed that the box will be styro-lined as it says on their site and given a tracking # the night they are shipped, more than likely. ;D
I know things go on, things happen with people so his lack of attention to details in our transaction conversation could've been related to something going on in his life but still.

The dragon looks well taken care of though so again, thumbs up for getting what I ordered, a healthy, fat little dragon.

Kindest regards,

Amanda Rose

Old 09-01-2010, 07:23 PM   #8
UndergroundReptiles
Hey Amanda I'm glad to hear that the frilled arrive in great shape. I'm sorry though you felt that I was being short. As far as the diet goes I told you what exactly we were feeding our frilleds. The reason I gave you the whole list of what they ate is because I really have no way of knowing which frilled prefers which insect most. I'm sorry if it seemed I was short but next time give me a call. I am on the internet and emails all day long so I have adapted my righting at times to be short(not because I'm irritated) for time sake. I assure you if you ever talk to me on the phone you won't think I'm a mean guy. LOL. As far as the animal being shipped, even though I do answer emails and pm's six days a week I wasn't in stor on at the time your order went out to personally pack it. I'm not sure why your package did not have styro, but I know that we monitor temps very closely before shipping and taking any and all necessary precautions in shipping our animals. We guarantee live arrival and healthy arrival and if there is ever a problem with an animal we replace or refund. That being said that might help account for why there was moist paper towel with your little frill. Anyways if there any questions you may have or any way I can further help you in the future just let me know. Give me a call at (954)428-8005, and ask for Ryan Borkan or email me. Thank you and we appreciate your business.

Old 09-01-2010, 07:58 PM   #9
radiant dragons
i gotta say ryan has always answered emails and talked on the phone with me for awhile lol never seemed rushed even though i have never bought anything from them definately thumbs up to underground ryan and the staff is very helpful

Old 09-01-2010, 08:39 PM   #10
Tenor Goddess
Howdy Ryan,

That actually explains a lot. I felt through the emails that you might be too busy for a phone call. Having worked in a retail animal store before, I know how hectic things can be, hence, why I stuck with emails.
I don't think you are a "mean" guy though Ryan. Thank you oodles though for clearing up the confusion. I really do appreciate it.

Next time, I will just phone my order in with you to avoid any misread emails. That's one reason I really dislike emails, as so many things can be misinterpreted with the lack of emotions that emails have.

Kindest regards,

Amanda

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!