Bad Guy Underground Reptiles - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-12-2010, 03:58 PM   #1
Noskire
Underground Reptiles

Word of caution to those who would buy a Frilled Dragon from them. Mine came sick and then died. That may be a reason they are selling them for less than anyone else. I bought mine for $99 plus $50 shipping and their only offer was to give me $25 off another one which is what they are now selling them for.

Old 08-12-2010, 04:13 PM   #2
Utta
post email and any proof you have

Also let them know of this thread

Old 08-12-2010, 04:46 PM   #3
MikeRusso
Sorry for your loss, but for anyone here to offer an opinion on this issue you will need to provide some sort of proof... A timeline, when you paid, ship date, when you alerted the seller, any vet visit dates, date of death, all emails between you and the seller, and photos of this sick animal and/or vet bills you may have.

Also, please contact the seller and let them know that you have started this thread about this transaction.

I think you said it already, but when something looks to good to be true it usually is...

Good Luck!

~ Mike Russo

Old 08-12-2010, 05:25 PM   #4
JordanAng420
First off, was it labeled captive bred or wild caught? Did you check? How long after arrival did it pass away? Did you read their TOS?

You need to provide WAY more information to really make a point. Post EVERYTHING you have that proves your case. I'm interested in hearing what Underground has to say....I hope you informed them of this thread.

Old 08-12-2010, 05:34 PM   #5
chamgirl99471
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanAng420 View Post
First off, was it labeled captive bred or wild caught? Did you check? How long after arrival did it pass away? Did you read their TOS?

You need to provide WAY more information to really make a point. Post EVERYTHING you have that proves your case. I'm interested in hearing what Underground has to say....I hope you informed them of this thread.

What She said

Old 08-12-2010, 07:00 PM   #6
MDC_Ophiuchus
Without making any assumptions on either party, it should be known that frilled dragons are not a 'beginner species." Although related to bearded dragons, their care requirements are very different and they are more sensitive to changes to these needs.

Most are likely WC imports from Irian Jaya, in fact I'd be willing to bet they were at the price being sold.

Sorry for your loss, but as everyone else has stated, we need a little more info to go on.

Old 08-12-2010, 07:12 PM   #7
Lucille
Since you apparently had two critters die, did you consult a vet or research the cause of death? Symptoms? Length of time you had the critters before they became ill?
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...38#post1012438

Old 08-12-2010, 08:05 PM   #8
UndergroundReptiles
Hey Rob,
I'm sorry if you had an unpleasant experience with us. I am currently checking my order book but right now but it is only showing orders from 5/06/10-current. Please let me know when you ordered and by what means. If you paid with payapl I might be able to research your order that way as well. Also please send me your email address that way I can try and find any email correspondence we might have had. Any pictures of your setup for these frills and pictures of these frills will be helpful. Feel free to give me a call.

Ryan Borkan
(954)428-8005

Old 08-13-2010, 03:39 AM   #9
Noskire
Ryan,
I purchased the Frillie over the phone with a credit card on 3/27/10. The transaction posted on the 29th according to my statement. The lizard arrived looking ok but would never eat for me. I assumed it was stress and when he/she adjusted feeding would resume. By the time I found out it was a parasite problem the treatment prolonged its life but it never pulled out of it.
I called and communicated what was going on and I have stated what the result was. Im not sure what another call will accomplish. I realize I should have assumed the worst from the start and acted sooner on treatment. I have kept and keep alot of repiles and this is the first problem like this I have ever had. It was a win lose situation, with me and the Frilled Dragon on the losing end, and you on the win. I just dont want the same thing to happen to someone else. Im sure you have thousands of satisfied customers but unfortunately Im not one.

Old 08-13-2010, 04:48 AM   #10
ShadowAceD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noskire View Post
Ryan,
I purchased the Frillie over the phone with a credit card on 3/27/10. The transaction posted on the 29th according to my statement. The lizard arrived looking ok but would never eat for me. I assumed it was stress and when he/she adjusted feeding would resume. By the time I found out it was a parasite problem the treatment prolonged its life but it never pulled out of it.
I called and communicated what was going on and I have stated what the result was. Im not sure what another call will accomplish. I realize I should have assumed the worst from the start and acted sooner on treatment. I have kept and keep alot of repiles and this is the first problem like this I have ever had. It was a win lose situation, with me and the Frilled Dragon on the losing end, and you on the win. I just dont want the same thing to happen to someone else. Im sure you have thousands of satisfied customers but unfortunately Im not one.
You are still giving next to no information here for people to make an informed decision regarding this company. There are no e-mails, transactions, vet. bills (assumption since you found out it was a parasite issuse) or any correspondants of the sort to validate your claims.

That aside, you bought the animal in March. When you realized it was having an issue, when did you contact Underground Reptiles and can you prove this? Has the animal only recently passed away? We are in August now, that is quite some time since March (six months, in fact). When did you finally decide to take it to the vet., if you did at all? Did the ad have the Frilled labeled as a WC or a CB? Why did you not attempt to return the animal too them as soon as you realized there was a problem?

If it really did take six months for this animals to pass, I have a hard time believing that it should be the fault of the company that sold it to you. Especially since it's likely the TOS had expired by the time all of this came about. While, perhaps, it had contracted a parasite at their facility, once you decide to keep the animal, it is your responsibility to get it treatment. Then again, with such a stretch of time, I have to wonder if, despite your best intentions, the animal's health deteriorated because of insufficient husbandry.

Now, do not jump the gun here and assume I am blaming you for the animal's passing. I am not. The problem is, there is so little to go off of it could be any number of things at this point and there is no way to know more than he said/she said. When a Bad Guy Thread pops up six months after a transcation with no evidence to support it, it often raises some eyebrows.

Also, it appears Underground Reptiles is attempting contact with you via this thread, yet you seem to think calling them will resolve nothing. So, basically, you are stating you have no desire to communicate with them. If that is the case, why start this thread at all?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!