About that "tester99" entry in the Certification Forum... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 03-07-2005, 11:08 PM   #1
WebSlave
Talking About that "tester99" entry in the Certification Forum...

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=65622

Company name: Dead Snakes Anonymous
Owner Name: I. B. Gone (when I have your money)
Address: Hah! You wish!
Phone: Another Hah!
FaunaClassifieds member name: tester99
FC Trader Ratings Link: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ngs.php?u=2013
email: fagedaboutid@hotmail.com
web address: www.roadkillandboxed.com

Man, this is WAY too funny! I actually got a message from someone saying that this thread got cut and pasted on another website (didn't tell me which one, but I have a suspicion....) as an example of the types of people that are allowed to participate in this certification program. Obviously the name I used for this "tester99" and the slapstick choices of answers to the prompts for ID were way too subtle for them.

Anyway, for those guys using this as an example, please, you are just KILLING me with your antics. And you expect to be taken seriously? Come on! You can't really think anyone would believe you now do you? Or heck, maybe you do have a following of believers. I actually find that even FUNNIER!!

Anyway, just so those poor deluded people will understand what this is, my programmer is working on the code to check the stats in each of these threads and automatically set any thread where the stats show a negative number to being highlighted in red. This will save me from having to view each and every one of them manually in order to check on them periodically. And now I want you to think REALLY hard now: Just how would the programmer test this code without having an example of a negative rating to work with? Duh......

Sorry, I do know if is not polite to laugh at people like this, but I just find this all really darn hilarious, and I REALLY needed a good laugh today!

Old 03-07-2005, 11:16 PM   #2
leaftail
Someone thinks Dead Snakes Anonymous is a real company?

LMAO

Even I knew what you were doing when I saw it, and I'm really not that bright

Old 03-08-2005, 03:08 PM   #3
WebSlave
As a FYI, my programmer has implemented the code I had requested to automate the auditing of the member ratings in the Certification threads. I will leave that test thread up until I get to the #0099 mark for the next applicant so you all can see what I was talking about doing. Plus I think maybe the "termites" nibbling at the foundation of this site may be better able to figure out what it is for this way.

BTW, I am going to be going through and auditing those certifications pretty shortly, since the 30 day deadline is coming up to get the certificate banner on the participants websites. I sure would hate to have to disqualify anyone for not complying with this requirement. But this is what it is FOR. The more people showing this certificate, the quicker it will be recognized by the general public for what it stands for. So please, do YOUR part in this.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!