High End Herps Soon Hiring!! Senior Manager Needed! $36,000 & free housing to start! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Employment Opportunities & Help Wanted

Notices

Employment Opportunities & Help Wanted Advertisements for anything employment oriented for any line of work involving animals.

Old 08-23-2006, 02:55 PM   #1
High End Herps Inc
High End Herps Soon Hiring!! Senior Manager Needed! $36,000 & free housing to start!

We are currently taking applications/resumes for the following positions opening up in May of 2007:

Senior Manager;

Job description:
One who is responsible for ALL day to day activities/duties when we are away. These duties include but are not limited to:
Overseeing/managing breeding facilities and peripheral physical-labor employees.
Customer service [ie answering phones/emails/inquiries.]
Conducting business and placing new advertisements.
Renewing old advertisements.
Shipping reptiles.
Receiving incoming reptiles.
Initiating quarantine.
Keeping records.
Assisting in physical labor when necessary, including, but not limited to:
Cage cleaning, feeding reptiles, collecting eggs for incubation, hatching babies, cage building, building/facility construction, rodentry duties-[breeding rabbits, rats, pigs, etc]
Driving continental delivery with co-driver once every month.

Person applying must be 100% reliable and honest with no criminal record.
Must provide full references.
Must be willing to sign a legal confidentiality/non-disclosure contract binding them to complete secrecy as to the nature of any breeding projects and unannounced offspring at High End Herps Inc.
Must be willing to relocate to our area.
Must have valid drivers license with above average driving record.
Must be in above average physical condition.
Must have decent, working knowledge with giant constrictor species.
Must have higher than average intelligence and an exceptional aptitude in regards to working with giant reptiles and other related animals.
Prefer age to be 25 to 40 but over 18 is acceptable if person is fully mature and accountable.

Wages and Benefits:

Starting salary of $3,000.00 per month.
Full health benefits after 6 months of service.
Private home on considerable acreage provided 100% free of rent (High End Herps Inc retains full title and ownership of property and home. Employee responsible for all utilities & maintenance)
Company vehicle also available.

Optional benefit: If employee is willing to sign a 10 year renewable contract to serve as our private full time veterinarian we will pay for all necessary collegiate classes to achieve a degree in veterinary medicine specializing in reptiles. A fully equipped lab will be provided (ownership of said property retained by High End Herps Inc). Duties will mostly include monthly or bi-annual check-ups on all breeding stock and future breeding stock as well as full examinations of all incoming, quarantine animals and any treatment said animals may require. Contractual period begins upon the first day the employee is able to legally practice veterinary medicine.

Prefer single person but spouse and small family is acceptable provided all other requirements are met.
Spouse or significant other may also seek and obtain employment with company as physical laborer.
Wages for physical laborer start at 8 dollars per hour.

Please email all pertinent information related to/in conjunction with, applications/resumes along with contact information and all personal information (age, sex, physical condition, history/experience with reptiles, family etc) and anything you can think to add to David_Beauchemin@highendherps.com and tell me why you think you are the best person for this job. I will get back to you immediately to ask a few questions of my own and then will slowly process your resume. I will get back to each person in a very timely manner.

Thanks to all and best of luck on landing this dream job. I look forward to working with the person/s that best fit our needs here at High End Herps Inc.

David Beauchemin
High End Herps Inc
http://www.highendherps.com/
(318) 335-3673

Old 09-06-2006, 01:15 PM   #2
High End Herps Inc
A little bump to the top

Just wanted to post that we are still accepting resume`s and will be taking them until April 07 or the position is filled.

David Beauchemin
High End Herps Inc
http://www.highehdherps.com/
(318) 335-3673

Old 10-13-2006, 01:47 AM   #3
varnyard
If you were not so far from me I would think about it in a heart beat. But I could just seeing me move my whole breeding project of tegus (16 adults), my wife and son there.

Old 11-16-2006, 09:11 AM   #4
High End Herps Inc
Quote:
Originally Posted by varnyard
If you were not so far from me I would think about it in a heart beat. But I could just seeing me move my whole breeding project of tegus (16 adults), my wife and son there.
Too bad on that. It would be a plus to get someone that already has the kind of experience that y'all already have. I wouldn't have to train you, I'd just have to hand over the keys.

Have you given much thought to that other issue we discussed in email?

Take care pardner,
David Beauchemin

Old 12-13-2006, 02:18 PM   #5
High End Herps Inc
Additional Opportunities at High End Herps Inc!

Additional Opportunities at High End Herps Inc!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In addition to the positions opening up at our main facility we also will be opening up a "Giant Serpent Safari" reptile display center here in central Louisiana in mid 2007. We will need a manager and 2 full time General Maintenance employees, all with giant python handling experience. Many of the same guidelines in the above post apply to these positions. Please apply by email to David_Beauchemin@HighEndHerps.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also Needed!: We are focusing on opening up a franchise in every one of the continental states, three in Texas due to it's sheer size and scope (Dallas, Houston and El Paso). If you feel you can run a franchise operation for us and represent your state with our animals please submit your resume` via email to the above email address. Many of the same guidelines in the original post apply to these positions. Must be honest and reliable and dedicated to the quality and well being of our animals. Please email for details.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also Needed!: I need a computer whiz. I would like to design, build and launch an interactive online reptiles classifieds website that has all of the services of the bigger online classifieds in existence but that is more "user-friendly", easier to navigate, and is 1/4th the cost to the customer to use. If you feel you can help us to bring this concept to fruition please submit your resume` or apply by email at the above mentioned email address. I would like to have this up and running by next June.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are still taking resume`s for the Senior Manager position.

I hope to be hearing from you soon,
David Beauchemin
High End Herps Inc

Old 12-13-2006, 02:47 PM   #6
Scott Ashton
It sounds like an exciting opportunity.

You're original posting does appear to be in direct conflict with the Age Discrimination & Employment Act of 1967 and you may be exposing yourself to considerable liability by specifying an age preference and requesting applicants to disclose their age.

Old 12-13-2006, 04:22 PM   #7
kmurphy
Quote:
requesting applicants to disclose their age.
Although I agree that the line in David's original post is discriminatory most applicants dislcose their age on an employment application.

The Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 (ADEA)

JOB NOTICES AND ADVERTISEMENTS
The ADEA makes it unlawful to include age preferences, limitations, or specifications in job notices or advertisements. As a narrow exception to that general rule, a job notice or advertisement may specify an age limit in the rare circumstances where age is shown to be a "bona fide occupational qualification" (BFOQ) reasonably necessary to the essence of the business.

PRE-EMPLOYMENT INQUIRIES
The ADEA does not specifically prohibit an employer from asking an applicant's age or date of birth. However, because such inquiries may deter older workers from applying for employment or may otherwise indicate possible intent to discriminate based on age, requests for age information will be closely scrutinized to make sure that the inquiry was made for a lawful purpose, rather than for a purpose prohibited by the ADEA.

Old 12-13-2006, 04:49 PM   #8
Scott Ashton
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmurphy
Although I agree that the line in David's original post is discriminatory most applicants dislcose their age on an employment application.
Point taken - although I'm not sure I would agree with "most". Indeed some or many.

This is a very fine line to walk and leaves you exposed to potential discrimination charges.

In cases where it can be clearly demonstrated to be relevant; an age range can be specified, but the determination of relevance is up to the EEOC.

If they have fewer than 20 employees they may be technically exempt from the ADEA, but with plans to franchise that could quickly change. State discrimination laws may be less permissive. Most states offer small business training to address such issues at nominal or no cost.

It seems as though High End Herps has a very ambitious business plan, which is certainly interesting to see unfold. Given the scope of the project you would hope that issues such as this had been hashed out before "going live".

Old 12-14-2006, 10:54 AM   #9
Griz
This just simply does not add up to me.

1) You have an individual who is making some rather key errors (asking a potential new hire their age???) that anyone who has an ounce of business sense would know not to ask.

2) You have an individual who just broke his own arm by patting himself on his back regarding cutting rates for the less fortunate. Again, a very amateur mistake.

3) You have an individual who is talking about opening up a franchise in 48 states.

4) You have an individual who is offering a "too good to be true" job offer.

5) You have an individual who is "keeping the job offer open until May 2007". You would think that if they truly needed this position filled that someone would jump on the chance to take it so why hasn't anyone done this yet?

6) Your website seems to be entirely devoted to instilling a sense of confidence in a potential buyer. I have never seen a seller that was attempting to put into people's minds that you often times spend 3 hours on the phone with your customers. Everything mentioned, at least on the front page, is very atypical of a true business who did not have ulterior motives.

7) On your feedback page, you leave out any identifying marks from your buyers but make sure to leave identifying marks from those whom simply were not buyers but simply commenting on your site.

When all is said and done, this appears to be a feeble attempt at making one's business sound a lot larger than what it really is. Obviously done in an attempt to garner more sales, ala TSE, by appearing to be something in which they are not.

David, if am I wrong I will be the first one to apologize but my gut instinct tells me that this whole setup stinks to high heaven. It simply does not add up.

Griz

Old 12-14-2006, 11:07 AM   #10
kmurphy
Quote:
3) You have an individual who is talking about opening up a franchise in 48 states.
I was thinking about this. In viewing your website you have very few animals that are legal in Maine without a permit. Most of your inventory is made up of burm and retic morph's. Both are very difficult to get a permit for. I would think other states have "hampering" restrictions as well, so opening a franchise in 48 States would seem to be impractical to me.

Also, if you had a store front, a permit for the above is not an option because pet shops are not allowed to sell restricted animals, or even have them on the premises.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!