WC E. Yellow bellied Racer behavior - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Field Collecting/Observing

Notices

Field Collecting/Observing Sightings of herps in the wild, where-tos and how-tos, as well as photos of herps in their native environment.

Old 12-23-2009, 08:20 AM   #1
zipzagger
WC E. Yellow bellied Racer behavior

I recently caught one and never have I seen a snake move so fast and react so violently to being chased and caught. As I was running after it trying to pin it with my stick, it went from full speed to a complete in the air 180 lunge at me trying to bite. it did this numerous times. when I finally caught it, it musked me pretty bad, a horrible smell.

I am letting it go, I only took it home to take pics and identify it for certain. Can't imagine anyone wanting one.

Old 12-26-2009, 11:54 AM   #2
Tim Cole
Thumbs up

Ben,
I actually could use it for the snake id classes I teach in our area. Since it's been so cold the last few days I assume you still have it?

If so, give me a call. I might also remind you that I have a snake id website for Central Texas.

Old 12-26-2009, 02:01 PM   #3
zipzagger
Too late, but............................................... ..........

if I catch another one, I will keep you in mind. I am in Houston, so if you met me halfway on 290 maybe. are you still selling f/t rats? or am I confusing you with someone else? I would trade you the snake for a couple of small rats, that is if I catch another one.

I am going to attempt to post a pic of it here, but I am notoriously bad about that skill.

Old 12-26-2009, 02:13 PM   #4
zipzagger
oh yeah

the day I let it go it was T-shirt warm here, but it's pretty chilly now.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!