Bad Guy Bobby Hill - Varnyard Herps: Buyers Beware. - Page 48 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-27-2014, 08:03 PM   #471
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by desz0000 View Post
I have also had a bad experience with Bobby Hill of Varnyard Herps. I had contacted him via email in early May. He responded back to me fairly quickly with the info i needed to put a deposit down on a 2013 Arg. B/W Tegu hatchling. Once i sent him the deposit of 75$. It was like he was ghost. I sent many emails, but yet no reply. Unfortunately i did not find out about his thieving ways till after the fact. Which is actually how i stumbled upon Fauna Classifieds. The icing on the cake was, when i was attending a reptile expo in Cleveland, ohio. A vendor who I was purchasing a Tarantula from told me he get his Tegu hatchlings from a breeder in Florida. Wouldn't you know it, just so happened to be our buddy Bobby. Who had sold him some Tegus in early spring. Small world. Ive since considered it a loss. Just really grinds my gears. Wish I was a Fauna member a little sooner. oh well just thought i should share my super awesome experience with everyone . Thanks for the shoulder
Thanks for coming forward with your bad experience with Bobby Hill and I also wish you were a fauna member sooner so you could have avoided this.anyone else that has had a bad experience with Bobby should take the time to post it here.

Old 12-03-2018, 11:44 AM   #472
MrGriffin
So, what ever happened to Bobby? I remember him being the “Tegu King” and had the best tegus on the market back when I found his website in 2010-2011, does he still breed them today? or did he just disappear?

Old 12-03-2018, 11:49 AM   #473
KelcifersDragons
He disappeared and the tegu problem in FL was a result of it if I remember right.

Old 12-03-2018, 11:54 AM   #474
MrGriffin
Oh wow, I didn’t know that. Was he the source of the “firebelly” trait?

Old 12-03-2018, 12:21 PM   #475
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelcifersDragons View Post
He disappeared and the tegu problem in FL was a result of it if I remember right.
In all honesty you can not blame that on him.

Old 12-03-2018, 12:51 PM   #476
KelcifersDragons
He didn't help that situation and leaving the animals and disappearing while they escaped his farm only exasperated the situation and then it made the news and poof spread like fire about invasive animals in FL.

Old 12-03-2018, 12:53 PM   #477
KelcifersDragons
As for fire belly tegus, they arent a genetic trait and some lose the color and others don't.

Old 12-04-2018, 05:16 PM   #478
MrGriffin
If they aren’t genetic, then what is it?

Old 12-04-2018, 05:17 PM   #479
Snakesatsunset
a hormonal/seasonal change in animals that originate from the chaco region.

Old 12-04-2018, 08:13 PM   #480
MrGriffin
Wow, thats crazy, good information. ����

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
bobby hill, tegusforsale.com, varnyard