lawsuit over sb 310 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 10-18-2012, 03:52 PM   #1
ROBERT SIDERS
lawsuit over sb 310

THE OHIO ASSOCIATION OF ANIMAL OWNERS IS SUING THE STATE OFOHIO OVER THE CONSTITUTIONAL STATUS OF SB 310, OAAO IS A NON PROFIT REPRESENTING THIS CASE. THIS CASE IS BACKED BY ALL IN OHIO, BEST EXOTICS, HERP LOBBY ,AVR ..AMERICAN VENOM REGISTER, ETC. THIS CASE WILL SET A NATIONAL LEGAL PRECEDENCE SO NO MATTER WHERE YOU LIVE THIS CASE IS OURS TOGETHER. I DIDNT MISS A MINUTE OF THESE HEARINGS AND AGAIN WILL MAKE CLEAR USARK , HERP LOBBY ,AVR ALL OF US FOUGHT FOR YOU , NOW YOU MUST FIGHT FOR US AND YOUR OWN INTERESTS.BECAUSE HSUS AND THEIR ILK ARE NEVER GOING AWAY WE MUST BE CLEAR THAT WE ARENT EITHER . SO, I ASK THAT ALL PETTY DIFFERENCES ARE SET ASIDE . I DONT CARE IF TERRY W, LETS HIS DAUGHTER HOLD HER GATOR , SHE HAS RECIEVED SEVERAL OFFERS FROM EVERY IVY LEAGUE SCHOOL THEIR IS SO WHATEVER ... I DONT CARE IF ANDREW BOUGHT TOOTHPASTE, AND LOST THE RECEIPT , IT DOESNT MATTERTO ME . ALL THAT MATTERS IS THAT THESE GUYS FIGHT FOR THE SAME RIGHTS THAT I DO SO THEY ARE MY ALLIES, AND NO LONGERCARE IF THEY SEE EYE TO EYE ON EACH ISSUE. TERRY FIGHTS FOR NO REGULATION, ANDREW FIGHTS , THE SAME MONSTER WITH A DIFFERENT WEAPON , NEITHER HAS MALICE IN THEIR VEINS , ALTHOUGH THEY TAKE DIFFERING DIRECTION , ALL ROADS LEAD TO ROME. OR, COLUMBUS , IN THIS CASE. WE EXPECT THIS TO COST ABOUT 200- 250,000 DOLLARS ,THIS INCLUDES AN COURT INJUNCTION, TO FREEZE THIS NAZI LIKE LAW UNTIL WE WIN . ALSO THERE IS RUMOR THAT ANDREW IS PONDERING A SUIT AGAINST THE FED FOR THE ETERNALLY BS THAT IS THE FWS CONSTRICTOR FINDINGS WHICH ARE A CROSS BETWEEN LUDICROUS IN ITS CREDIBILITY, ARE FRAUDULENT IN ITS BEST POSTURE, I URGE ALL TO SUPPORT USARK IN THIS ENDEAVOR, IF THEY DECIDE TO TAKE THIS PATH. AVR , PLEDGES 1000.00, FOR BATTLE OF OHIO , AND FOR USARK IF THEY CHOOSE TO SUE OVER FWS RULING.WHILE TALKING TO ANDREW IN COLUMBUS AND ON THE PHONE KINDA GOT THE FEELING HE AND ERICA , ARE DESIRING TO BRING SUIT AS WELL. BUT WILL NOT ASSUME TO SPEAK FOR HIM, CERTAIN HE WILL HELP IN SB310 LAWSUIT, NOT SURE HOW MUCH , BUT HE WAS VERY DISSAPOINTED, IN OHIO OUTCOME SO TO SOME DEGREE HE WILL BE INVOLVED, AND ALL OF US MUST HELP HIM , IF HE DECIDES TOSUE AS WELL. PLEASE CALL WITH ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS AT 813 766 9684 .....ROBERT SIDERS AVR.

Old 10-21-2012, 02:52 PM   #2
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT SIDERS View Post
THIS CASE WILL SET A NATIONAL LEGAL PRECEDENCE.
Exactly what precedent will it set?
Quote:
DIDNT MISS A MINUTE OF THESE HEARINGS .
Many of us might be interested in the hearings, why not set up a daily blog and report back as to what went on?
Quote:
THIS TO COST ABOUT 200- 250,000 DOLLARS .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
If they are going to all of us rather than to a big fancy corporation for donations, they need to be transparent about finances and they need to hire or appoint someone who will give updates and answer questions.

Money is tight for everyone right now. It's not like the old days when there was spare cash floating around.

None of us should be expected, or guilted into, parting with money without being able to see how it is spent.

We've seen good guys go bad, we've seen good companies go bad, it doesn't take that much extra effort to put together updates to make sure our money is going to guys who are still

1)Good and
2) Fighting for us.
Transparency, transparency,transparency. Please list specific expected costs for the quarter of a million tab, if you are expecting donations.

Quote:
.. I DONT CARE IF ANDREW BOUGHT TOOTHPASTE, AND LOST THE RECEIPT , IT DOESNT MATTERTO ME .
That doesn't matter to me either, I'm not unreasonable. But there is a big jump between $3.99 for a tube of toothpaste and a quarter of a million dollars.

Old 10-21-2012, 05:15 PM   #3
ROBERT SIDERS
lucille thank you for your concern,all assistance should go to OAAO , SEE THEIR WEBSITE PLEASE,, AVR sets up people with doctors, antivenin supply and hospitals, but we lobby venomous everywhere, texas, louisiana, penn, mich, and ohio,ask for polly at OAAO, PH NO IN WEBSITE, OAAO is an nonprofit in OHIO. IF I remember right, i believe balance sheets are available from either lawyer or their acct.I think OAAO ASKS MONEY TO GO STRAIGHTto acct or lawyer. thank you for your concern ...... fight for the right, Robert Siders AVR.

Old 10-21-2012, 05:31 PM   #4
Lucille
You have avoided answering the question about precedent. If it is vitally important, you should be able to verbalize the challenge being faced.

Quote:
l IF I remember right, i believe balance sheets are available from either lawyer or their acct.
Then it should be no problem for you to copy and paste them here, where you are requesting funds.
Transparency.

Old 10-21-2012, 06:00 PM   #5
ROBERT SIDERS
Lucille , no avoidance here at all, dont send anything to me,will find out how to cut and paste , but would prefer you go to website of OAAO EASIER FOR YOU THAN ME . THE PRECEDENT SET WOULD BE something for you to call the lawyer in charge right? YOU R MOST CONFRONTING ARENT YOU? Thankyou for your concern ,but I must waylay the legalities to lawyer , and thanks for your help, polly at OAAOwould have lawyers ph no . thank you .....robert s.

Old 10-21-2012, 08:20 PM   #6
Teatime
That was a rather difficult read! All caps and walls of text are hard on my eyes.

I found the Ohio law here: http://www.legislature.state.oh.us/b...?ID=129_SB_310

Looks like a good number of large species of constrictors and venomous snakes are going to become illegal starting in 2014 if this law isn't changed (also other reptiles like crocs/gators and exotic mammals). I went to the OAAO website to find out more and I'll quote the information here to save people the google trip:

Quote:
Ohio Exotic Animal Bill SB310

Sponsor: Senator Troy Balderson

Bans ownership of certain exotic animals after 1/1/2014. Grants exemptions to private corporations including AZA and ZAA; no exemption for licensed & inspected USDA facilities. Sanctuaries must be approved by GFAS (HSUS front organization) in order to keep their animals but are prohibited from commercial activities typically used to raise funds for care of the animals.

Status of bill:
Introduced 3/8/12, passed the Senate by a vote of 30 to 1 on 4/25/2012 and the House by a vote of 89 to 9 on 5/22/2012, signed by the Governor on 6/5/2012 and goes into effect 90 days afterward.
I can't seem to find anything about a lawsuit on their website though. Maybe I'm just missing it? Can the OP provide insight as to where I should be looking? I do see where it indicates that the OAAO opposes the law but not that there's going to be a lawsuit challenging it.

Old 10-21-2012, 08:29 PM   #7
ROBERT SIDERS
TEATIME, thank you for concern ,please call polly at OAAO, FOR DETAILS, am no good on computer . caps are easier on eyes, polly will set you up with the attorney for your questions, he mails back receipt of any asst, polly will not put info on site until realease of suit in 1 or 2 weeks, thank you for your constructive concerns. sb310 actually takes effect on nov 5 , will not enforce criminaly, until 2014, thanks for advice and asst............robert s.

Old 10-21-2012, 08:41 PM   #8
Teatime
Quote:
TEATIME, thank you for concern ,please call polly at OAAO, FOR DETAILS, am no good on computer . caps are easier on eyes, polly will set you up with the attorney for your questions, he mails back receipt of any asst, polly will not put info on site until realease of suit in 1 or 2 weeks, thank you for your constructive concerns. sb310 actually takes effect on nov 5 , will not enforce criminaly, until 2014, thanks for advice and asst............robert s.
Thanks. I don't really need all the details but I'm sure there are others who would like to know. So it seems the money goes straight to the attorney's office. I look forward to following the developments and results of this case. My own state of New York has similar animal restrictions but I don't think anyone's fighting the law.

Old 10-21-2012, 09:00 PM   #9
ROBERT SIDERS
I just talked to one plaintiff, members recieve, updates via email, others need to call website ph no, thanks again teatime, nice to see someone caring about the plight of others in a state not their own, this law will apply to the national scene, I know polly at OAAO , thanks you as well , for this to be deemed unconstitutional here would allow a legal challenge in your own state...... THANK YOU ....... ROBERT S.

Old 11-25-2012, 09:47 PM   #10
noahboy
Lawsuits cost money. 'Nuff said? You can donate through PayPal through either the OAAO website or Herplobby website.

The "bad guys" want you to keep nothing. The foot in the door has always been venomous, large snakes and crocs. Has been for the 20+ years I have been attending hearings. I won't begin to elaborate upon the damage caused to our fight in Ohio by USARK. There are provisions in the law to add other animals. Add they have to the native list. History will repeat itself.

It is also interesting to note the community where ODA is putting their facility is considering a legal challenge as well.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!