dragon not acting right... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-14-2015, 04:57 PM   #1
sqwkr
dragon not acting right...

Hey everyone! I am having some concerns about my oldest female dragon she is about 8.5 months old and is about 16.5 inches long and only 264 grams as of last night. I say only because she was 290 on the 22nd of November and 258 before that on the 9th. Now here is some background on her. I have had her since end of june. She ate like a monster up till about 7 month old. She then started taking naps during the day and not as interested in food. The shop I go to suggested putting in a stronger backing bulb cuz I only had a 25 watt in there before. Well now she just doesnt sit under the basking bulb and she hardly eats anything. I thought ok a parasite maybe? so I need to get a fecal on here but she usually poops (if she poops that day) in the morning while I am at work. So I dont know how to get it, I'm not giving up I'm still trying. I attached a picture of all 3 she is the one in the middle. on her left is my boy and is only 4.5 months old and is 17.5 inches and like 278 grams, the other one is 6 months old and shes just small at 15 inches and 190 or something (i have it written down at home). Anyway I digress...Kalena is in her own enclosure it is 36x18x18 melamine with glass doors on the front, pretty standard. She has a reptisun 24" 10.0 uvb and a 50 watt basking bulb, I keep an eye on the temps and the basking spot is right around 110. I try and keep the diet varied with the bugs. Dubia are the staple with supers, hornworms, wax worms, and pheonix worms as treats. Greens are mostly dandelion and romaine she will take a bite of other kinds like collard and mustard greens then like shake her head and back up so i took that as she didnt like it. I put carrot, cucumber, zucchini normally. Ive tried apple, grapes, banana, hibiscus, carnations, rose petals she does the same backing up thing. She gets a good soak either every other day or every 2 days. I keep a water dish in her cage, her cage is only closed while no one is home so about 6 hours then open the rest of the time so it keeps the humidity low.
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!