Rankins Dragons - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-25-2003, 05:06 PM   #1
mycurlylocks
Rankins Dragons

Is there any real difference between the Rankins and the Beardeds?

Old 02-26-2003, 11:02 PM   #2
hanoverherps
Sure...

Hi Curlylocks,
I'm not sure I totally understand your question.... Rankins dragons are very different than bearded dragons. They look very different in size and appearance. They are much smaller than your average beardie and they also do not carry all the different color morphs you can find the beardeds in as well.
I also find them to act different than beardies do as well. Mine tend to get along better than my beardeds. Male rankins can be housed in the same enclosure with less problems than with housing more than one male bearded as well. Mine tend to be much less territorial as well.
They also have slightly cooler temps needed to house them then the beardeds do too. My rankins seem to love to spend much more time in water than my beardeds do. For this reason, I keep a small plastic (small sweater box) swimming pool in their enclosures for them to enjoy all day long. Many times I find them lounging around kind of soaking in their pool with much enjoyment.
I'm sure there are many other differences as well, but these are some I can think of off the top of my head. Hopefully a few more people will join in here and add their opinions as well.
If you have anymore questions, feel free to PM me or drop me an e-mail and I'll help any way I can...

Thanks,
Bob

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!